Windows 10: Modern Apps / UI & Keyboard input

Discus and support Modern Apps / UI & Keyboard input in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A newbie to the forum. Strange one, I have searched all over for an answer to this problem.*Sad Window 10 Pro Version 10.0.14393.187, under any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by repulseman, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Modern Apps / UI & Keyboard input

A newbie to the forum.

Strange one, I have searched all over for an answer to this problem.*Sad

Window 10 Pro Version 10.0.14393.187, under any modern app I'm unable to type any information in, this includes Cortana search field, the windows store search field, settings search field or any field that requires any user input.

I'm able to paste the text into the input line and work from that, but this requires the input to be 'built' in a text editor or notepad then pasted in, not a very fluid process.

No doubt I have missed something simple.*Confused

Any help in this matter would be appreciated.*Smile

:)

repulseman, Sep 22, 2016
  2. Stefan Blom, Sep 22, 2016
  3. Linney Win User
    Linney, Sep 22, 2016
  4. Wallboy Win User

Modern Apps / UI & Keyboard input

After hours of going through reverting my custom Windows 10 Tweaks, I isolated the problem. You need to set the TextServicesFramework Task to Enabled and then Reboot your PC and you'll be good to go!

Win+R > taskschd.msc > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > TextServicesFramework. Right click MsCtfMonitor and choose Enable. Reboot your PC.

Wallboy, Sep 28, 2016
  5. Thanx Wallboy,

You pointed me in the right direction, enable would not stay set during a re boot, but a few adjustments made to the triggers under the properties has given me back text entries.

Once again thank you *Wink

repulseman, Sep 28, 2016
  6. paulmc Win User
    So then TextServicesFramework is really keyboard input. And given that desktop applications work then there are 2 separate keyboard input handlers in Windows 10. This Windows 10 is starting to look more and more like something a bunch of college students threw together during a frat party. I'm tempted to ignore this problem and just not use "modern UI" apps. "Modern UI" is untested, bloated and really annoying. I'm sticking with desktop apps.

paulmc, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Modern Apps / UI & Keyboard input

1. Modern Apps / UI & Keyboard input - Similar Threads - Modern Apps Keyboard

2. changing modern ui font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing modern ui font: I'm using Windows 10. I want to change my system font to something other than Segoe UI. I tried some registry codes from different websites. The font in some programs like File Explorer and Control Panel was changed perfectly, but the font in start menu, notifications,...
  3. changing modern ui font

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing modern ui font: I'm using Windows 10. I want to change my system font to something other than Segoe UI. I tried some registry codes from different websites. The font in some programs like File Explorer and Control Panel was changed perfectly, but the font in start menu, notifications,...
  4. changing modern ui font

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Modern UI Apps all show "This PC" icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modern UI Apps all show "This PC" icon on taskbar: Whenever I open an app that is in the list of Modern UI Applications, its taskbar icon uses the This PC icon, not the correct icon for the app. For example the two rightmost icons in this screenshot are actually open windows for Notepad and Spotify. My Windows 11 does display...
  6. Modern UI Apps all show "This PC" icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modern UI Apps all show "This PC" icon on taskbar: Whenever I open an app that is in the list of Modern UI Applications, its taskbar icon uses the This PC icon, not the correct icon for the app. For example the two rightmost icons in this screenshot are actually open windows for Notepad and Spotify. My Windows 11 does display...
  7. Some Modern UI links do not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some Modern UI links do not work: Hello there, since a while, some links in the Modern UI Settings will not work and the the following error is shown it looks like this happens on items requiring old interface launching, such as control panel items... Tried Dism online and SFC Scannow, with no improvement...
  8. Microsoft Modern Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Modern Keyboard: I have purchased this keyboard new. It works correctly when wired to laptop. Fingerprint works correctly when wired in. If its not connected by wire doesn't work. Is fully charged, doesn't show up as a Bluetooth device, have installed latest updates. Laptop is on latest...
  9. How to add Modern UI apps to approved apps list of Controlled Folder Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to add Modern UI apps to approved apps list of Controlled Folder Access: Hi, I have problem with Controlled Folder Access, which won't let me to save files from almost any app. So I added my apps manually, but it don't work for Office Mobile apps on Windows, since I don't know the location of executable files. I can't use full Office - I have...
  10. How to change the boot UI back to modern

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to change the boot UI back to modern: I installed windows 7 as a dual boot with windows 10 (as I was having some compatibility problems with some programs) but now the boot UI has gone back to the old black text based UI. I was just wondering is there a way to get the modern blue boot UI back? Thanks...