Windows 10: Modern apps: after uninstalling, they reappear in newly-created user accounts

Discus and support Modern apps: after uninstalling, they reappear in newly-created user accounts in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home 21H2 19044.2006I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 Home. I uninstalled several apps that I don't need, such as: Disney+;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by franklin-xy, Sep 19, 2022.

1. Modern apps: after uninstalling, they reappear in newly-created user accounts

Windows 10 Home 21H2 19044.2006I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 Home. I uninstalled several apps that I don't need, such as: Disney+; Groove Music; Mixed Reality Portal; Office; OneNote for Windows 10; Paint 3D; Skype; Solitaire Collection; Spotify Music; Xbox; etc.Later, I added two local Windows user accounts. Those apps have appeared in those accounts, so I would have to uninstall them from each of those accounts.Is that just the way "modern" Windows apps work? Or, does Windows automatically create/install those apps whenever a new account is created, perhaps as part of the OOBE

:)

franklin-xy, Sep 19, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Old user account with Microsoft account reappeared on the computer

Hi Graham,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

It is very unusual that the old profile has reappeared on the computer.

Ideally, the old profile will only reappear if System Restore has been performed on the computer. We would like to if you are aware of any changes made to the computer.

As you have mentioned that your Microsoft account is linked to your old profile, I would suggest you to convert the Microsoft account to a local account by following the steps mentioned below:

1. Login to the old account.
    2. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    3. Click on Accounts and select
      Your info
      from the left pane.
    4. Click on Sign in with a local account instead.
    5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.

After converting the account to a local account, if you wish to delete the account, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Login to the newly created account.
    2. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    3. Type control and click on
      OK
    4. Select Large icons from the drop down for
      View by.
    5. Now, click on User Accounts.
    6. Click on Manage another account and select the user account that you want to remove.
    7. Click on Delete the account and select
      Keep Files (if you want to keep the files of the user account) else select Delete
      to remove the account.

After deleting the old user account, to convert the new user account to a Microsoft account, go to
    Settings (Windows Logo key + I) >> Accounts >>
    Your info
    >> click on Sign in with a Microsoft account and follow the on-screen instructions.

I hope the information provided by me is helpful for you.

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 19, 2022
  3. lorne9053 Win User
    after creating new user account the app store doesn't work

I have tried this several times with the same result:

create a new user account with local log-in

when returning to my own user account a number of my store apps will not run

none of the suggested fixes help:

• wsreset.exe fails [remote procedure failed]
    • entering several command lines at a system prompt fails [the entered location cannot be found]
    • deleting the newly created user account
    the only way I have found to fix this is to restore the computer to a previous time.

please don't suggest I try a bunch of the usual procedures to fix the store

this is something specifically to do with opening the new user account. is this an known issue?

lorne9053, Sep 19, 2022
  4. Modern apps: after uninstalling, they reappear in newly-created user accounts

Windows 10 New User Accounts

• Which is the new user account type you have created and facing these issue?
    Built in Administrator account

Local Account

MS Account

2. Have you made any changes on these accounts after creating them?

Not initially. Tried rebooting, removing and readding after a reboot. Tried adding via CLI and GUI interfaces

After that I tried one of the suggestions and tried coping a good account over the newly created account. That did not work

3. Does this issue persists on any specific user account?

No it persists on all newly created accounts do not work

4. What are the troubleshooting steps you have created in resolving the issue?

Just the ones mentioned in Step 2

5. Do let us know if you have any user account with no issues on your computer?

only the initial account that was created when I upgraded to windows 10

Robert Cantrell, Sep 19, 2022
Thema:

Modern apps: after uninstalling, they reappear in newly-created user accounts

1. Modern apps: after uninstalling, they reappear in newly-created user accounts - Similar Threads - Modern apps uninstalling

2. Modern apps: after uninstalling, they reappear in newly-created user accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modern apps: after uninstalling, they reappear in newly-created user accounts: Windows 10 Home 21H2 19044.2006I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 Home. I uninstalled several apps that I don't need, such as: Disney+; Groove Music; Mixed Reality Portal; Office; OneNote for Windows 10; Paint 3D; Skype; Solitaire Collection; Spotify Music; Xbox;...
  3. Modern apps: after uninstalling, they reappear in newly-created user accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modern apps: after uninstalling, they reappear in newly-created user accounts: Windows 10 Home 21H2 19044.2006I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 Home. I uninstalled several apps that I don't need, such as: Disney+; Groove Music; Mixed Reality Portal; Office; OneNote for Windows 10; Paint 3D; Skype; Solitaire Collection; Spotify Music; Xbox;...
  4. Uninstalled apps for different user accounts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstalled apps for different user accounts: I'm trying to figure out how I can keep uninstalled apps uninstalled from different users accounts. So basically if I'm logged in on my admin account and I uninstall a bunch of apps and then I have someone else log in on their account and those same apps that I uninstalled on...
  5. User Account of Second Computer Keeps Reappearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Account of Second Computer Keeps Reappearing: I had a laptop before that I used until the hard drive quit on it, and I ended up just giving up on it since I wasn't sure how to replace the hard drive myself. I disconnected it from my Microsoft account shortly after, but noticed its user account was still in my Users...
  6. Local user account created by nobody and reappeared every time after deletion

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local user account created by nobody and reappeared every time after deletion: I found a local user account called "John" in my notebook one day. I instantly deleted it. Later, it reappeared and I deleted again. Repeated several times, no malware was found by virus scan, but its reappearing was creepy. How to solve this? Virus scan I took: ESET...
  7. Unable to access newly created Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to access newly created Microsoft account: Hi! Need help! Bought a new laptop and thought of creating a new MS account during the start-up wizard assisted by Windows Cortana. The problem is that I couldn't access this email account! Now I get this notification under 'Shared Experiences Account' stating some of my...
  8. Old user account with Microsoft account reappeared on the computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Old user account with Microsoft account reappeared on the computer: Some considerable time ago, at least 2-years I had a problem with Windows 10 not allowing me to make changes. I called the help-desk and gave remote access to the assistant who after trying several fixes decided that my current sign in profile settings would not allow any...
  9. Create user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Create user account: I want to create a user account apart from the admin account that I have on my pc with windows 10 how could I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-user-account/2952bb43-3771-4bf1-a45e-d1486e1390e0"
  10. Automatically deny access of (Drives) to newly created user accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Automatically deny access of (Drives) to newly created user accounts: Hello, Firstly, hope I'm posting in the right section. I would like to know if this is actually possible, i.e. the ability to deny complete access of a specific drive/partition to a newly created user account (local) somewhere in the advanced security settings or via...