Windows 10: modification for night mode doesn't work on USB monitor

Discus and support modification for night mode doesn't work on USB monitor in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a 3rd monitor running from a USB port. Night mode doesn't switch this one. Is this a concern with USB or is the monitor too old (it's an old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ironfist, Jun 28, 2020.

1. ironfist Win User

modification for night mode doesn't work on USB monitor

I have a 3rd monitor running from a USB port. Night mode doesn't switch this one. Is this a concern with USB or is the monitor too old (it's an old monitor)?

:)

ironfist, Jun 28, 2020

2. Night Light Setting and Third Monitor.

Hi Reagan,

We would like to ask you some questions in order assist you properly:

• Did Night light work previously on all three monitors?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • Are you getting an error message on the third monitor regarding Night light?
    • Is the third monitor being detected by your PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

While waiting for your response, we suggest that you try to connect your third monitor to what you are using on the 2 working monitors to see if it is only a loose connection issue.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jun 28, 2020
  3. 3 monitor setups. Only 1 monitor fails to work for "Night Mode"

I have three monitors for my setup.
    Asus VG278 (main)
    Asus VG248
    Asus VG245

I'm dual booting Windows 7 X64 and Windows 10 Pro X64 (Version 1909, OS Build 18363.592).
    But the problem only applies to Windows 10.

I turn on the night mode on and night mode doesn't come on for the main monitor.
    I found a way to solve this problem temporarily in a rather tedious manner but it's not a viable solution.

What I have to do to make it work is to change the monitor refresh rate and then all of sudden the night mode works.
    This is very strange as I've never experienced this with Windows 7 by using Eyesaver app which has a similar effect as Night Mode on Windows 10.

So, I'm looking for a better way to fix this.

appplejack007, Jun 28, 2020
  4. HariDaser Win User

Night Mode

Thanks for your suggestions. modification for night mode doesn't work on USB monitor ;)

HariDaser, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

1. modification for night mode doesn't work on USB monitor - Similar Threads - modification night mode

2. Night Light not working on Monitor with USB to HDMI adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night Light not working on Monitor with USB to HDMI adapter: Hello,I am using a Dell Micro 3070 with 3 monitors. One monitor is plugged into the HDMI port, the other 2 monitors use HDMI cables with an HDMI to USB adapter. The Night Light setting works on the monitor plugged directly into the HDMI port but not on the monitors using the...
  3. Night Light not working on Monitor with USB to HDMI adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Night Light not working on Monitor with USB to HDMI adapter: Hello,I am using a Dell Micro 3070 with 3 monitors. One monitor is plugged into the HDMI port, the other 2 monitors use HDMI cables with an HDMI to USB adapter. The Night Light setting works on the monitor plugged directly into the HDMI port but not on the monitors using the...
  4. Night Light not working on Monitor with USB to HDMI adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Win10 Night Mode doesn't work properly, f.lux neither

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 Night Mode doesn't work properly, f.lux neither: Hello, Night Mode on my computer acts really weird, either with Win10 night mode or other softwares as f.lux... I use a Huawei Matebook D 14 with AMD Ryzen 5. I bought it in February 2019 and it worked fine for a few months, and then it started to act weirdly. Now when I...
  6. Win10 Night Mode doesn't work properly, f.lux neither

Win10 Night Mode doesn't work properly, f.lux neither: Hello, Night Mode on my computer acts really weird, either with Win10 night mode or other softwares as f.lux... I use a Huawei Matebook D 14 with AMD Ryzen 5. I bought it in February 2019 and it worked fine for a few months, and then it started to act weirdly. Now when I...
  7. Night light not working on monitor

Night light not working on monitor: I have an Acer laptop plugged into an LG monitor with an HDMI cable. At night, I like to enable the night mode since it's easier on the eyes. Unfortunately, whenever I want to enable night light, I have to open the lid of the laptop and then close it again. Sometimes I have...
  8. 3 monitor setups. Only 1 monitor fails to work for "Night Mode"

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    3 monitor setups. Only 1 monitor fails to work for "Night Mode": I have three monitors for my setup. Asus VG278 (main) Asus VG248 Asus VG245 I'm dual booting Windows 7 X64 and Windows 10 Pro X64 (Version 1909, OS Build 18363.592). But the problem only applies to Windows 10. I turn on the night mode on and night mode doesn't come on for...
  9. Night mode is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night mode is not working: Two days ago i install windows 10 1903 I found that my night mode is not working because of that i m facing problem working in night Configuration- Product name HP Notebook - 15-ac646tx...
  10. Night mode not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night mode not working: It shows the night mode button but i cant click on it [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/night-mode-not-working/1353f3bd-f888-4014-a8ce-51052fda522f