Windows 10: Modern setup host is lagging my pc what do i do

Discus and support Modern setup host is lagging my pc what do i do in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Modern setup host is lagging my pc what do i do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by stumplee55, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Modern setup host is lagging my pc what do i do

Modern setup host is lagging my pc what do i do

:)

stumplee55, Aug 12, 2019
  2. Louie Del Win User

Modern setup host

Hi Hermie,

Regarding your concern with the deleted Modern Setup Host file, we’d like to ask the following questions so we can isolate it at the same time:

• What particular action that you’re trying to perform at the time that it was accidentally deleted.?
    • May we know where and how it was deleted on your computer?
    • Were you able to check if the deleted file can be found in the
      Recycle bin?

As an initial step, we suggest that perform a DISM command. This will help repairing possible system file corruptions. Follow these steps:

• Type command in the search box.
    • Right-click on the result and select Run as administrator.
    • Type this command: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    • Press Enter.
    • Close the Command Prompt windows and check if changes were made related to the Modern Setup Host file.

We'll wait for your update after trying the steps.

Louie Del, Aug 12, 2019
  3. modern setup host

What is modern setup host? My hard drive has been running 100% active for over a half half hour and it is because of Modern Setup Host.

<Moved from Windows Insider Program / Windows Insider Preview / Install, upgrade, and activate / PC>

DaleStarkey1, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Modern Setup Host

Hi Benjamin,

If you recently installed or updated your Windows 10, the Modern Setup Host might be the process that sets up Metro apps or other features of your device. These should settle down after a few days of time. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.

Regards.

Eric Ber, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Modern setup host is lagging my pc what do i do - Similar Threads - Modern setup host

2. What is Aggregator Host and do I remove it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is Aggregator Host and do I remove it?: In the task manager I see "aggregator host"I looked it up and found nothing about it and I even looked at previous questions about it and followed the steps given by the moderators but it doesnt find anything.What the heck is aggregator host and how do I remove it?...
  3. Modern Setup Host Has Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Modern Setup Host Has Stopped Working: hi, I am kunal.while i am upgrading to windows 11 through iso then while installation suddenly this line appears "Modern Setup Host Has Stopped Working" and installation cancelled. Please help....
  4. What do I do with this PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What do I do with this PC?: I got a used pc from a family member and I don’t know the password to it any suggestions? I tried to reset the computer and it asked me for the recovery key which I don’t have. submitted by /u/NatosOfTheAkatsuki [link] [comments]...
  5. What is Modern Setup Host in Windows 10. Is it safe?

in Windows 10 News
    What is Modern Setup Host in Windows 10. Is it safe?: [ATTACH]When you notice lag or overheating on your computer, the first place you check […] This article What is Modern Setup Host in Windows 10. Is it safe? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Will Modern Setup Host ever not hog my CPU?

Will Modern Setup Host ever not hog my CPU?: Modern Setup Host is going and going. Constantly updating, day after day after day. Never stops! Just finished one, now it's at it again. Always hogging either CPU or Disk. Can I just murder it somehow? [ATTACH] Thanks!...
  7. Modern setup host is lagging my pc what do i do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Modern setup host is lagging my pc what do i do: Modern setup host is lagging my pc what do i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/modern-setup-host-is-lagging-my-pc-what-do-i-do/a90cea7b-99cd-412f-847b-50351eb9ae70
  8. dism host servicing process lagging my pc what do i do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dism host servicing process lagging my pc what do i do: Cpu spikes to 80 at times and i hate it... lol please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-host-servicing-process-lagging-my-pc-what-do/e56efe58-f9c5-4227-a03b-8d886de05482
  9. Modern Setup Host

Modern Setup Host: Hi, My task manager was saying that my disk is at 100%, so I went to find a solution to fix it. I found a article saying to go to Task Manger and 'End Task' on 'Modern Setup Host'. So I went and done this. But now my pc is not installing any windows updates or any other...
  10. Repair Install Fails - Modern Setup Host

Repair Install Fails - Modern Setup Host: It gets thru part of the set up and I'm getting an error box that says Modern Setup Host has stopped working. I give up. I was hoping a repair would keep my app and docs, but I guess that option is not working. At some point I will do a clean install, if I can, I just don't...