Windows 10: Modern Windows File Explorer will finally arrive with Windows 10X

Discus and support Modern Windows File Explorer will finally arrive with Windows 10X in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10X was originally going to be an operating system for dual-screen products like Surface Neo, but it’ll be arriving on traditional... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Dec 20, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Modern Windows File Explorer will finally arrive with Windows 10X

Windows 10X was originally going to be an operating system for dual-screen products like Surface Neo, but it’ll be arriving on traditional single-screen laptops first, according to Microsoft.

The final version of Windows 10X includes a new modern File Explorer which has deep roots in OneDrive as part of Microsoft’s web-first approach. As you may be aware, File Explorer in Windows 10 is currently a part of the Windows Shell and it lets you browse the folders and files, but it’s also responsible for other parts of the OS.

In Windows 10X, the modern version File Explorer is an independent app with access to your files in local storage and OneDrive only.

Modern Windows File Explorer will finally arrive with Windows 10X Modern-Explorer-in-Windows-10X.jpg

The idea is to provide close OneDrive integration and it makes sense because Windows 10X is web first like Google’s Chrome OS.

Modern File Explorer doesn’t come with advanced features like ‘This PC’, but you can still browse local files alongside those in OneDrive. The modern replacement of File Explorer would be basic, at least for now.

Modern Windows File Explorer will finally arrive with Windows 10X File-Explorer-settings.jpg

As you can see in the above screenshot of an early version of the modern file manager, Microsoft has removed all the legacy components of the classic Explorer, which includes network settings and full-fledged properties menu. Storage related options are now only available in the main Settings app.

Microsoft has also disabled support for File Explorer extensions or apps like OpenShell in Windows 10X.

Desktop and web apps in Windows 10

Microsoft is not going to test the Windows 10X operating system with the public, which has lead to questions, concerns and assumptions about the quality of the OS and how first-party apps might pan out.

According to reliable sources, Microsoft has already finalized the RTM candidate for Windows 10X, which is based on ‘Windows 10 Iron’ branch. The final version of Windows 10 lacks support for Win32 apps, but a new service called ‘Cloud PC’ can be used to stream apps over the internet so they do not have to be installed natively.

Native desktop apps support for Windows 10X wouldn’t be launching until at least late 2021 or early 2022.

In addition to classic File Explorer, Windows 10X won’t come with Mail and Calendar UWP apps and desktop Office apps. Instead, users will be asked to use Office and Outlook web apps, which are updated more frequently than the UWP versions.

The post Modern Windows File Explorer will finally arrive with Windows 10X appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Dec 20, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 20, 2020
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Modern Windows File Explorer will finally arrive with Windows 10X :p

Frick, Dec 20, 2020
  4. geno368 Win User

Some files listed in Windows Explorer are blue font

I seem to have run out of room on a Windows XP Pro system. I tried to defrag but don't have but 7% room available. I looked in Windows Explorer to try to find some huge files that might be corrupt and I see a few that are listed in blue. What does that mean? I have not compressed anything on purpose. Thanks

geno368, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Modern Windows File Explorer will finally arrive with Windows 10X - Similar Threads - Modern File Explorer

2. Windows 10x ISO file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10x ISO file: I need the Windows 10x ISO file for VMwareCan you help me?Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10x-iso-file/fee04998-e170-4922-beec-37cc76966ce0
  3. Windows 10x ISO file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10x ISO file: I need the Windows 10x ISO file for VMwareCan you help me?Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10x-iso-file/fee04998-e170-4922-beec-37cc76966ce0
  4. Microsoft is finally expanding Windows 10X to more devices

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is finally expanding Windows 10X to more devices: Microsoft is opening Windows 10X to an “even wider variety of form factors”, according to sources familiar with the development. Microsoft is exploring the possibility of ARM-powered notebooks and convertibles running Windows 10X (modular OS) in the near future. Windows 10...
  5. Microsoft is bringing Modern Standby feature to Windows 10X

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is bringing Modern Standby feature to Windows 10X: Most traditional laptops take several seconds to wake and they don’t download your emails or social media updates in the background (i.e when the laptop is asleep). To address this problem, Windows 10 comes with ‘Modern Standby’ support, a special standby mode where your...
  6. Microsoft finalizes Windows 10X update ahead of Spring 2021 launch

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft finalizes Windows 10X update ahead of Spring 2021 launch: After a year of teasing and months of complete silence, Windows 10X is finally done and is ready to release to manufacturing (RTM), which means it will be making its way to new laptops early next year. Initially, Windows 10X was expected to launch with Surface Neo (a...
  7. Microsoft to finalize Windows 10X without Win32 apps in December

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to finalize Windows 10X without Win32 apps in December: Way back in October 2019, Microsoft announced Windows 10X, a modular version of Windows 10 aimed at dual-screen, foldable, and new form factors. Microsoft also showed off Windows 10X running on the Surface Neo, which has been delayed until at least 2022 as Microsoft has...
  8. Windows 10 X will ship with a modern File Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 X will ship with a modern File Explorer: Windows 10 X is a new edition of Windows 10 designed for Surface Neo, Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Fold and other dual-screen devices. Microsoft is currently planning to ship Windows 10 X in 2020 holiday season and the tech giant is still working on a customized interface for these...
  9. Microsoft is finally working a modern Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is finally working a modern Windows 10 File Explorer: In the past few years, Microsoft focused a little bit more on updating the existing experience of traditional File Explorer. Windows 10 November 2019 Update, for example, will make significant improvements to the File Explorer’s built-in search functionality. Similarly, the...
  10. Windows 10 1809 KB4490481: the missing patch arrives, finally

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 1809 KB4490481: the missing patch arrives, finally: Microsoft released the long awaited second cumulative update of the month KB4490481 for Windows 10 version 1809 yesterday evening. Why did it take so long to release when cumulative updates for all other supported versions of Windows 10 arrived on March 20, 2019? Because...