Windows 10: Modern Apps on Windows 10 Loading and then Disappear

Discus and support Modern Apps on Windows 10 Loading and then Disappear in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Modern Apps on Windows 10 Loading and then Disappear Seems that Applocker is causing the issue. Microsoft Store is blocked by design by Applocker.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Peter Lewis (peter.lewis), Oct 17, 2019.

1. Modern Apps on Windows 10 Loading and then Disappear

Modern Apps on Windows 10 Loading and then Disappear

Seems that Applocker is causing the issue.

Microsoft Store is blocked by design by Applocker.

Can't turn it off via GPO.

This affecting standard users only and there are no issues if the user is an administrator.

Already tried reinstalling MS Store.

:)

Peter Lewis (peter.lewis), Oct 17, 2019

2. Modern Ui apps crash on load (windows 10)

Recently (sometime in the last 4 weeks - I mostly use traditional apps so only when i tried to load up the calculator did I notice) my Modern UI applications suddenly crash on load, flickering up for less than a second before disappearing with no trace.

The majority of Modern apps crash in this manner, all except for the settings application - I only have the pre-installed apps installed, no third party ones.

I have attempted the solutions in this article :All modern UI apps, including action center, settings, Windows 10 start, NOT WORKING!. But to no avail, it seems to run the code in powershell,
    and then when completed reverts back to the input text (is this normal?), and the apps still don't work.

I have also tried temporarily disabling anti-virus, and checked I was running the most up-to-date software. and then trying to open them, but no change.

Lawrence_Ingham, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Disappearing Apps

I, too, recently ran into the same problem. After a recent Windows update my computer would not load properly. I received error code 7x000021a and was forced to run system restore to fix the problem - after which all apps disappeared. Any thoughts from anyone on how to fix this problem?

KatherineAnne, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Jan Del Win User

Windows 10 Modern apps not working

Hi Mike,

Since you just freshly reinstalled Windows 10, we suggest resetting apps by following the steps below:

• Type Settings on the search box.
    • Click on Settings.
    • On the left pane, click on Default apps.
    • Click Reset button under Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults.
    • Try to open another app and check if the issue persists.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Jan Del, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Modern Apps on Windows 10 Loading and then Disappear - Similar Threads - Modern Apps Loading

2. Modernizing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Modernizing Windows 10: [ATTACH] Hey everyone, I'm looking to make my desktop a little more modern and was wondering if there's an app that can make folders open similar to the way the downloads folder opens on macOS. I have a lot of apps on my desktop and would love to have them in separate...
  3. modern apps crashing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    modern apps crashing: Do you have an approach that typically resolves the issue of modern apps (store, photos, etc.) crashing instantly? start menu and settings still work. reregistering affected appx packages, sfc, and typical dism commands do not typically resolve the issue for me. this issue...
  4. Modernize and customize Windows 10 with these stunning apps

in Windows 10 News
    Modernize and customize Windows 10 with these stunning apps: Windows 10 is a vastly more open platform than its competitors and you can do almost whatever you want within reason. There are a variety of free, paid and open-source apps that can modernize your Windows experience. To customize Windows 10, you can install themes from the...
  5. Windows 10 Modern Apps not Running

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Modern Apps not Running: So, I am using Windows 10 Version 1909. When I try to open Modern Windows Apps like the Settings, Microsoft Store, or The Xbox app which are based on the Windows Universal Platform, I get an error from explorer.exe and the message says "class not registered." I need to know...
  6. Windows 10 19h1 Modern apps not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 19h1 Modern apps not working: Hi, I am a member of the Windows 10 insider program and have joined the slow ring. I have install build 18342.19h1_release.190215-1528. now a number of my 'modern ui' apps are not working including Settings Feedback Hub Get Help Deezer Films & TV The application...
  7. Modern Windows apps broken.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modern Windows apps broken.: It all started when I tried to use the calculator. I pressed the calculator key on my keyboard but the calculator app didn't open. It just flashed on the screen. I tried again but no luck. I googled and found this. I re-registered the apps and reboot my computer. Calculator...
  8. Modern Photo App

Modern Photo App: Any way to shuffle photos in slideshow? 10327
  9. Windows 10 modern apps not working...

Windows 10 modern apps not working...: So, I had a problem this morning regarding the modern apps icons, they were all blank whichever app I ran. Then I tried to fix them following this article: BEST FIX: Windows 10 Store Icon Missing - Appuals.com But, it just made things worse and now I can't even open Windows...
  10. No "Modern" Apps Launching

No "Modern" Apps Launching: I'm running build 9879, and there's a pretty big issue. Whenever I try to launch any "Modern" app, the icon appears in the taskbar, and the loading screen appears for a flash of a second, then disappears. The icon stays, and when I try to click the icon it flashes again but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 application loads breifly and then disappears