Windows 10: Modern UI Apps all show "This PC" icon on taskbar

Discus and support Modern UI Apps all show "This PC" icon on taskbar in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Whenever I open an app that is in the list of Modern UI Applications, its taskbar icon uses the This PC icon, not the correct icon for the app. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by UnlikelyMoniker, Dec 8, 2021.

1. Modern UI Apps all show "This PC" icon on taskbar

Whenever I open an app that is in the list of Modern UI Applications, its taskbar icon uses the This PC icon, not the correct icon for the app. For example the two rightmost icons in this screenshot are actually open windows for Notepad and Spotify. My Windows 11 does display the correct icon on the app window, on taskbar popup thumbnails and in the system tray. If I pin a Modern UI app to the taskbar, it shows the correct icon. BUT when I open the app, a second icon appears on the taskbar for the app's window and this second icon is, you've guessed it, the This PC icon. I have tried the usual

:)

UnlikelyMoniker, Dec 8, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Dec 8, 2021
  3. Windows APPS ICON NOT SHOWING PROPERLY on taskbar

It's been couple of days since I upgraded my system to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Everything is working fine except this nasty error. If I pin apps to taskbar or run apps , the app icons on the taskbar are shown as white square. And I am seeing the same thing on Apps & Feature settings list. The icons are there but as the backgrounds are shown as grey-white chequered pattern (for the transparency ), it looks like white squares. Rebuilt the icon cache but to no avail.
    Modern UI Apps all show "This PC" icon on taskbar [​IMG]

Modern UI Apps all show "This PC" icon on taskbar [​IMG]
    And on the start menu everything looks fine.

HyperionFumed, Dec 8, 2021
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Modern UI Apps all show "This PC" icon on taskbar

Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Dec 8, 2021
Thema:

Modern UI Apps all show "This PC" icon on taskbar

1. Modern UI Apps all show "This PC" icon on taskbar - Similar Threads - Modern Apps show

2. App icons not showing on taskbar and Start

in Windows 10 Customization
    App icons not showing on taskbar and Start: When I opened my computer and then BOOM! All my windows store app icons were gone from the taskbar and start even settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-icons-not-showing-on-taskbar-and-start/55cc2077-6b89-4e1c-8e9f-fd08fc6ed1cd
  3. Taskbar Not Showing Icons+Not Working at All

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Not Showing Icons+Not Working at All: I've tried every thing I can find. My windows key also does not work in any sense, I've tried everything over and over, it isn't working and when i hover my mouse over it, it shows the loading icon for the mouse. This is my last resort before I give up....
  4. Taskbar Not Showing Icons+Not Working at All

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Not Showing Icons+Not Working at All: I've tried every thing I can find. My windows key also does not work in any sense, I've tried everything over and over, it isn't working and when i hover my mouse over it, it shows the loading icon for the mouse. This is my last resort before I give up....
  5. Taskbar Not Showing Icons+Not Working at All

6. Modern UI Apps all show "This PC" icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modern UI Apps all show "This PC" icon on taskbar: Whenever I open an app that is in the list of Modern UI Applications, its taskbar icon uses the This PC icon, not the correct icon for the app. For example the two rightmost icons in this screenshot are actually open windows for Notepad and Spotify. My Windows 11 does display...
  7. Taskbar always shows all icons

Taskbar always shows all icons: Hi, I have a problem with my taskbar icons. I only want the battery indicator to always show next to the clock, without opening up all with the arrow. Like this:[ATTACH] However every time when I restart the device it automatically ticks in the "Always show all..." option....
  8. Not all icons are showing in the 'hidden icons' part of the taskbar

Not all icons are showing in the 'hidden icons' part of the taskbar: How can I get all the icons to show? There are some other icons that should be showing but they are not, there is only a solid grey bar to the right....
  9. Taskbar icons showing wrong app?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar icons showing wrong app?: My taskbar icons are suddenly showing the wrong app. This is a screenshot the taskbar with an open a PDF, it is showing the icon for Photoshop: [img] The file icons display correctly elsewhere. I've tried https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html 37980
  10. Modern Apps / UI & Keyboard input

in Windows 10 Support
    Modern Apps / UI & Keyboard input: A newbie to the forum. Strange one, I have searched all over for an answer to this problem.*Sad Window 10 Pro Version 10.0.14393.187, under any modern app I'm unable to type any information in, this includes Cortana search field, the windows store search field,...