Windows 10: Modern Warfare 2 and 3 dont start

Discus and support Modern Warfare 2 and 3 dont start in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Try to run in Windowed Mode (no border) *Smile Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by lugano, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Vladimir Win User

Modern Warfare 2 and 3 dont start

Try to run in Windowed Mode (no border)

*Smile

Vladimir, May 5, 2015

2. I've had very good luck with Gaming and Windows 10 so far, but after the latest preview build (14251.rs1) Modern Warfare 3 quit working. I am now getting the error: "iw5sp.exe failed to load - do you want to debug..." which is the MW3 single-player campaign.

Doing some internet research, I see others had this problem years ago and it was fixed by re-installing Directx 9.0C. Win 10 won't allow the installation of the old DX software. I haven't tried searching for a DX SDK for 9 yet, but that may help. I also tried running single player after deleting the multi-player entry in Steam, but that didn't help either.

What I'm wondering is that MS may have changed the built-in DirectX with the latest preview build (because up to this point this game has worked fine). Not sure if anyone else has tried running this game lately.

There is also another possibility that it may have been affected by the latest NVidia driver as well. Win 10 preview 14251.rs1 and NVidia driver 361.75 are the only major software changes that I've made in a while.

Spidey1976, Feb 2, 2016
  3. TairikuOkami, Feb 2, 2016
  4. Modern Warfare 2 and 3 dont start

Not yet. I'm at work now, so I can't try it and ran out of time last night. That was going to be my next step. I was really curious what may have broke it... the latest NVidia driver, or the latest preview build.

Spidey1976, Feb 2, 2016
  5. Greenguru Win User
    How do you get the Nat Open on mw2??, and to stay open.
    when I disable the Ethernet and let the steam tell me offline and then trouble shoot the connection and restart mw2 it opens the Nat from strict. after many trys, I was wondering if theirs a easier way to OPEN NAT Thanks GG
    build 14257

Greenguru, Feb 25, 2016
  6. Dude Win User
  7. - hey, just as an aside, I was having problems with a few games, including MW3 and ME3, they would begin to start and then just blank-out. I discovered that it was MSI's Afterburner, which I pretty much leave running all the time, was somehow interfering with these two games launching . . . but turning Afterburner off, then starting these games, then turning Afterburner on while these games were already running, worked just fine.
    - Just my own experience.

DaveGrant01, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Modern Warfare 2 and 3 dont start

1. Modern Warfare 2 and 3 dont start - Similar Threads - Modern Warfare dont

2. Modern warfare 3 keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modern warfare 3 keeps crashing: I have been playing the new modern warfare 3 zombies and whenever my game crashes my d drive gets deleted and I have to restart then shut down my computer for it to show up...
  3. Modern warfare 3 keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modern warfare 3 keeps crashing: I have been playing the new modern warfare 3 zombies and whenever my game crashes my d drive gets deleted and I have to restart then shut down my computer for it to show up...
  4. Modern warfare 3 keeps crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Modern Warfare 2 Keeps freezing and crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modern Warfare 2 Keeps freezing and crashing: Hello, when I boot up Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 it freezes and crashes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/modern-warfare-2-keeps-freezing-and-crashing/d8149a34-f798-45b2-b929-e6246d07bcf2
  6. Modern Warfare 2 Keeps freezing and crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modern Warfare 2 Keeps freezing and crashing: Hello, when I boot up Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 it freezes and crashes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/modern-warfare-2-keeps-freezing-and-crashing/d8149a34-f798-45b2-b929-e6246d07bcf2
  7. Modern warfare

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Modern warfare: I bought cod points through Microsoft on 5th August still didn't receive them ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/modern-warfare/2aaaf8e4-bcea-41d7-ad32-c90cf485c36a
  8. modern warfare

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    modern warfare: COD: Modern Warfare is not on xbox play anywhere is there a way to play the copy from xbox that i bought in microsoft on my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/modern-warfare/7b1563b1-5775-47af-8fac-ffe3db8c790e
  9. Modern Warfare

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modern Warfare: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare arrives October 25, and here's the trailer bH1lHCirCGI 133745
  10. Modern warfare 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modern warfare 2: still looking good *Smile [img] [img] [img] [img] 46230