Windows 10: Modern-apps APIs programs don't work...Windows 10 help

Discus and support Modern-apps APIs programs don't work...Windows 10 help in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had this problem yesturday. When I try to open UWP apps or UWP-based APIS additions(like Volume control, WIFI controller, battery checker, action... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TBneon, Oct 31, 2017.

1. TBneon Win User

Modern-apps APIs programs don't work...Windows 10 help

I had this problem yesturday.

When I try to open UWP apps or UWP-based APIS additions(like Volume control, WIFI controller, battery checker, action control, Start menu...etc) it doesn't open

But this problem is not limited to this only, I can't even run Admin CMD/Admin Powershell to do any solution from internet, it's really so annoying.

Any help please?

I like Windows 10 features but problems like these are really making me thinking to leave it.

:)

TBneon, Oct 31, 2017

2. How to ensure key applications will still run after Win10 upgrade

I would not have any worries in your case, Windows 10 is now very polished and should run any modern windows app you throw at it.

Though I don't use Adobe Reader, neither the Office programs, I can almost guarantee that those will work. (I highly doubt that Microsoft's own program wont run on their own OS, in the case of Office).

Hope that this helps!

PerplexativeKhat, Oct 31, 2017
  3. Last update caused all custom file associations to reset to defaults

I don't know what you try to tell me with this reply and how it helps to prevent modern apps to grab file associations while still allowing me to select modern apps from the open with menu.

The reg file proposed just sets NoOpenWith value which on one hand seems to prevent Windows to reset file associations to modern apps but also prevents me from selecting the app from the open with menu.

Rainer Meier, Oct 31, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, something like that will have a cause. I've never experienced it- but I've not upgraded to the FCU.

There's no detail in your specs. Could you please fill them in including details of your disk (see mine for comparison)?

What is your actual build number?
    (Windows key + X, winver)

Please post a screenshot of your Update History.
    to post a screenshot please use the Insert Image icon to the left of the video icon above your post

Try these basic steps:
    1. Please check your disk. Download and install Hard Disk Sentinel (trial) and post a screenshot of its GUI

2. Check your file system
    From an admin command prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed- else do not proceed.

3. From an admin prompt run
    SFC /SCANNOW
    and post the result

4. Do you have System restore enabled, and do you have any usable restore points?

History:
    What was the last event or change made that you know of before this started happening?

dalchina, Oct 31, 2017
Thema:

1. Modern-apps APIs programs don't work...Windows 10 help - Similar Threads - Modern apps APIs

2. Windows 10 apps don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 apps don't work: I bought a gaming PC last week and none of the pre-installed apps work, they open for a second and then close. I have tried all the solutions I found online, even letting the PC rest once and nothing. I have been using it for games and I have no problem with that, but I would...
  3. Windows 10 apps don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 apps don't work: I bought a gaming PC last week and none of the pre-installed apps work, they open for a second and then close. I have tried all the solutions I found online, even letting the PC rest once and nothing. I have been using it for games and I have no problem with that, but I would...
  4. Windows 10 apps don't work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. apps and programs not working windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    apps and programs not working windows 10: Have a problem with windows 10,apps and programs will not open nor uninstall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-and-programs-not-working-windows-10/3569a7ad-608a-4984-8780-f223087033c8
  6. Help!!! All Windows 10 modern apps NOT-INSTALLED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help!!! All Windows 10 modern apps NOT-INSTALLED: >>I cant explain properly But The Screenshot Does So check that First in the bottom So i just have a fresh install of windows 10 19042 and ALL the MICROSOFT STORE APPS are UN-INSTALLED they are only listed in the start menu and they show that they are in "installing" state...
  7. Windows 10 Apps don't work!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Apps don't work!: Hello, First of all will be a bit of a backstory; I upgraded all Windows 7 machines to Windows 10 last year when we had a Windows 2008 Server Curriculum and Windows 2012 Server Admin The machines that were on the 2012 server the Apps worked fine as they should. We then...
  8. Windows 10 Modern Apps not Running

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Modern Apps not Running: So, I am using Windows 10 Version 1909. When I try to open Modern Windows Apps like the Settings, Microsoft Store, or The Xbox app which are based on the Windows Universal Platform, I get an error from explorer.exe and the message says "class not registered." I need to know...
  9. Windows 10 19h1 Modern apps not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 19h1 Modern apps not working: Hi, I am a member of the Windows 10 insider program and have joined the slow ring. I have install build 18342.19h1_release.190215-1528. now a number of my 'modern ui' apps are not working including Settings Feedback Hub Get Help Deezer Films & TV The application...
  10. Windows 10 modern apps not working...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 modern apps not working...: So, I had a problem this morning regarding the modern apps icons, they were all blank whichever app I ran. Then I tried to fix them following this article: BEST FIX: Windows 10 Store Icon Missing - Appuals.com But, it just made things worse and now I can't even open Windows...