Windows 10: modified cursor width in non-Microsoft apps

Discus and support modified cursor width in non-Microsoft apps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Modified the cursor width in settings to be more visible, but it doesn't affect the cursors in non-Microsoft apps. Is there anything can done to make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ineuw, Jun 23, 2019.

1. ineuw Win User

modified cursor width in non-Microsoft apps

Modified the cursor width in settings to be more visible, but it doesn't affect the cursors in non-Microsoft apps. Is there anything can done to make the selection universal?

:)

ineuw, Jun 23, 2019
  2. paowie1 Win User

How to change the size / width of my cursor/ insertion line

Thank you, Syed.

I have 'at last' found an easier way?

Open >1: Settings>2: ease of access>3: other options, then, 4: change the width of cursor and pointer. Ye, haay!

paowie1, Jun 23, 2019
  3. CANT CHANGE MOUSE CURSOR

Hi Stan,

We suggest that you try the steps provided by Syed Abdul Jabbar on this
    link
    on how to change the mouse cursor in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Nathaniel Mon, Jun 23, 2019
  4. modified cursor width in non-Microsoft apps

My scroll bar is nearly the width of a hair. Help.

Hi Kate Lacy,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the method provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Registry editor.

Disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the
    article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

After taking the back from the registry, follow the steps provided below.

Steps:

• Press Windows logo key + R key.
    • Type regedit and press Enter.
    • If prompted by UAC, click on Yes.
    • Now, navigate to the following location in Windows Registry.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics

• In the right side panel of WindowsMetrics, double-click ‘ScrollWidth
    • In the value data field of the window, enter a data value. The default value for scroll width is the -225. Entering 500 will double the width, which should be fine in my opinion. But you can enter any value up to 1500. You could say, enter 1400 to
      make it even bigger. Remember, more or higher the value, the wider is the scrollbar.
    • After changing the value, restart the computer and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. If you have any further queries related to Windows, let us know.
    We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

modified cursor width in non-Microsoft apps

1. modified cursor width in non-Microsoft apps - Similar Threads - modified cursor width

2. Powershell modify/change variables in non-modal form

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell modify/change variables in non-modal form: Is there a way to change variables in non-modal form? like below, how to make change to $b.Text after start-job $function:goForm executed? Thanks. Function Update_Al { $b.Text = 'Update 2' $b1.Text = $b.Text } $b = [pscustomobject]@{ Text = 'Update 1' }...
  3. Powershell modify/change variables in non-modal form

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell modify/change variables in non-modal form: Is there a way to change variables in non-modal form? like below, how to make change to $b.Text after start-job $function:goForm executed? Thanks. Function Update_Al { $b.Text = 'Update 2' $b1.Text = $b.Text } $b = [pscustomobject]@{ Text = 'Update 1' }...
  4. non app program is blocked by microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    non app program is blocked by microsoft store: why is it so dificult to install Malware Byte for a 14 day trial. I know they are probably competitors to microsoft . Able to download the program but I am unable to get past the microsoft store notice which flags it as a non microsoft store app. Then there is no more support...
  5. Modifying Microsoft Store App Shortcuts in Application List

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Modifying Microsoft Store App Shortcuts in Application List: I have installed some apps from Microsoft Store, and I don't like the placement of it in the application list in the start menu. In a question I asked someone else, I learned that the apps installed from Microsoft Store are stored in C:/PorgramFiles/WindowsApps/. I was also...
  6. Install non microsoft apps

Install non microsoft apps: Trying to install a flash emulator called Newgrounds_Player. Install takes me to a screen that says I need to update Microsoft Store. There's also an option to install apps outside of Microsoft Store. I click that and it opens Microsoft Store on a screen that says I am...
  7. Modify Apps Question

Modify Apps Question: Hello, I'm new to Windows 10 Pro (1903) from Windows 7, and have what may be a basic (or stupid *Wink) question...I searched online for an answer and surprisingly found nothing, so I thought I'd ask here. In the Settings Apps & Features, I clicked on an app and have two...
  8. Modify Apps Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Modify Apps Question: Hello, I'm new to Windows 10 Pro (1903) from Windows 7, and have what may be a basic (or stupid *Wink) question...I searched online for an answer and surprisingly found nothing, so I thought I'd ask here. In the Settings Apps & Features, I clicked on an app and have two...
  9. How to modify column width for powershell command results

in Windows 10 Support
    How to modify column width for powershell command results: This link displayed a powershell command to view drivers: How to check device driver versions on Windows 10 | Windows Central Windows PowerShell Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Code: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-WmiObject Win32_PnPSignedDriver|...
  10. Change the width of the cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Change the width of the cursor: How to change the width of the cursor ascii 124 (vertical line). 134665