Windows 10: ModifiableWindowsApps folder nightmare help

Discus and support ModifiableWindowsApps folder nightmare help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I installed Xbox Beta App on my D: drive while Windows 10 was installed on C:. It made like 5 folders and among them a Program Files folder containing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kanaliator, Mar 31, 2020.

1. ModifiableWindowsApps folder nightmare help

I installed Xbox Beta App on my D: drive while Windows 10 was installed on C:. It made like 5 folders and among them a Program Files folder containing a ModifiableWindowsApp folder. In my attempts to delete this folder I reinstalled Windows on drive C: while deleting everything else on drive D: EXCEPT this folder that wouldn't delete no matter what I did. I am facing the exact same problem now. What I tried: - anything permission related (admin, user, everyone) - safe mode cmd rmdir

The XBOX beta app was the worst software experience of my life and whoever over there at Microsoft thought it fine to do what that app is doing is an IDIOT.

submitted by /u/kanaliator
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kanaliator, Mar 31, 2020

2. Anyone else have a 'ModifiableWindowsApps' folder?

I've just noticed a folder I've never seen before in my Program Files folder called ModifiableWindowsApps and just wanna know if anyone else has this folder.

There is also a principal listing in its security tab for a:
    Account Unknown(S-1-15-3-1024-3635283841-2530182609-996808640-1887759898-3848208603-3313616867-983405619-2501854204)

that I have no idea what it is suppose to mean.

Running Windows 10 Pr0 64-bit version 1903 (18362.175)

mTaylor0248603, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Anyone else have a 'ModifiableWindowsApps' folder?

I have the folder, but it is empty:

ModifiableWindowsApps folder nightmare help [​IMG]

I have this as well:

Account Unknown(S-1-15-3-1024-3635283841-2530182609-996808640-1887759898-3848208603-3313616867-983405619-2501854204)

On a side note, what made you want to investigate its security status?

EyeInTheSky, Mar 31, 2020
  4. das10 Win User

ModifiableWindowsApps folder nightmare help

Anyone else have a 'ModifiableWindowsApps' folder?

I too have the ModifiableWindowsApps folder, and according to the following doc, it appears it can only be used "by certain types desktop of PC games that are published by Microsoft and our partners."

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/uwp...ckagedirectory

"desktop6:MutablePackageDirectory"
    Specifies a folder under the %ProgramFiles%\ModifiableWindowsApps path where the contents of your desktop application's install folder are projected so that users can modify the installation files (for example, to install mods). This element is currently intended to be used only by certain types desktop of PC games that are published by Microsoft and our partners.

das10, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

ModifiableWindowsApps folder nightmare help

1. ModifiableWindowsApps folder nightmare help - Similar Threads - ModifiableWindowsApps folder nightmare

2. Cannot remove "Read-Only" attribute from "ModifiableWindowsApps" folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot remove "Read-Only" attribute from "ModifiableWindowsApps" folder: Hi- so recently ive been trying to mod Fallout 4 from game pass with little issue- except for the fact that I dont have authoring permissions on the file. I have Enabled mods within the XBOX app and have tried setting permissions to Everyone, but no dice.This is frustrating...
  3. Cannot remove "Read-Only" attribute from "ModifiableWindowsApps" folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot remove "Read-Only" attribute from "ModifiableWindowsApps" folder: Hi- so recently ive been trying to mod Fallout 4 from game pass with little issue- except for the fact that I dont have authoring permissions on the file. I have Enabled mods within the XBOX app and have tried setting permissions to Everyone, but no dice.This is frustrating...
  4. 'Documents' Folder Nightmare!! because of Onedrive

'Documents' Folder Nightmare!! because of Onedrive: HiMy son got a new laptop. Had no idea that everything was being saved in 'Documents' in the Onedrive.Moved everything from there to PC Documents wasn't much and Unlinked to the OneDrive. But in the Library, Documents location is still the Onedrive folder and NOT the PC...
  5. WIN 10 Pro 'Program Files/ModifiableWindowsApps' folders not on C:

in Windows 10 Support
    WIN 10 Pro 'Program Files/ModifiableWindowsApps' folders not on C:: I always check my disks for empty folders [Glary] I have found TWO instances of "Program Files/ModifiableWindowsApps" folders on Both C: [System] and on my Data drive D: On D: I used Take Ownership and deleted "Program Files/ModifiableWindowsApps" folders. Checked 2 mins...
  6. Windows 10 - ModifiableWindowsApps Folder keeps resetting permission

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - ModifiableWindowsApps Folder keeps resetting permission: Path: F:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps Effect: It disable the inheritance of the entire 'Program Files' folder and sub folders, virtually locking me out of any modification (creating new files/folder ...) Methods I've tried: 1st Method: I tried using the 'Take...
  7. Outlook mailbox ...................... nightmare!!!! Help!!!

Outlook mailbox ...................... nightmare!!!! Help!!!: I can't even count the times I've attempted to talk with someone ANYONE in the Microsoft Office for assistance. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but what is it? Twice, so far I've gotten in touch with supposedly tech support, they've gotten into my computer YUP!!! I...
  8. Bluetooth headphone nightmare help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth headphone nightmare help: I can't seem to connect any decent Bluetooth headphones to my computer. It's a massive headache. I've tried uninstalling the drivers, I've tried removing the dongle, I've tried "removing" the paired device and re-adding it. Nothing seems to work. Sometimes I can get it to say...
  9. ModifiableWindowsApps folder shows up in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    ModifiableWindowsApps folder shows up in Windows 10: A Windows Update, Microsoft Store or a game update has added a new folder called ModifableWindowsApps to the Program Files. The folder contains data of certain PC games and it is associated with PC games modding functionality. According to UWP guidelines document, the...
  10. Anyone else have a 'ModifiableWindowsApps' folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone else have a 'ModifiableWindowsApps' folder?: I've just noticed a folder I've never seen before in my Program Files folder called ModifiableWindowsApps and just wanna know if anyone else has this folder. There is also a principal listing in its security tab for a: Account...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ModifiableWindowsApps

2. modifiablewindowsapps ask for permission

3. S-1-15-3-1024-3635283841-2530182609-996808640-1887759898-3848208603-3313616867-983405619-2501854204

4. modifiable windows apps