Windows 10: Modern Design and Evolution: Windows 9 Concept Mixes the Desktop and the Metro UI

Discus and support Modern Design and Evolution: Windows 9 Concept Mixes the Desktop and the Metro UI in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 8 was pretty much a flop, Windows 8.1 fixed a few issues but still fails to impress, so it’s no surprise that all eyes are on the upcoming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Achilles1600, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Modern Design and Evolution: Windows 9 Concept Mixes the Desktop and the Metro UI

More

Achilles1600, Jul 8, 2009

2. As an owner of Microsoft stock, I really do hope Windows 9 meets all expectations. *Biggrin

:)

Markthebandit, Nov 19, 2008
  3. Winows Phone 8.1

I would read more than the first few lines if there were paragraphs. Please.

Also, Apple (and Google, and nearly everyone else) had their recent designs inspired by Microsoft. Microsoft's Metro UI started the current trend of design. So everyone is taking inspiration Microsoft's modern design.

maliksialkotii---01, Nov 19, 2008
  4. Wile E Win User

Modern Design and Evolution: Windows 9 Concept Mixes the Desktop and the Metro UI

Wile E, Nov 19, 2008
  5. xubidoo Win User
    I used to be one until I put my hands on a copy Windows 8.

xubidoo, Nov 19, 2008
  6. NinkobEi Win User
    As long as MS continues to generate a huge cash flow and pays a decent dividend, I'll stay a loyal shareholder.

NinkobEi, Nov 19, 2008
  7. Yep a good time to get out while the stock is on a high.

sneekypeet, Nov 19, 2008
  8. Asylum Win User

Modern Design and Evolution: Windows 9 Concept Mixes the Desktop and the Metro UI

Oh, boy another MS is gong to fail article. . .whatever. . .*Roflmao2

Asylum, Nov 19, 2008
  9. Solaris17 Win User
    “Windows 9 will be the OS to redeem Microsoft for ignoring user feedback.”

Not unless M$ gets over the mistaken idea that a desktop GUI and a tablet GUI can be combined.

Solaris17, Nov 19, 2008
  10. Why can't they be. . .*Smile

sneekypeet, Nov 19, 2008
  11. Solaris17 Win User
    Jack of all trades Master of none.

Solaris17, Nov 19, 2008
  12. SkyKast Win User
    H'mmm. That sounds a lot like me. Maybe MSFT and I have something in common after all. *Biggrin

SkyKast, Nov 19, 2008
  13. Wile E Win User

Me too.

Wile E, Nov 19, 2008
  14. Polarman Win User
    Still doesn't answer the question. . .

Polarman, Nov 19, 2008
  15. SkyKast Win User
    Win8.X is trying to be master of at least 4 different devices with different capeablites at the same time never will happen in a hundred lifetimes.

SkyKast, Nov 19, 2008
Thema:

1. Modern Design and Evolution: Windows 9 Concept Mixes the Desktop and the Metro UI - Similar Threads - Modern Design Evolution

2. UI/UX Design

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UI/UX Design: Hi Guys, I'm a newbie here and don't know either this is a right forum to post or not. Admin you can remove my post if it is against any rule. Well, I'm working on a web project and for this I need ui/ux design services providing team. As ui/ux team works alongside the...
  3. UI/UX Design

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UI/UX Design: Hi Guys, I'm a newbie here and don't know either this is a right forum to post or not. Admin you can remove my post if it is against any rule. Well, I'm working on a web project and for this I need ui/ux design services providing team. As ui/ux team works alongside the...
  4. Windows 10 Design Concept.......come on Microsoft

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Design Concept.......come on Microsoft: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLib5QX9qMw&t=15s This video is a concept created for the purposes of visualising how Windows 10 could be changed in a future update.This is NOT an actual software.I am not affiliated with Microsoft.Microsoft confirms there will be no...
  5. Metro style UI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Metro style UI: New metro style UI is a big mistake and true piece of sh**t. Please kill it with fire. Pls send this message to Satya Nadella and Bill Gates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/metro-style-ui/323057de-38a5-487a-8ec6-d9435696b1ff
  6. storage location for modern/metro apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    storage location for modern/metro apps: where is the folder in which they are installed by default? what is the folder called? 9488
  7. Windows 9 Start Menu Concept

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 9 Start Menu Concept: So from what it sounds like, Windows 9 is going to mark the return of the Start menu. So tonight, I've been trying to imagine what a Start menu in Windows 9 might perhaps look like. Here's the concept I came up with: [img] What do you guys think? 1520
  8. Nothing in Metro UI Works

in Windows 10 Support
    Nothing in Metro UI Works: Hi all Recently I started having a problem where after my computer is on for awhile, nothing that operates in the Metro UI will open or function at all. This includes the Start menu, any Windows 10 apps including Settings, Task View, the alt-tab interface, etc. I also...
  9. Windows 9 - both Metro and Desktop working together

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 9 - both Metro and Desktop working together: Hi there Seems fairly obvious to me that there are people out there who want the desktop while others like the idea of what metro can theoretically bring to the table -- although I think most would like these apps to be available in re-sizeable windows too rather than in...
  10. Modern design at Microsoft

in Windows 10 News
    Modern design at Microsoft: Modern design at Microsoft Going beyond flat design by Steve Clayton Read more here and see the concepts behind the designs. Modern Design at Microsoft