Windows 10: Modern IE Launcher

Discus and support Modern IE Launcher in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I made the simple app to launch the Modern IE in Windows 10. it ou allows you to launch the modern version of Internet Explorer in Windows 10 which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hb860, Oct 1, 2014.

1. hb860 Win User

Modern IE Launcher

I made the simple app to launch the Modern IE in Windows 10.
    it ou allows you to launch the modern version of Internet Explorer in Windows 10 which is disabled in Technical Preview of Windows 10 by default.
    Unzip and run the ModernIE.exe file to launch the touch friendly IE.

Modern IE Launcher [​IMG]

You can pin it to the taskbar, to the Start menu or to the Start screen - as you wish.

Modern IE Launcher [​IMG]

It is based on the "option two" from this article: Get modern Internet Explorer back in Windows 10 and uses the code from the "AdamUCF"'s PS script.

Download the launcher

To admin: what about "free developer apps" subthread? I plan to code for Windows 10 *Smile

:)

hb860, Oct 1, 2014

2. launcher

I don't believe that you'll get an official response for that but some of the reasons that I can think of are

1) Every launcher uses ram memory, as a result in a low-end device a launcher might use a lot of memory making the phone slow and then someone like you would post "why is my phone so slow"

2) Windows Phone are based on the Modern UI and there's no intention to change this.

If you want launchers maybe you should switch to android.

Dimitris Batsougiannis, Oct 1, 2014
  3. Task Launcher

The Task Launcher is a feature of Microsoft Works which Microsoft no longer develops.

If you are running a modern version of Word, such as Microsoft Word 2010 or later, the Home Screen shows all the available templates.

Featured Templates for Word - Templates - Office.com

Andre Da Costa, Oct 1, 2014
  4. CountMike New Member

Modern IE Launcher

Who would not like FREEWARE ???

CountMike, Oct 2, 2014
Thema:

Modern IE Launcher

1. Modern IE Launcher - Similar Threads - Modern Launcher

2. Third-party developer shows off a modern File Explorer for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Third-party developer shows off a modern File Explorer for Windows 10: Since the release of Windows 8 in 2012, Microsoft has been trying to make Windows more modern and flexible. In comparison to the older versions of the desktop operating system, Windows 10 offers a modern look and feel. The modern appearance can be seen when comparing UWP apps...
  3. Updating windows/low disk space/Modern setup host

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Updating windows/low disk space/Modern setup host: I have an ASUS notebook. It has 28GB only. I had trouble previously updating Windows 10 because there wasn't enough disk space. I contacted Microsoft who cleared space, but not enough for the update. They suggested downloading the ISO file to my sd card and installing and...
  4. Video issues on Modern Combat 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video issues on Modern Combat 5: I have a ASUS E203MA-TBCL432B notebook PC and every time I play it after a while my screen gets distorted and at times turns black or white with grey lines, etc. When this happens I minimize the game and open then I see it again but it happens again and again. Even if I close...
  5. Windows Modern Apps crash, can't install from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Modern Apps crash, can't install from Microsoft Store: I have been having an issue with Modern Apps (i.e. Photos, Calculator, Weather, and the one that I am the most bothered by, Mixed Reality Portal). When I open them they immediately close, sometimes I see the window appear on the screen briefly but no error messages and no...
  6. Windows 10 IoT as modern migration path for dedicated devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 IoT as modern migration path for dedicated devices: Windows has long been a leader in powering dedicated devices. Many of the ATMs, cash registers, and airport kiosks around the world run Windows Embedded 7. That operating system is based on Windows 7, whose support is ending on January 14, 2020, which Brad Anderson talks...
  7. Shift to a modern desktop with Microsoft 365

in Windows 10 News
    Shift to a modern desktop with Microsoft 365: At the outset of 2019, we all have personal goals, but most of us also have professional goals for the year ahead. For those of us in IT, this is a time to think about how you deliver the modern, empowering workplace for your business in a cloud-connected world. With...
  8. Having trouble with Empires: Dawn of the Modern World crashing after hitting play in the in...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Having trouble with Empires: Dawn of the Modern World crashing after hitting play in the in...: So im running windows 10 and i just downloaded Empires dawn of the modern world from a disk. originally i could get the menu up and i could hit play but it would crash immediately. I have run the compatibility tester, changed the settings for 1. reduced color mode 2. run in...
  9. modern combat 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    modern combat 5: Hi just recently i tried using an xbox 360 controller but it worked really badly, the movements were way to slow. i must have fiddeld around with the settings and now when i am using a computer mouse the camera/screen is moving way to fast. thanks...
  10. Change "Modern" context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change "Modern" context menu: Hi, as you might have noticed, windows 10 has 2 different looks for the context menu, the usual one you see rightclicking on files and most applications, and a new terribly horrifying and pointlessly spacetaking modern one which appears rightclicking on the taskbar, on edge...