Windows 10: Modern Design and Evolution: Windows 9 Concept Mixes the Desktop and the Metro UI

Discus and support Modern Design and Evolution: Windows 9 Concept Mixes the Desktop and the Metro UI in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Jack of all trades Master of none. Prexactly! Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Achilles1600, Jul 8, 2009.

1. R9
    r9 Win User

Modern Design and Evolution: Windows 9 Concept Mixes the Desktop and the Metro UI

Prexactly!

2. SkyKast Win User

It will happen whether some of us want to or not. Microsoft has chosen to move in this direction, and probably won't stop until they have the OS that will work across all platform. It really doesn't matter what you or I want it is what Microsoft wants to do thus the reason they have been pushing forward regardless of what the computing elite want. . .sad to say but that is just what is happening. The same thing happened in the Apple camp at the turn of this century when they came out with OS X. Mac user like myself thought that Apple was trying to force feed us this new OS regardless of how we user felt, thus when you look at where it is today it makes you wonder why people were always whining about the new OS. . .Just human nature. . .*Smile

SkyKast, Nov 19, 2008
  3. niko084 Win User
    And this is also my point about Windows.
    Windows 8 is a step up and a step back from Win7.
    It's not a horrible OS, and quite user friendly over Desktop/Laptop and Tablet (Surface Pro)
    The concepts that are a part of that article, are a better step in the right direction.

The biggest problem is, MS made too big a change with Win8. Again, not a bad change, cause it works perfectly fine on every PC I have. I think we will see some UI changes, and that is good, cause I would not have split the start screen like it is. But, again, that doesn't make the Win8 decision a bad one.

The biggest complaint I see about Win8 and no other complaints about Win8, is the melding of Tablet and Desktop. That's it.
    If that is all people have to harp on about Win8, I would say it's pretty dang successful.
    If people took the time to actually learn how to use it, instead of going off the deep end about Touch capabilities on Laptop and Desktop that don't have touch, Win8 would be even more successful.

Sorry, but I say it's a pretty petty argument from that side of the camp. Especially when they take zero to very little time to actually learn how to use it properly.

niko084, Nov 19, 2008
  4. SkyKast Win User

Modern Design and Evolution: Windows 9 Concept Mixes the Desktop and the Metro UI

I'm quit happy with the improvements that 8.1 brought to 8.0. So much so that its replaced 7 on all my PC's (2 desktops and one laptop). As far as the main Metro screen goes I don't get the touch interface complaints? It's no different than having Icons on your desktop. Other than the appearance that is. I will concede that the hot corners and edge swipes could be an issue with a keyboard mouse. I have edge swipes turned off and only use the hot corners. Its not very often that I need the charms bar anyway. I have simple needs and I'm not a heavy multitasker though. Being able to pin Metro Apps to the taskbar is something I'd use. Not having to open Metro to launch an app works for me. Making Metro Windows resizable instead of locked full screen sounds good too. That would make my taskbar visible on the monitor I run metro on and show me what's running on that monitor including any minimized Metro apps. All pluses in my book.

SkyKast, Nov 19, 2008
Thema:

1. Modern Design and Evolution: Windows 9 Concept Mixes the Desktop and the Metro UI - Similar Threads - Modern Design Evolution

2. UI/UX Design

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UI/UX Design: Hi Guys, I'm a newbie here and don't know either this is a right forum to post or not. Admin you can remove my post if it is against any rule. Well, I'm working on a web project and for this I need ui/ux design services providing team. As ui/ux team works alongside the...
  3. UI/UX Design

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UI/UX Design: Hi Guys, I'm a newbie here and don't know either this is a right forum to post or not. Admin you can remove my post if it is against any rule. Well, I'm working on a web project and for this I need ui/ux design services providing team. As ui/ux team works alongside the...
  4. Windows 10 Design Concept.......come on Microsoft

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Design Concept.......come on Microsoft: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLib5QX9qMw&t=15s This video is a concept created for the purposes of visualising how Windows 10 could be changed in a future update.This is NOT an actual software.I am not affiliated with Microsoft.Microsoft confirms there will be no...
  5. Metro style UI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Metro style UI: New metro style UI is a big mistake and true piece of sh**t. Please kill it with fire. Pls send this message to Satya Nadella and Bill Gates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/metro-style-ui/323057de-38a5-487a-8ec6-d9435696b1ff
  6. storage location for modern/metro apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    storage location for modern/metro apps: where is the folder in which they are installed by default? what is the folder called? 9488
  7. Windows 9 Start Menu Concept

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 9 Start Menu Concept: So from what it sounds like, Windows 9 is going to mark the return of the Start menu. So tonight, I've been trying to imagine what a Start menu in Windows 9 might perhaps look like. Here's the concept I came up with: [img] What do you guys think? 1520
  8. Nothing in Metro UI Works

in Windows 10 Support
    Nothing in Metro UI Works: Hi all Recently I started having a problem where after my computer is on for awhile, nothing that operates in the Metro UI will open or function at all. This includes the Start menu, any Windows 10 apps including Settings, Task View, the alt-tab interface, etc. I also...
  9. Windows 9 - both Metro and Desktop working together

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 9 - both Metro and Desktop working together: Hi there Seems fairly obvious to me that there are people out there who want the desktop while others like the idea of what metro can theoretically bring to the table -- although I think most would like these apps to be available in re-sizeable windows too rather than in...
  10. Modern design at Microsoft

in Windows 10 News
    Modern design at Microsoft: Modern design at Microsoft Going beyond flat design by Steve Clayton Read more here and see the concepts behind the designs. Modern Design at Microsoft