Windows 10: MODI and Windows 10

Discus and support MODI and Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all I used to have a beaut little app when I was on Win 7. It was Microsoft Office Document Imaging, and it was brilliantly useful. You could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ausgumbie, Aug 24, 2015.

1. ausgumbie Win User

MODI and Windows 10

Hi all

I used to have a beaut little app when I was on Win 7. It was Microsoft Office Document Imaging, and it was brilliantly useful. You could scan documents as TIFFs and OCR read them with MODI. I recently transferred the MODI folder from another machine on which MODI still works (and which also had the Win 10 upgrade, from Win 7) to a newer laptop which had previously been Win 8.1.

A popup on the new machine informs me "Win 10 is not yet configured to run this program" or words to that effect.

Any thoughts as to how to "configure" Win 10 to run MODI?

cheers

:)

ausgumbie, Aug 24, 2015
  2. bkah Win User

Menu icons disappeared on main window on 081.003

I just had a reapir of my E52 and 081.003 was installed. When I got it the main menu was there and I was able to switch between personal and professional Modi.

Then I restored contacts etc from a backup from when it ran 071.014.

Now it is impossible to switch btw. pers. and prof. modi. Even when I click the prof. modi it stays "personal".

furthermore, the icons on the first page has disappeared, and it is no longer possible to add any in the modi menu, (there is no "data window" in the Program shorcuts entry, so there is no way to add entries).

What has happened? How can I get it back?

3. JimWynne Win User
    windows fax & scan

What is "MODI"?

JimWynne, Aug 24, 2015
  4. ausgumbie Win User

MODI and Windows 10

OK, there being no replies I'm going to assess there's either no expertise or no interest out there.

For passing readers hoping for help themselves, I found this and (am using OneNote as my OCR facility on my newer laptop):
    Top 17 of the Best OCR Software 2015 (Free & Paid )

cheers

ausgumbie, Aug 28, 2015
  5. compie01 Win User
    Hello ausgumbie,

Read your post about MODI, a wonderful little tool indeed, that I'm missing now in Windows 10, but only on my new X64 machine. In Windows 10 32 bits (Home/Pro) there is NO problem whatsoever using MODI

Strange thing though, in X64 when you start the App from the desktop or Appview it does open a blank Image Viewer-screen as we know it.
    When you navigate and select any .tif or .tiff file, it does open just like in W7 and other previous OS-ses !
    And you can use the OCR still too on the edited page, even save it after OCR has scanned the document.

This suggests there should be some registertweaks that can make it work to open a particular file with MODI straightaway in X64 machines as well, but I'm no nerd at that kind of sports

Unfortunately, as you mentioned, there seems to be little interest for this nice little toy

Thank you for your suggestions in OCR ! I wonder , what OCR program do you use these days in W10 ?

Cheers,

Compie

compie01, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

MODI and Windows 10

1. MODI and Windows 10 - Similar Threads - MODI

2. Can I install MODI on Microsoft Windows 11 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I install MODI on Microsoft Windows 11 ?: I have a DELL XPS-8100 W10 desktop computer which is not capable of upgrading to Windows 11. I want to purchase a new W11 computer. I have many Tiff files using MODI which I add new scans/pages on a regular basis. How can I maintain my Tiff files if MODI is not available to...
  3. Can I install MODI on Microsoft Windows 11 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I install MODI on Microsoft Windows 11 ?: I have a DELL XPS-8100 W10 desktop computer which is not capable of upgrading to Windows 11. I want to purchase a new W11 computer. I have many Tiff files using MODI which I add new scans/pages on a regular basis. How can I maintain my Tiff files if MODI is not available to...
  4. how to mody letter spacing a b c

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to mody letter spacing a b c: sometime when typing in windows, the letter spacing enlarge about 150%, not in double. [spacing in between abc & a b c ] How can I modify it?...