Windows 10: modified cursor width in non-Microsoft apps

Discus and support modified cursor width in non-Microsoft apps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Modified the cursor width in settings to be more visible, but it doesn't affect the cursors in non-Microsoft apps. Is there anything can done to make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ineuw, Jun 23, 2019.

1. ineuw Win User

modified cursor width in non-Microsoft apps

Modified the cursor width in settings to be more visible, but it doesn't affect the cursors in non-Microsoft apps. Is there anything can done to make the selection universal?

:)

ineuw, Jun 23, 2019
  2. paowie1 Win User

How to change the size / width of my cursor/ insertion line

Thank you, Syed.

I have 'at last' found an easier way?

Open >1: Settings>2: ease of access>3: other options, then, 4: change the width of cursor and pointer. Ye, haay!

paowie1, Jun 23, 2019
  3. CANT CHANGE MOUSE CURSOR

Hi Stan,

We suggest that you try the steps provided by Syed Abdul Jabbar on this
    link
    on how to change the mouse cursor in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Nathaniel Mon, Jun 23, 2019
  4. modified cursor width in non-Microsoft apps

My scroll bar is nearly the width of a hair. Help.

Hi Kate Lacy,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the method provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Registry editor.

Disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the
    article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

After taking the back from the registry, follow the steps provided below.

Steps:

• Press Windows logo key + R key.
    • Type regedit and press Enter.
    • If prompted by UAC, click on Yes.
    • Now, navigate to the following location in Windows Registry.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics

• In the right side panel of WindowsMetrics, double-click ‘ScrollWidth
    • In the value data field of the window, enter a data value. The default value for scroll width is the -225. Entering 500 will double the width, which should be fine in my opinion. But you can enter any value up to 1500. You could say, enter 1400 to
      make it even bigger. Remember, more or higher the value, the wider is the scrollbar.
    • After changing the value, restart the computer and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. If you have any further queries related to Windows, let us know.
    We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

modified cursor width in non-Microsoft apps

1. modified cursor width in non-Microsoft apps - Similar Threads - modified cursor width

2. How to modify column width for powershell command results

in Windows 10 Support
    How to modify column width for powershell command results: This link displayed a powershell command to view drivers: How to check device driver versions on Windows 10 | Windows Central Windows PowerShell Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Code: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-WmiObject Win32_PnPSignedDriver|...
  3. Microsoft Photos modifying photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos modifying photos: Hi all, A couple days ago, I took some screenshots for my assignment and saved them onto my OneDrive which is mapped to my File Explorer. When I opened them up yesterday, something happened. I've attached the photos below, but it looks like it repeated the upper part of...
  4. Non Windows 10 apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Non Windows 10 apps: Some Non Windows 10 apps are no longer opening in Google Chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/non-windows-10-apps/c551e422-f5d4-4b75-ad24-93adcd31f30c
  5. Change the width of the cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Change the width of the cursor: How to change the width of the cursor ascii 124 (vertical line). 134665
  6. Taskbar width

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar width: I have accidentally clicked on something and now my task bar is too wide. I have tried everything but can't get it back to normal. Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-width/254bb810-3a97-4975-966b-b9a6b5ff436e
  7. Installation of non Microsoft Skype

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installation of non Microsoft Skype: A friend of mine is not pc savvy, a friend screwed up his skype. We have been trying to reinstall it but it keeps coming up with asking for his microsoft account which he has long forgotten. I even went 'down the tubes' to look at his pc. Bearing in mind he knows very...
  8. Modify Microsoft Office Icons/Tiles

Modify Microsoft Office Icons/Tiles: Hello guys, first post on the forum, I have modified most of my programs icons in Windows 10 Start menu to get something more homogeneous. I will upload a print screen for you to see guys. The problem is: I couldn't find a way to modify Microsoft Office apps icons and...
  9. Vertical taskbar width

Vertical taskbar width: There's a really nice tutorial on the old forums -> Taskbar - Change Icon Button Width Size - Windows 7 Help Forums Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work for Windows 10. Is there a way to make the vertical taskbar as thin as the horizontal one? 95810
  10. Needing Start Menu Width Adjustment for "All Apps"

Needing Start Menu Width Adjustment for "All Apps": I have read everywhere on how to change the start menu width, however what I am asking for does not seem to be covered anywhere. When I open the "All Apps" section of the start menu to get to my installed programs I am unable to distinguish between some of them due to their...