Windows 10: Modification of file names in bulk

Discus and support Modification of file names in bulk in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A time ago, so I do not recall why, many of my files' names were modified; say from .abc.jpg, or cde.docx to abc(2018_06_04 06_52_58 UTC).jpg, or cde... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chipwood, Jun 2, 2019.

1. chipwood Win User

Modification of file names in bulk

A time ago, so I do not recall why, many of my files' names were modified; say from .abc.jpg, or cde.docx to abc(2018_06_04 06_52_58 UTC).jpg, or cde (2018_06_04 06_52_58 UTC).docx. In the main picture files dominate.
    I want to rename the files by removing the (2018_06_04 06_52_58 UTC) from all the files. It would be terribly laborious, unless it can be done in bulk. Please does anyone know of anything that can do what I need?

:)

chipwood, Jun 2, 2019
  2. ap1978 Win User

Bulk Crap Uninstaller 4.3.4

• Added capability to open update link in web browser
    • Fixed treemap not working correctly with only 1 item on the list
    • Blacklisted "Installer" folder for drive scanning
    • Relaxed overly strict check for questionable directory names
    • Updated rate link to a new website

Klocman/Bulk-Crap-Uninstaller
    https://github.com/Klocman/Bulk-Crap...ses/tag/v4.3.4

ap1978, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Bulk copy names of folders

As above i have a folder with a few other inside it is there a way to bulk copy the names of those folders so i can added them to a text file or do i have to go one by one

Exiled Mystique, Jun 2, 2019
  4. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Modification of file names in bulk - Similar Threads - Modification file names

2. Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name': Hi - I want to know how to bulk change the 'TITLE' in files on my computer.Scenario is that I download audiobooks by the chapter to put on my Garmin watch. The audiobooks download with the 'NAME' listed by chapter, e.g. "XYZ Chapter 01", but the 'TITLE' in generically named...
  3. Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name': Hi - I want to know how to bulk change the 'TITLE' in files on my computer.Scenario is that I download audiobooks by the chapter to put on my Garmin watch. The audiobooks download with the 'NAME' listed by chapter, e.g. "XYZ Chapter 01", but the 'TITLE' in generically named...
  4. Bulk change file 'Title' Name for files not file 'name'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Bulk Dates on Windows Folder Names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bulk Dates on Windows Folder Names: Hello,Is there anyway I can change the date in the folder name at the top of this screenshot to be in the same the format as ones in the bottom of the screenshot without doing it all manually by hand thanks....
  6. Modification of Login Name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Modification of Login Name: How to modify the login name of my computer, if there are no [] in the device manager of my computer? i.e. l am using Window 10 Home. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/modification-of-login-name/7563b511-6fef-4120-982f-df2fcb5a9142
  7. Bulk File Name Change

Bulk File Name Change: Hi, I have nearly 4,000 image files that I need to rename. They all contain one type of unique ID number let's call it ID1 along with some other words, and I need to rename them to a different type of unique ID number let's call it ID2 without the other words. I have the...
  8. Move Files into Folder with Same Name in Bulk?!?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move Files into Folder with Same Name in Bulk?!?: Ok, so I used a simple bat file to create folders based off files names. For example, in my Movies folder, I have Example.mp4 and an Example folder. Is there a way to use a different bat file to auto move example.mp4 into the Example folder? Also, not all my movies are mp4....
  9. Bulk copy names of folders

Bulk copy names of folders: As above i have a folder with a few other inside it is there a way to bulk copy the names of those folders so i can added them to a text file or do i have to go one by one...
  10. Rename Files In Bulk with % in Name

in Windows 10 Support
    Rename Files In Bulk with % in Name: Employee just got a new computer with Windows 10 and has several files that were copied over from another computer that have a % sign in the names. Don't ask me how. She has to rename them. Is there a way to change the % to an underscore in all the files at one time? Thank...