Modern Design and Evolution: Windows 9 Concept Mixes the Desktop and the Metro UI

Discus and support Modern Design and Evolution: Windows 9 Concept Mixes the Desktop and the Metro UI in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Windows 8 was pretty much a flop, Windows 8.1 fixed a few issues but still fails to impress, so it’s no surprise that all eyes are on the upcoming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Achilles1600, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Achilles1600 Win User

More

Achilles1600, Jul 8, 2009
  2. Markthebandit Win User

As an owner of Microsoft stock, I really do hope Windows 9 meets all expectations. *Biggrin

:)

Markthebandit, Nov 19, 2008
  3. maliksialkotii---01 Win User
    Winows Phone 8.1

I would read more than the first few lines if there were paragraphs. Please.

Also, Apple (and Google, and nearly everyone else) had their recent designs inspired by Microsoft. Microsoft's Metro UI started the current trend of design. So everyone is taking inspiration Microsoft's modern design.

maliksialkotii---01, Nov 19, 2008
  4. Wile E Win User

Modern Design and Evolution: Windows 9 Concept Mixes the Desktop and the Metro UI

Wile E, Nov 19, 2008
  5. xubidoo Win User
    I used to be one until I put my hands on a copy Windows 8.

xubidoo, Nov 19, 2008
  6. NinkobEi Win User
    As long as MS continues to generate a huge cash flow and pays a decent dividend, I'll stay a loyal shareholder.

NinkobEi, Nov 19, 2008
  7. sneekypeet Win User
    Yep a good time to get out while the stock is on a high.

sneekypeet, Nov 19, 2008
  8. Asylum Win User

Oh, boy another MS is gong to fail article. . .whatever. . .*Roflmao2

Asylum, Nov 19, 2008
  9. Solaris17 Win User
    “Windows 9 will be the OS to redeem Microsoft for ignoring user feedback.”

Not unless M$ gets over the mistaken idea that a desktop GUI and a tablet GUI can be combined.

Solaris17, Nov 19, 2008
  10. sneekypeet Win User
    Why can't they be. . .*Smile

sneekypeet, Nov 19, 2008
  11. Solaris17 Win User
    Jack of all trades Master of none.

Solaris17, Nov 19, 2008
  12. SkyKast Win User
    H'mmm. That sounds a lot like me. Maybe MSFT and I have something in common after all. *Biggrin

SkyKast, Nov 19, 2008
  13. Wile E Win User

Me too.

Wile E, Nov 19, 2008
  14. Polarman Win User
    Still doesn't answer the question. . .

Polarman, Nov 19, 2008
  15. SkyKast Win User
    Win8.X is trying to be master of at least 4 different devices with different capeablites at the same time never will happen in a hundred lifetimes.

SkyKast, Nov 19, 2008
Thema:

Modern Design and Evolution: Windows 9 Concept Mixes the Desktop and the Metro UI - Similar Threads - Modern Design Evolution

1. Bringing modern WebView to .NET WinForms and WPF Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Bringing modern WebView to .NET WinForms and WPF Apps in Windows 10: One of the founding principles of Microsoft Edge is that it is evergreen, with automatic updates to Windows 10 continually refreshing both Microsoft Edge itself and web content throughout Windows 10. However, until recently, WinForms and WPF apps didn’t have access to the...
  2. Modernizing applications for our multi-sense, multi device world

in Windows 10 News
    Modernizing applications for our multi-sense, multi device world: Tomorrow at Build 2018, Joe Belfiore and I will have the privilege of sharing with you some of the advancements in Microsoft 365 that are focused on multi-sense and multi-device experiences. Microsoft 365 allows developers to drive more productivity and engagement...
  3. Preventing access to modern app

in Windows 10 News
    Preventing access to modern app: Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be...
  4. New to Microsoft 365 in April - tools for the modern workplace

in Windows 10 News
    New to Microsoft 365 in April - tools for the modern workplace: This month, we’re kicking off a new approach and moving from our monthly “What’s new in Office 365” blog to “What’s new in Microsoft 365.” We’re also consolidating updates from across Office 365, Windows 10, and Enterprise Mobility + Security on the new Microsoft 365 site....
  5. Modern design at Microsoft

in Windows 10 News
    Modern design at Microsoft: Modern design at Microsoft Going beyond flat design by Steve Clayton Read more here and see the concepts behind the designs. Modern Design at Microsoft
  6. Fujitsu and Microsoft advancing security in modern workplace

in Windows 10 News
    Fujitsu and Microsoft advancing security in modern workplace: The business world is quickly evolving to a place where many employees work remotely. The benefits of working remote are numerous, yet with this transition comes potential security risks. To better protect and secure a mobile workforce, Fujitsu has teamed with Microsoft to...
  7. Securing modern workplace with Microsoft 365 threat protection -part 1

in Windows 10 News
    Securing modern workplace with Microsoft 365 threat protection -part 1: The roots of Microsoft 365 threat protection Over the next few weeks, we’ll introduce you to Microsoft 365’s threat protection services and demonstrate how Microsoft 365’s threat protection leverages strength of signal, integration, machine learning and AI to help secure...
Modern Design and Evolution: Windows 9 Concept Mixes the Desktop and the Metro UI solved