Windows 10: Modern apps after sysprep does not work

Discus and support Modern apps after sysprep does not work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I install Windows to vhdx in hyper-v. I make two users, make some updates and install some apps. I make sysprep and copy vhdx to another PC and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kay, Sep 10, 2015.

1. KAY
    kay Win User

Modern apps after sysprep does not work

Hello. I install Windows to vhdx in hyper-v. I make two users, make some updates and install some apps. I make sysprep and copy vhdx to another PC and boot from this.
    After this, start menu does not work. i can not tun no modern apps, and Notifications panel does not works too.
    when i make new user, all works fine. I need to make this work for the already created User.

Can anybody help me how make sysprep and it works with existing user?
    Thanks

:)

2. Tamim_830 Win User

Touchpad scrolling does not work in modern apps

Hi everyone,

I recently returned to Windows 10 from Linux. I had difficulty with my Synaptics PS/2 Touchpad since scrolling in the new drivers don't work well. I have managed to solve this problem by installing an old driver.

Touchpad scrolling now works fine in all desktop apps, but scrolling doesn't work on any modern app, even in the start menu, Cortana, Edge, etc.

Is there a possible solution to this problem? Thanks.

PS: I have previously used Windows 8.1 and this problem wasn't there.

Tamim_830, Sep 10, 2015
  3. Touchpad scrolling does not work in modern apps

Hi Tamim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

We understand your concern and will certainly assist you to solve it.

Please try to uninstall the touchpad drivers and then reinstall them and check if the issue persists. Now before uninstalling, please go to the manufacturer's website and download the latest drivers.

1. Press Windows key + X key and select Device Managers.

2. In there select the Touchpad drivers, righty click it and select Uninstall. (don't select the "delete driver software for this device")

Now, Install the latest drivers from the manufacture's website and install them in compatibility mode.

1. Right click the driver set up and select properties.

2. In the compatibility tab, go to compatibility mode, tick the Run the program in compatibility mode for: select the windows operating system you want the driver to run in.

Please let us know if the issue is resolved or you need any further assistance.

Amarjeet_Paul, Sep 10, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Hi Kay, welcome to the Ten Forums.

Please explain how do you create the users? Do you boot Windows to Audit Mode with the built-in admin account before creating any user accounts, create the users in answer file and then sysprep, or do you install Windows normally, boot to desktop, create your users and then sysprep in Windows normal mode?

Let's start with that.

5. KAY
    kay Win User
    Hello. Thank you for quic answer. I install windows normally, boot to desktop and create local users. I sing in for the user, make same settings and then make sysprep in normal mode.

6. Kari Win User
    Sysprep has a bug, existing user accounts in most cases lose the Start and Search. That's why it's better to install Windows and then boot to Audit Mode before you create the first, initial user account. In Audit Mode prepare an answer file and create your users in it, then sysprep using that answer file.

You cannot create MS accounts in answer file, this only works for local and domain accounts.

Kari, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Modern apps after sysprep does not work - Similar Threads - Modern apps sysprep

2. Keep Metro apps after Sysprep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep Metro apps after Sysprep: I am creating an OEM version of Windows 11 Home, and I want to include Metro Applications for the end-user, and after I sysprep the system, the metro applications are gone, although the apps are installed. In the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder, the Metro Applications...
  3. Keep Metro apps after Sysprep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep Metro apps after Sysprep: I am creating an OEM version of Windows 11 Home, and I want to include Metro Applications for the end-user, and after I sysprep the system, the metro applications are gone, although the apps are installed. In the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder, the Metro Applications...
  4. Modern apps and start menu not working.

Modern apps and start menu not working.: Hello, the modern apps like settings, paint 3d, feedback hub and the start menu are not working.Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/modern-apps-and-start-menu-not-working/706a45dd-b6d3-40e7-9925-ff5c71be2877
  5. Sysprep is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sysprep is not working: Either Sysprep is not working or the documentation is lying. It is my understanding that what ever I do during SysPrep will carry over to all new user account created from now on.This is not what is happening.I set it up like I want, SysPrep it, and then test. BEHOLD. The...
  6. Sysprep is not working

Sysprep is not working: Either Sysprep is not working or the documentation is lying. It is my understanding that what ever I do during SysPrep will carry over to all new user account created from now on.This is not what is happening.I set it up like I want, SysPrep it, and then test. BEHOLD. The...
  7. Sysprep is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Why aren't some of the Default Modern Apps installing after SysPrep?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why aren't some of the Default Modern Apps installing after SysPrep?: I installed the current version of Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v1809 updated to build 17763.134) in a Virtual Machine with an autounattend.xml script booting into Audit Mode after first reboot to customize the image! All the Store Apps installed and updated since my VM has an...
  9. Pandora Modern App stopped working after malware treatment

Pandora Modern App stopped working after malware treatment: So, I ran a bunch of programs to remove some Malware I had been having problems with (e.g. MalwareBytes, etc.) And the Pandora Modern app stopped working. It opens and I can log in, but it won't play any music. The cover art for the stations and songs it tries to play won't...
  10. Windows 10 modern apps not working...

Windows 10 modern apps not working...: So, I had a problem this morning regarding the modern apps icons, they were all blank whichever app I ran. Then I tried to fix them following this article: BEST FIX: Windows 10 Store Icon Missing - Appuals.com But, it just made things worse and now I can't even open Windows...