Windows 10: ModernUI becomes unresponsive

Discus and support ModernUI becomes unresponsive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Gaming PC, usual response after gaming for 1 hour or more. Can't click on Start tile, no apps will launch (Mail, Edge, etc.) can double-click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by winactive, Jan 24, 2018.

1. winactive Win User

ModernUI becomes unresponsive

Gaming PC, usual response after gaming for 1 hour or more.

Can't click on Start tile, no apps will launch (Mail, Edge, etc.) can double-click program icons to run Windows applications.

Usually fix by CTRL/ALT/DEL, log out then restart.

Win10 16299.192
    GeForce 390.65

Dxdiag on pastebin.

Looks like it's the SB X-Fi (EOL) what do the WER mean?

:)

winactive, Jan 24, 2018
  2. Fgates1 Win User

Windows crashes recently after updates and screen/power saver kicks in

My computer recently started to become unresponsive if I leave it on. It seems like if the screen saver kicks in, the computer becomes unresponsive.

Fgates1, Jan 24, 2018
  3. Windows 10 not responding wait or end process is the message system info attached in the link. Check Link. Please help

1) Earlier it was shwing DCP watchdog error.2) Google chrome used to become unresponsive first. 3) No recovery point left. I have shifted to windows 8 but still the windows is becoming unresponsive.

RAHULPATEKAR, Jan 24, 2018
  4. ModernUI becomes unresponsive

Hi winactive.

If you wouldn't mind checking your update history, Start > Settings > Update and security > View Installed Update History

Are any updates failing?

By the way what version build are you on. (Windows + R, type winver, enter)

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jan 24, 2018
  5. winactive Win User
    Thanks for responding, Ken.

I think only 16299.98 failed as I did a fresh ISO install of v1709 (16299.15) then applied KB4056892 (16299.192 2018-01 Cumulative) manually pretty much as it was released for Meltdown.

Nothing is listed as having failed in the list of installed updates.

I've Googled the 'RADAR' WER and they are for memory leaks.

It occurred to me that I installed the Nvidia HD Audio Driver for some reason with v390.65 and I don't normally. I've just uninstalled it and am seeing if that solves or improves anything.

Will post back.

winactive, Jan 24, 2018
  6. winactive Win User
    I've removed the SB X-Fi and reverted back to the on-board Realtek HD (ALC882). I uninstalled the Nvidia HD Audio as well.

No problems as yet.

winactive, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

ModernUI becomes unresponsive

1. ModernUI becomes unresponsive - Similar Threads - ModernUI becomes unresponsive

2. Workstation becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Workstation becomes unresponsive: Hello Everyone,So we have a workstation that now from time to time without faile becomes unresponisive, the full deal:Black screen, no pining, SNMP down and not a single input working.It is still running, and after a restart if works again for some time.After scouring the...
  3. Workstation becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Workstation becomes unresponsive: Hello Everyone,So we have a workstation that now from time to time without faile becomes unresponisive, the full deal:Black screen, no pining, SNMP down and not a single input working.It is still running, and after a restart if works again for some time.After scouring the...
  4. Workstation becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Computer becoming unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer becoming unresponsive: So, a couple of days ago my computer started to wig out a bit. Whenever I were to use my computer the windows and clicking the windows will become unresponsive, as well as the hot bar. I have tried troubleshooting myself, restarting it, checking for viruses or errors and...
  6. Computer becoming unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer becoming unresponsive: So, a couple of days ago my computer started to wig out a bit. Whenever I were to use my computer the windows and clicking the windows will become unresponsive, as well as the hot bar. I have tried troubleshooting myself, restarting it, checking for viruses or errors and...
  7. Computer becoming unresponsive

8. Applications becoming unresponsive

Applications becoming unresponsive: I purchased a Dell i7-Gen 8 laptop over a year ago and moved my applications from my old laptop, including two database applications: Family Tree Maker 2019 and Microsoft Money 2007. Both programs worked flawlessly until an update in early September 2020. Since then, I am...
  9. PC becomes unresponsive

PC becomes unresponsive: My computer randomly becomes unresponsive, the mouse locks up, the audio drops out, and the machine itself makes a buzzing/grinding noise not from the speakers. Without any user input the machine corrects itself and goes back to normal operation. I have updated my drivers,...
  10. PC becomes unresponsive?

PC becomes unresponsive?: So basically I've been doing fine on this PC then recently since this Sunday. Anytime I play low-performance games I don't have a problem but when I paly a high-performance game my screen will freeze on that game and if I manage to Alt + Tab out the other windows are also...