Windows 10: Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID does not connect to Bluetooth

Discus and support Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID does not connect to Bluetooth in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My modern keyboard with fingerprint ID does not connect to the bluetooth. When connected via the USB it shows "USB Keyboard with Fingerprint ID" in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AttirKhalid, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID does not connect to Bluetooth

My modern keyboard with fingerprint ID does not connect to the bluetooth. When connected via the USB it shows "USB Keyboard with Fingerprint ID" in the bluetooth list but says "Driver is unavailable" under that. I tried downloading the driver ("KeyboardwithFingerprintIDInstaller_32bit_ENG_1.0.162") and when going through the installation it says "Installation Failed". I have also checked and have Windows 10 (Build 10.0.16299) and my laptop is Bluetooth 4.0 enabled.

:)

AttirKhalid, Feb 24, 2019
  2. helloken Win User

Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID Bluetooth Problem

Hello,

I bought a microsoft modern keyboard with fingerprint id few days ago, but it cannot build a bluetooth connection with my computers. I also own a Surface mouse, and it works properly, so I am quite sure that my computers have no problem.

I tried all the trouble shooting steps on the help page (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...eshooting-modern-keyboard-with-fingerprint-id), but the problem persists.

Can anyone help me?

helloken, Feb 24, 2019
  3. SIGIT8 Win User
    Not possible to set up Windows Hello Fingerprint with Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID

Hi,

I can't set up Windows Hello Fingerprint with my Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID.

Windows Hello is configured well and works with Face Recognition but unfortunately not with Fingerprint.

The Fingerprint "Set up" button is greyed out.

I did some research and found several articles with a similar issue (not exactly with the Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID).

The solution was always to reinstall the biometric driver or to install the newest available driver.

I uninstall my biometric driver and also downloaded and installed the newest driver for Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID (KeyboardwithFingerprintIDInstaller_64bit_ENG_1.0.162 / https://www.microsoft.com/accessori...eyboard-with-fingerprint-id#techspecs-connect)
    but this doesn't solved my problem, the Fingerprint "Set up" button is still greyed out.

I also tried all of this steps mentioned in this article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4036292

Don't helped me either.

The biometric driver name is:

"Keyboard Bluetooth Fingerprint Sensor"

Obviously there is something going on, because when I uninstall the driver, I don't have anymore the Fingerprint section. Reinstall the driver the Fingerprint section is available again but as I mentioned it's greyed out.

Is there maybe a pending update of this driver for the Windows 10 (1809)?

Did I missed something?

Windows Version:

Windows 10 (1809)

Device:

Surface Pro (5th generation)

Thanks in advance for your help.

SIGIT8, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID does not connect to Bluetooth

Sasqui, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID does not connect to Bluetooth

1. Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID does not connect to Bluetooth - Similar Threads - Modern Keyboard Fingerprint

2. Microsoft modern keyboard with fingerprint ID not connecting via USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft modern keyboard with fingerprint ID not connecting via USB: Hello,I have a new Microsoft Modern Keyboard with fingerprint ID - Model NO.:1780 - It's new from deadstock I guess, and never was opened.I try it to connect with the USB cable to multiple computers, but none of them recognize it.I tried it with another cable, but still...
  3. Microsoft modern keyboard with fingerprint ID not connecting via USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft modern keyboard with fingerprint ID not connecting via USB: Hello,I have a new Microsoft Modern Keyboard with fingerprint ID - Model NO.:1780 - It's new from deadstock I guess, and never was opened.I try it to connect with the USB cable to multiple computers, but none of them recognize it.I tried it with another cable, but still...
  4. Microsoft modern keyboard with fingerprint ID not connecting via USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microsoft Bluetooth Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID will not pair

Microsoft Bluetooth Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID will not pair: I can't get this to pair. I've followed all of the steps provided by Microsoft, installed the software manually, and even reset my PC. The keyboard works and is detected as a 'USB keyboard with Fingerprint ID', but does not work wirelessly. I'm using the original USB...
  6. Microsoft Modern Keyboard Fingerprint connecting after pairing

Microsoft Modern Keyboard Fingerprint connecting after pairing: I use the Microsoft Modern Keyboard with fingerprint ID on two Bluetooth laptops. Both laptops are Windows 10 SAAS. Pairing works fine on both computers. But when I shut down one computer and want to use it on the other, the keyboard does not connect to the second one. The...
  7. Unable to pair / reconnect my Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID

Unable to pair / reconnect my Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID: I've had a "Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID" for about several months with Windows 10. The keyboard had been working fine. Recently, however, I noticed that the keyboard started losing connection to my PC and not restoring it until I rebooted. In the Bluetooth...
  8. Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID - Disable the FN-Key

Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID - Disable the FN-Key: Hello Everyone, I bought the Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID. So far the Keyboard works great. But i would like to know if there is a way to toggle the FN-Key always on. So that f1-f12 works directly. I have searched the web for some tipps but nothing...
  9. Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID Not Charging

Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID Not Charging: Hi, all. So I have this weird issue. Even if I leave my keyboard plugged in, it never goes above 90% charge, and will fall, while plugged in, to below 80% sometimes. I have tried plugging it into USB ports, we well as USB charging stations, with no change. If I unplug it,...
  10. Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID (EKZ-00002) - Bluetooth not working

Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID (EKZ-00002) - Bluetooth not working: Hello Microsoft community. I recently bought the Microsoft modern mouse and modern keyboard to have a nice simple aesthetic setup. The Microsoft Modern Mouse has Bluetooth 4.0 capability and connects to my computer without any problems. The keyboard on the other hand not so...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to connect modern keyboard to bluetooth

2. microsoft fingerprint keyboard not connecting

3. Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID wont connect USB

4. microsoft fingerprint keyboard bluetooth not connecting