Windows 10: Modern UI apps/services stop working after a while when logged in

Discus and support Modern UI apps/services stop working after a while when logged in in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, when I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, everything was good, except for a few problems, like, it takes too long to start up, and hibernation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lu9, Sep 19, 2015.

1. LU9
    lu9 Win User

Modern UI apps/services stop working after a while when logged in

So, when I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, everything was good, except for a few problems, like, it takes too long to start up, and hibernation doesn't work properly (after a few seconds after you attempt to restore from hibernation the loading animation starts lagging).
    I already had a few other problems in Windows 7, I think it's really just hardware stuff that I haven't done in a while
    i.e. clean and take the dust off, etc.
    But a different problem that got "carried" from 7 to 10: A never-ending "disk verification" on startup that always fails,
    thanks to some Windows Update in 7 (I don't remember which KB) that caused the disk verification on startup fail, and since then, that screen always showed up. On Windows 10, the same thing happens, except it doesn't say explicitly that it "failed", it just shows nothing.
    Alright, now after that, once logged in to the PC, everything is fine, and working, until a few hours later, or even minutes, where, suddenly, every "new" feature of w10 that was not in 7 (the modern stuff) just stops working.
    I click the start menu icon, the menu won't show up, same thing for the volume, connection, battery, date & time, and notifications icons. When disconnected from the battery cable, it would usually change the brightness, but after this happens, it doesn't. Microsoft Edge (for example) doesn't run, neither the settings. Except when I try to run the settings (I think it's called immersive control panel?) I get an error message about there not being an application associated with it, or something, I don't remember it exactly, but once this happens again I will post the message here.
    Anyone knows what's going on?

:)

2. Sanwin2 Win User

Comability problem: HP ScanJet 4600 on Windows 10 ? Fiorina back on top or an easier way?

I presume you are referring to a 'Modern' UI App?

HP and MS can keep it as far as I am concerned. VueScan is a proper desktop program.

I will have nothing to do with the toys provided in the 'Modern' UI App Store. (For one thing it means logging in to my PC using a MS account! No thanks!!!)

Sanwin2, Sep 19, 2015
  3. windows phone store not working

my phone(640 xl) is connected to my home network and none of the
    modern ui apps are working and a message is displayed that the app is
    currently not connected to a network while the internet is working fine for browsing net. when i connected my phone to a different network all the apps started working. and again when i connected to home network it stopped working. And the
    network is not proxy network. plss help. using windows phone for 2 years never experienced such a problem. bought a new phone and i started experiencing this. can't get my old apps from the store.

any solution?

AkhileshJagtap, Sep 19, 2015
Thema:

Modern UI apps/services stop working after a while when logged in

1. Modern UI apps/services stop working after a while when logged in - Similar Threads - Modern apps services

2. changing modern ui font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing modern ui font: I'm using Windows 10. I want to change my system font to something other than Segoe UI. I tried some registry codes from different websites. The font in some programs like File Explorer and Control Panel was changed perfectly, but the font in start menu, notifications,...
  3. changing modern ui font

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing modern ui font: I'm using Windows 10. I want to change my system font to something other than Segoe UI. I tried some registry codes from different websites. The font in some programs like File Explorer and Control Panel was changed perfectly, but the font in start menu, notifications,...
  4. changing modern ui font

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Modern UI Apps all show "This PC" icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modern UI Apps all show "This PC" icon on taskbar: Whenever I open an app that is in the list of Modern UI Applications, its taskbar icon uses the This PC icon, not the correct icon for the app. For example the two rightmost icons in this screenshot are actually open windows for Notepad and Spotify. My Windows 11 does display...
  6. Modern UI Apps all show "This PC" icon on taskbar

Modern UI Apps all show "This PC" icon on taskbar: Whenever I open an app that is in the list of Modern UI Applications, its taskbar icon uses the This PC icon, not the correct icon for the app. For example the two rightmost icons in this screenshot are actually open windows for Notepad and Spotify. My Windows 11 does display...
  7. Some Modern UI links do not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some Modern UI links do not work: Hello there, since a while, some links in the Modern UI Settings will not work and the the following error is shown it looks like this happens on items requiring old interface launching, such as control panel items... Tried Dism online and SFC Scannow, with no improvement...
  8. Pandora Modern App stopped working after malware treatment

Pandora Modern App stopped working after malware treatment: So, I ran a bunch of programs to remove some Malware I had been having problems with (e.g. MalwareBytes, etc.) And the Pandora Modern app stopped working. It opens and I can log in, but it won't play any music. The cover art for the stations and songs it tries to play won't...
  9. Modern apps after sysprep does not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Modern apps after sysprep does not work: Hello. I install Windows to vhdx in hyper-v. I make two users, make some updates and install some apps. I make sysprep and copy vhdx to another PC and boot from this. After this, start menu does not work. i can not tun no modern apps, and Notifications panel does not works...
  10. Modern Apps / UI & Keyboard input

in Windows 10 Support
    Modern Apps / UI & Keyboard input: A newbie to the forum. Strange one, I have searched all over for an answer to this problem.*Sad Window 10 Pro Version 10.0.14393.187, under any modern app I'm unable to type any information in, this includes Cortana search field, the windows store search field,...