Windows 10: Modernize and customize Windows 10 with these stunning apps

Discus and support Modernize and customize Windows 10 with these stunning apps in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 is a vastly more open platform than its competitors and you can do almost whatever you want within reason. There are a variety of free, paid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Aug 2, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Modernize and customize Windows 10 with these stunning apps

Windows 10 is a vastly more open platform than its competitors and you can do almost whatever you want within reason. There are a variety of free, paid and open-source apps that can modernize your Windows experience.

To customize Windows 10, you can install themes from the Microsoft Store, change the solid colour, pick a different picture or slideshow, and change the appearance of the desktop.

There are a variety of other ways to customize your Windows 10 device. In this article, we’ve highlighted the best customization apps that you can download and install to modernize your Windows 10 experience!

TaskbarX

TaskBarX is a popular app that sits calmy at the system tray of Windows 10 and it’s designed to hold your icons, shortcuts, and open apps at the bottom of your screen.

Modernize and customize Windows 10 with these stunning apps Center-Taskbar.jpg

Windows 10’s TaskbarX app allows you to center your taskbar icons and alter the look of your taskbar with blur effects, transparency, or Fluent Design-like acrylic effect.

You can download TaskBarX from the links given below. If you want to support the developers, you can pay $1 and purchase the app on the Microsoft Store.

EarTrumpet

EarTrumpet is a volume control app with modern, clean and friendly UI. EarTrumpet replaces the default taskbar-based volume controls on Windows 10 and it makes navigating your various audio devices on Windows 10 machine much simpler.

EarTrumpet also comes with built-in volume mixer, which allows you to manage default audio devices and change the volume on individual apps.

Modernize and customize Windows 10 with these stunning apps Ear-Trumpet.jpg

In addition, the developers have also included the option to quickly mute web browsers such as Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge when the websites start playing in the background.

EarTrumpet places a volume controller in the taskbar and you can access it by clicking on the sound icon.

When EarTrumpet is installed, you can turn off the default volume control feature that comes in Windows 10.

To turn off the default controls, open Windows Search and search for “turn system icons on or off” and turn off the volume controls feature.

You can download and install EarTrumpet 2.0 from the Microsoft Store.

Quick Look

Apple’s Quick Look feature for macOS is pretty convenient and it offers a great way to take a quick peek at something without launching an app.

The Quick Look feature allows you to press the space bar to preview the photograph, contents of a document, etc. You can also get macOS-like Quick Look feature on Windows 10 with a Microsoft Store app.

You can download one app called ‘QuickLook’ from the Microsoft Store, and preview most files on Windows 10 without loading an actual app.

Modernize and customize Windows 10 with these stunning apps QuickLook.jpg

QuickLook, which is completely free, allows you to preview .jpg, .png, .txt, documents, and other files types. When the app is installed and running in the background, you can hit the spacebar to open up a preview and tap the spacebar again to close the preview.

By default, the app adds itself to the Startup programs list and it will launch every time you start Windows.

Like EarTrumpet, QuickLook can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store.

Spotlight-like immersive search experience

Microsoft’s PowerToys adds a new search box to Windows 10 to help you quickly find and open apps, folders or files. PowerToys Run is similar to macOS Spotlight search and it can be launched by typing Alt+Space keyboard shortcut.

Modernize and customize Windows 10 with these stunning apps PowerToys-Run.jpg

Unlike Windows search, this search tool also allows you to search for processes. You can even use it as a calculator and it works faster than Windows Search.

You can download PowerToys from Github.

Files UWP

Files UWP is a modern replacement for the File Explorer on Windows 10. It uses Fluent Design with complete support for light and dark mode, and it also utilizes icons that match the rest of the Windows 10 operating system.

Modernize and customize Windows 10 with these stunning apps Files-UWP-Preview.jpg

In addition to the modern user interface, Files UWP also comes with tab support, which allows you to open new tabs of multiple folders and file locations at the same time.

Unfortunately, the only problem is that the app gets slower when you frequently load multiple locations, folders or access files at times.

The app is currently in preview and you can download it from the Microsoft Store.

The post Modernize and customize Windows 10 with these stunning apps appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Aug 2, 2020
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Jan Del Win User
    Windows 10 Modern apps not working

Hi Mike,

Since you just freshly reinstalled Windows 10, we suggest resetting apps by following the steps below:

• Type Settings on the search box.
    • Click on Settings.
    • On the left pane, click on Default apps.
    • Click Reset button under Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults.
    • Try to open another app and check if the issue persists.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Jan Del, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Modernize and customize Windows 10 with these stunning apps

Setting Modern Apps to open at Windows Startup on Windows 10

Hi Tobe,

Unfortunately, you cannot add a Windows Modern app to the Startup programs list. You can add only executable programs to the startup list. I'd suggest you to right click on the app and pin it to your taskbar for easy/quick access.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further queries, we'll be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Modernize and customize Windows 10 with these stunning apps

1. Modernize and customize Windows 10 with these stunning apps - Similar Threads - Modernize customize stunning

2. Customize Modern Sleep and Traditional Sleep Settings on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customize Modern Sleep and Traditional Sleep Settings on Windows 10?: Hello - I understand Windows 10 has this new-ish feature called Modern Idle/Sleep which is different from the traditional sleep in previous versions of Windows. In this mode, the network remains on when sleep and certain background processes can proceed, which is nice;...
  3. Customize Modern Sleep and Traditional Sleep Settings on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Customize Modern Sleep and Traditional Sleep Settings on Windows 10?: Hello - I understand Windows 10 has this new-ish feature called Modern Idle/Sleep which is different from the traditional sleep in previous versions of Windows. In this mode, the network remains on when sleep and certain background processes can proceed, which is nice;...
  4. Customize Modern Sleep and Traditional Sleep Settings on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 Modern Apps not Running

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Modern Apps not Running: So, I am using Windows 10 Version 1909. When I try to open Modern Windows Apps like the Settings, Microsoft Store, or The Xbox app which are based on the Windows Universal Platform, I get an error from explorer.exe and the message says "class not registered." I need to know...
  6. Modern Apps on Windows 10 Loading and then Disappear

Modern Apps on Windows 10 Loading and then Disappear: Modern Apps on Windows 10 Loading and then Disappear Seems that Applocker is causing the issue. Microsoft Store is blocked by design by Applocker. Can't turn it off via GPO. This affecting standard users only and there are no issues if the user is an administrator....
  7. Windows 10 19h1 Modern apps not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 19h1 Modern apps not working: Hi, I am a member of the Windows 10 insider program and have joined the slow ring. I have install build 18342.19h1_release.190215-1528. now a number of my 'modern ui' apps are not working including Settings Feedback Hub Get Help Deezer Films & TV The application...
  8. Microsoft Helping customers shift to a modern desktop

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Helping customers shift to a modern desktop: IT is complex. And that means it can be difficult to keep up with the day-to-day demands of your organization, let alone deliver technological innovation that drives the business forward. In desktop management, this is especially true: the process of creating standard images,...
  9. Modern Windows apps broken.

Modern Windows apps broken.: It all started when I tried to use the calculator. I pressed the calculator key on my keyboard but the calculator app didn't open. It just flashed on the screen. I tried again but no luck. I googled and found this. I re-registered the apps and reboot my computer. Calculator...
  10. Windows 10 modern apps not working...

Windows 10 modern apps not working...: So, I had a problem this morning regarding the modern apps icons, they were all blank whichever app I ran. Then I tried to fix them following this article: BEST FIX: Windows 10 Store Icon Missing - Appuals.com But, it just made things worse and now I can't even open Windows...