Windows 10: ModifiableWindowsApps folder shows up in Windows 10

Discus and support ModifiableWindowsApps folder shows up in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A Windows Update, Microsoft Store or a game update has added a new folder called ModifableWindowsApps to the Program Files. The folder contains data of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 19, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

ModifiableWindowsApps folder shows up in Windows 10

A Windows Update, Microsoft Store or a game update has added a new folder called ModifableWindowsApps to the Program Files. The folder contains data of certain PC games and it is associated with PC games modding functionality.

According to UWP guidelines document, the ‘ModifableWindowsApps’ folder may contain installation files that would allow users to install mods for games. Microsoft says the function is intended to be used by certain types of PC games and developers can specify one or more subfolders for their games.

“Enables your desktop application to specify one or more folders where users can modify the installation files for your application (for example, to install mods),” the document reads.

ModifiableWindowsApps folder shows up in Windows 10 Games-modding.jpg

As per a Win32 apps document, Win32 desktop games that use windows.mutablePackageDirectories extension in its package manifest will also specify its own subfolder in Program Files > ModifiableWindowsApps. In this document, Microsoft has again stated that the feature is available only for certain types of desktop PC games and the purpose of the folder is adding support for mods.

A Reddit thread claims that Microsoft might be preparing the OS for the inclusion of mod support for Windows Store games with the new folder, but that may not be the case due to the way Store games are currently protected.

We’re still in the early days of Microsoft Store supporting Win32 games and it remains to be seen whether the games purchased from the Microsoft Store will be easily moddable or not.

The post ModifiableWindowsApps folder shows up in Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 19, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 19, 2019
  3. Anyone else have a 'ModifiableWindowsApps' folder?

I've just noticed a folder I've never seen before in my Program Files folder called ModifiableWindowsApps and just wanna know if anyone else has this folder.

There is also a principal listing in its security tab for a:
    Account Unknown(S-1-15-3-1024-3635283841-2530182609-996808640-1887759898-3848208603-3313616867-983405619-2501854204)

that I have no idea what it is suppose to mean.

Running Windows 10 Pr0 64-bit version 1903 (18362.175)

mTaylor0248603, Jul 19, 2019
  4. ModifiableWindowsApps folder shows up in Windows 10

Anyone else have a 'ModifiableWindowsApps' folder?

I have the folder, but it is empty:

ModifiableWindowsApps folder shows up in Windows 10 [​IMG]

I have this as well:

Account Unknown(S-1-15-3-1024-3635283841-2530182609-996808640-1887759898-3848208603-3313616867-983405619-2501854204)

On a side note, what made you want to investigate its security status?

EyeInTheSky, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

ModifiableWindowsApps folder shows up in Windows 10

1. ModifiableWindowsApps folder shows up in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - ModifiableWindowsApps folder shows

2. Cannot remove "Read-Only" attribute from "ModifiableWindowsApps" folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot remove "Read-Only" attribute from "ModifiableWindowsApps" folder: Hi- so recently ive been trying to mod Fallout 4 from game pass with little issue- except for the fact that I dont have authoring permissions on the file. I have Enabled mods within the XBOX app and have tried setting permissions to Everyone, but no dice.This is frustrating...
  3. Cannot remove "Read-Only" attribute from "ModifiableWindowsApps" folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove "Read-Only" attribute from "ModifiableWindowsApps" folder: Hi- so recently ive been trying to mod Fallout 4 from game pass with little issue- except for the fact that I dont have authoring permissions on the file. I have Enabled mods within the XBOX app and have tried setting permissions to Everyone, but no dice.This is frustrating...
  4. Cannot remove "Read-Only" attribute from "ModifiableWindowsApps" folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WIN 10 Pro 'Program Files/ModifiableWindowsApps' folders not on C:

in Windows 10 Support
    WIN 10 Pro 'Program Files/ModifiableWindowsApps' folders not on C:: I always check my disks for empty folders [Glary] I have found TWO instances of "Program Files/ModifiableWindowsApps" folders on Both C: [System] and on my Data drive D: On D: I used Take Ownership and deleted "Program Files/ModifiableWindowsApps" folders. Checked 2 mins...
  6. Windows 10 - ModifiableWindowsApps Folder keeps resetting permission

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - ModifiableWindowsApps Folder keeps resetting permission: Path: F:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps Effect: It disable the inheritance of the entire 'Program Files' folder and sub folders, virtually locking me out of any modification (creating new files/folder ...) Methods I've tried: 1st Method: I tried using the 'Take...
  7. ModifiableWindowsApps and Halo MCC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ModifiableWindowsApps and Halo MCC: I have the master chief collection installed through the Xbox app and it created folders in Program Files\WindowsApps (Microsoft.Chelan) as well as Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps. This folder in WindowsApps is 33.2 GB and the folder in ModifiableWindowsApps is 24.9 GB. I...
  8. ModifiableWindowsApps folder nightmare help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ModifiableWindowsApps folder nightmare help: I installed Xbox Beta App on my D: drive while Windows 10 was installed on C:. It made like 5 folders and among them a Program Files folder containing a ModifiableWindowsApp folder. In my attempts to delete this folder I reinstalled Windows on drive C: while deleting...
  9. Anyone else have a 'ModifiableWindowsApps' folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone else have a 'ModifiableWindowsApps' folder?: I've just noticed a folder I've never seen before in my Program Files folder called ModifiableWindowsApps and just wanna know if anyone else has this folder. There is also a principal listing in its security tab for a: Account...
  10. Files not showing up in a folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files not showing up in a folder.: I wanted to get some files off my old broken laptop so i bought a hard drive to usb adapter. But when I go to G:\Users\my user\Pictures the folder is empty. is there a reason why if anyone could tell me it would be a big help....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ModifiableWindowsApps

2. how to remove ModifiableWindowsApps in win10

3. what is modifiablewindowsapps in win10

4. windows 10 modifiablewindowsapps delete,
  5. modifiblewindow app,
  6. rid of modifiablewindowsapps folder,
  7. empty modifiab;e windpws app folder,
  8. how to delete modifiablewindowsapps,
  9. modifiablewindowsapps jak usunąć ten folder,
  10. modifiable windows apps,
  11. ModifiableWindowsApps что это,