Windows 10: Modification of system code or a critical data structure was detected

Discus and support Modification of system code or a critical data structure was detected in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I have just reinstalled Windows Vista on a Dell Inspiron 1525. After the installation finished, I left the computer for a few hours. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Francis J E Mudrak, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Modification of system code or a critical data structure was detected

Hi,I have just reinstalled Windows Vista on a Dell Inspiron 1525. After the installation finished, I left the computer for a few hours. When I returned, I got a BSOD whose error was: "Modification of system code or a critical data structure was detected." I did not have time to read any error codes as the PC rebooted. After the dumping process was complete, the PC rebooted, and I saw nothing on the screen, not even the Dell logo, and no hard drive activity. I rebooted again, and the same thing happened. Re-seating the RAM chips did not work either.

:)

Francis J E Mudrak, Jun 23, 2022
  2. Tenforo Active Member

Windows 10 - Critical Structure Corruption - Critical MSR modification

Hi,

Since I installed Windows 10 Professional edition on my computer it keeps crashing at random moments.

The BSOD says it is a CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION. I went to check other posts about it and tried many fixes but none seems to work. Here is what the minidump says :

Crash Dump Analysis provided by OSR Open Systems Resources, Inc. (OSR) Online Crash Dump Analysis Service See OSR Online - The Home Page for Windows Driver Developers for more information Windows 8 Kernel Version 14393 MP (8 procs) Free x64
    Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by: 14393.206.amd64fre.rs1_release.160915-0644 Machine Name: Kernel base = 0xfffff802`fc092000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff802`fc396080 Debug session time: Sat Oct 1 04:27:09.509 2016 (UTC - 4:00) System
    Uptime: 0 days 14:58:40.221 ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION (109) This
    bugcheck is generated when the kernel detects that critical kernel code or data have been corrupted. There are generally three causes for a corruption: 1) A driver has inadvertently or deliberately modified critical kernel code or data. See http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/driver/kernel/64bitPatching.mspx
    2) A developer attempted to set a normal kernel breakpoint using a kernel debugger that was not attached when the system was booted. Normal breakpoints, "bp", can only be set if the debugger is attached at boot time. Hardware breakpoints, "ba", can be set
    at any time. 3) A hardware corruption occurred, e.g. failing RAM holding kernel code or data. Arguments: Arg1: a39ffe5c57692508, Reserved Arg2: b3b70ae2a9e8c782, Reserved Arg3: 00000000000001a0, Failure type dependent information Arg4: 0000000000000007, Type
    of corrupted region, can be 0 : A generic data region 1 : Modification of a function or .pdata 2 : A processor IDT 3 : A processor GDT 4 : Type 1 process list corruption 5 : Type 2 process list corruption 6 : Debug routine modification 7 : Critical MSR modification
    Debugging Details: ------------------ BUGCHECK_STR: 0x109 CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1 DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT PROCESS_NAME: csrss.exe CURRENT_IRQL: 2 LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 0000000000000000 to fffff802fc1dc2b0 STACK_TEXT: ffff9481`e70a2178 00000000`00000000
    : 00000000`00000109 a39ffe5c`57692508 b3b70ae2`a9e8c782 00000000`000001a0 : nt!KeBugCheckEx STACK_COMMAND: kb SYMBOL_NAME: ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner MODULE_NAME: Unknown_Module IMAGE_NAME: Unknown_Image DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0
    BUCKET_ID: BAD_STACK Followup: MachineOwner ---------

I don't understand the Critical MSR modification and I really would like to know what might be the problem.

From now I verified the drivers with Windows Verifier, cheched the memory with Windows Memory test and got no problems.

Do anyone know a solution?

Cordially,

Matthieu Meunier

Tenforo, Jun 23, 2022
  3. Tenforo Active Member

Stop Code: CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION

I recently used the media creation tool to update a computer to Windows 10 (Build 18363). The model is a Dell Optiplex 3020, Core13-4130. About a day later, I began receiving BSODs.

This is one of the latest dump files:

Tenforo, Jun 23, 2022
  4. Tenforo Active Member
    critical structure corruption

hello everyone

I have been having critical structure corruptionfor sometime now after my update and this is the
    minidump file

please help me out

google drive minidump link

minidump – Google Drive

Tenforo, Jun 23, 2022
  5. Tenforo Active Member

Modification of system code or a critical data structure was detected

Stop Code: CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION

I recently used the media creation tool to update a computer to Windows 10 (Build 18363). The model is a Dell Optiplex 3020, Core13-4130. About a day later, I began receiving BSODs.

This is one of the latest dump files:

Tenforo, Jun 23, 2022
  6. Tenforo Active Member
    critical structure corruption

hello everyone

I have been having critical structure corruptionfor sometime now after my update and this is the
    minidump file

please help me out

google drive minidump link

minidump – Google Drive

Tenforo, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

Modification of system code or a critical data structure was detected

1. Modification of system code or a critical data structure was detected - Similar Threads - Modification system code

2. Stop Code CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Code CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION: Recently been getting blue screens randomly PCI Encryption/Decryption -Fixed this by redownloading my chip set driversIRQL_NOT LESS OR EQUAL and a few others for fault hardware or Drivers.. I ended up doing a clean install of windows 10 and for about two weeks no issues then...
  3. Stop Code CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Code CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION: Recently been getting blue screens randomly PCI Encryption/Decryption -Fixed this by redownloading my chip set driversIRQL_NOT LESS OR EQUAL and a few others for fault hardware or Drivers.. I ended up doing a clean install of windows 10 and for about two weeks no issues then...
  4. Stop Code CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Modification of system code or a critical data structure was detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modification of system code or a critical data structure was detected: Hi,I have just reinstalled Windows Vista on a Dell Inspiron 1525. After the installation finished, I left the computer for a few hours. When I returned, I got a BSOD whose error was: "Modification of system code or a critical data structure was detected." I did not have time...
  6. Stop Code: CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION

Stop Code: CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION: I found BSOD several rounds in the pastMy OS Windows 10 Pro 21H1How to fix it?******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  7. BSOD coded CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION

BSOD coded CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION: Hi; Sometimes I get a BSOD with code CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION. I've clean installed the latest version of win 10 x64 using media creation tool on my PC and updated all drivers using Windows Device Manager. but I still get the BSOD. I've tested my RAM memory with...
  8. stop code critical structure corruption

stop code critical structure corruption: Hi, I keep encountering BSOD with the above message. I can't find the source for the problem. Here are the minidump files and the msinfo32 file. Need your help please! https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkFYhrahZeIBg24vQrucFeqPRjmN?e=LT2A2t...
  9. Stop Code: CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION

Stop Code: CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION: I recently used the media creation tool to update a computer to Windows 10 Build 18363. The model is a Dell Optiplex 3020, Core13-4130. About a day later, I began receiving BSODs. This is one of the latest dump files:...
  10. Stop Code Critical Structure Corruption

Stop Code Critical Structure Corruption: Hi there, wondering what this is about and how to fix. Critical Structure Corruption what failed: win32kbase.sys Minidump and msinfo can be found here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1q_Zt_gSjfnUZwhRMAMU9syzcLbShR-r8 Please let me know if you need anything else to...