Windows 10: Modern PrintDialogue crashing. Window with printer logo appears and closes immediately.

Discus and support Modern PrintDialogue crashing. Window with printer logo appears and closes immediately. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Greetings, After updating several Windows 10 PCs in our company to 1903, some (not all) computers have issues opening the modern Print Dialogue. If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ArminatorX, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Modern PrintDialogue crashing. Window with printer logo appears and closes immediately.

Greetings,

After updating several Windows 10 PCs in our company to 1903, some (not all) computers have issues opening the modern Print Dialogue. If you try to print from a modern App, the PrintDialogue window pops up with the printer icon, and immediately closes.

The Event log logs this:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: PrintDialog.exe, Version: 10.0.18362.1, Zeitstempel: 0xb40b5d8f

Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, Version: 10.0.18362.145, Zeitstempel: 0x4ad4b406

Ausnahmecode: 0xc000027b

Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000712720

ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1c68

Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d52bfa7fe87ea0

Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\WINDOWS\PrintDialog\PrintDialog.exe

Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll

Berichtskennung: 947857cc-2de4-4e7a-847b-08b44b07b8a4

Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: Windows.PrintDialog_6.2.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: Microsoft.Windows.PrintDialog

In the past, I had other modern Apps fail in the same manner (opening the splash screen and immediately closing).

This was usually resolved by using the PowerShell command "Add-AppxPackage -register <Path to AppxManifest.xml> -DisableDevelopmentMode"

However, this usually was for actual apps like the Edge Browser.

The PrintDialogue doesn't seem to have such an AppxManifest.xml, and I don't know how to get it to work again.

I already ran SFC and DISM on the affected machines, and everything seems to be in order.

Additionally, if the user prints from "regular" Win32 programs (like Adobe Acrobat) the print dialogue works.

So how can I coax the PrintDialogue to work again without having to reinstall the whole OS?

:)

ArminatorX, Jun 27, 2019
  2. Garak Win User

"Modern" Apps Open and Then Immediately Close

I have a newer Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10 pre-installed. And twice now, it reaches a point where modern apps will open and then immediately close. The last time this happened, I did a System Restore from the last update, which I didn't want to do but
    it fixed it. I don't want to have to do that again.

I've rebooted to no avail. I've tried WSRESET but I get the error ms-windows-storePurgeCaches File System Error (-1058340861)

I thought the last cumulative update was to fix this.

Any suggestions?

Garak, Jun 27, 2019
  3. "Modern" Apps Open and Then Immediately Close

On another board, the same issue was raised.

The suggestion was to log-in with your Microsoft account password, instead of your PIN.

This seems to have resolved an issue with synching with live.com for Weather, Mail, Calendar, and People. Apparently, these Modern apps will crash out when their synch fails.

I'd be interested to see if others have the same success.

Gerry Stoloff, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Modern PrintDialogue crashing. Window with printer logo appears and closes immediately.

Upgraded to Windows 10, Xbox app opens and immediately closes

Hi,

• Are you facing the same issues with other app also?

The Modern app troubleshooter can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and the Store.

I would suggest you to refer the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app

Thank You.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Modern PrintDialogue crashing. Window with printer logo appears and closes immediately.

1. Modern PrintDialogue crashing. Window with printer logo appears and closes immediately. - Similar Threads - Modern PrintDialogue crashing

2. Snippet Tool Printer Dialog Opens then immediately closes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snippet Tool Printer Dialog Opens then immediately closes: Printing dialog shows up on every other mode of initiating a print. But when you have just done a snippet and you click the 3 dots in the top right, hit print or just hitting control p.The print dialog shows up for 1 second then immediately closes and doesn’t start printing....
  3. Snippet Tool Printer Dialog Opens then immediately closes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snippet Tool Printer Dialog Opens then immediately closes: Printing dialog shows up on every other mode of initiating a print. But when you have just done a snippet and you click the 3 dots in the top right, hit print or just hitting control p.The print dialog shows up for 1 second then immediately closes and doesn’t start printing....
  4. Immediate closing of Windows Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Immediate closing of Windows Explorer.: When I try to open Windows Explorer running Windows 10 the file opens for a few seconds and then closes. I have turned off / on with and without unplugging everything. I have run sfc/scannow . The computer is a couple of years old and I have not had any problems like this...
  5. Immediate closing of Windows Explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Immediate closing of Windows Explorer.: When I try to open Windows Explorer running Windows 10 the file opens for a few seconds and then closes. I have turned off / on with and without unplugging everything. I have run sfc/scannow . The computer is a couple of years old and I have not had any problems like this...
  6. Immediate closing of Windows Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Apps closing immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps closing immediately: I'm having an issue where some apps are opening, then closing down immediately. The mouse changes to the "thinking" mode, the app never appears, then seems to close down. So the screen of the program never really shows up. This happens under both Admin and User accounts....
  8. PowerShell closes immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PowerShell closes immediately: I am simply trying to open PowerShell and the application closes instantly. This happens when I try opening it as an Admin. I tried input command 'powershell /' on command prompt in admin mode. it gives me an error: The shell cannot be started. A failure occurred during...
  9. 'Add a printer' dialog crashes immediately

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    'Add a printer' dialog crashes immediately: If I click 'Add a printer' in Control Panel, a window flashes on the screen then immediately closes. If I click 'Add a printer or scanner' from the Settings application, the application hangs for a moment then crashes. I have tried this fix here: Upgrade to Windows 10...
  10. Immediate closing of threads

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Immediate closing of threads: How come when so many of us are having problems with the updates causing major problems with our pc's, and we come and try to resolve it, we get the stock answer of how to stay updated, then the thread closes. Maybe someone out there has a solution to the problem, and you are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0xc000027b print dialog

2. 0xc000027b printdialog