Windows 10: modified settings folder templates forgotten

Discus and support modified settings folder templates forgotten in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I modify my folder templates to my liking. During a certain period (for instance some weeks) this modification is remembered. But suddenly only the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PiKo, Dec 25, 2018.

1. PiKo Win User

modified settings folder templates forgotten

I modify my folder templates to my liking. During a certain period (for instance some weeks) this modification is remembered. But suddenly only the default templates are active again.
    Any suggestion why this happens?
    W10 pro; v1803

:)

2. mrgeek Win User

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Dec 25, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Change Folder View Option To a New Default Setting

That's ok.

In step 1, you set a default template for all folders.

in step 2, you set the folder view to "sort by" "type" for what you wanted, then "Apply to folders" to set it for all folders.

Brink, Dec 25, 2018
  4. Aera Rua Win User

View - C Drive Settings & Saving it

Hello,

By default, folders appear in Microsoft Windows as folder icons or as pictures that are contained in the folder. If you change these view settings or customize a folder, Windows remembers your settings when you open the folder again. You can use the folder's
    View menu to change the view settings for the folder. You can use the Customize tab in the folder's Properties dialog box to modify the folder icon, picture, and template. To customize the appearance of a folder, follow these steps:

• Start File Explorer, and then locate the folder that you want to customize.
    • Right-click the folder, and then click Properties.
    • On the Customize tab, select the customization options you want to use for the folder.

For more information, see the article on
    How to modify your folder view settings or to customized it

Don't hesitate to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Aera Rua, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

1. modified settings folder templates forgotten - Similar Threads - modified settings folder

2. Why is the date modified on a folder earlier than the date modified in that folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the date modified on a folder earlier than the date modified in that folder?: In File Explorer, it shows in "Documents" it shows:Folder: Document - Date Modified 1/30/2024 10:51 AMFolder: Miscellaneous - Date Modified 9/13/2023 8:15 AMSubfolder: Home - Date Modified 7/3/2023 2:19 PMSubfolder: Miscellaneous - Date Modified 7/22/2021 11:44AMSubfolder:...
  3. Why is the date modified on a folder earlier than the date modified in that folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the date modified on a folder earlier than the date modified in that folder?: In File Explorer, it shows in "Documents" it shows:Folder: Document - Date Modified 1/30/2024 10:51 AMFolder: Miscellaneous - Date Modified 9/13/2023 8:15 AMSubfolder: Home - Date Modified 7/3/2023 2:19 PMSubfolder: Miscellaneous - Date Modified 7/22/2021 11:44AMSubfolder:...
  4. folder template auto detection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    folder template auto detection: Hi, I would love my windows explorer to always show folders in "list" view pretty simple wish, right?. Now, I understand that this would be silly for, say the desktop, and there may be other folders that have to be except from the general rule. I further understand that...
  5. built-in folder templates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    built-in folder templates: hello, i cant find an answer to what i am trying to achieve so i'll appreciate anyone's help.. There are 5 built-in folder view templates General, document, music, videos & picture i know i can change and save the view options in these 5 templates and i found lots of...
  6. Modify folder ..?

in Windows 10 Support
    Modify folder ..?: Hi All Is there a way to get rid of folder infos ..? [img] Thanks 139798
  7. Registry location for: "Optimize this folder for" templates

in Windows 10 Support
    Registry location for: "Optimize this folder for" templates: Hey all, I was wondering if anyone knew where the regedit location was for these default templates? I want to change the Picture template from Large to Extra Large. Basically I know of three ways to change folder views: Manually using the view quickbar - which is tedious....
  8. Settings Menu Modified

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings Menu Modified: I was working with a computer in our small club and noticed that the Settings menu had been changed from displaying the normal category icons to listing the categories similar to changing the File Explorer view from icons to details. I could not find anyway to revert this. Is...
  9. Folder Template Problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Template Problem.: My default folder template in program files and program files(x86) suddenly change to Pictures type template. I don't want to change it manually 1 by 1. And whenever I install a program, the newly created folder template is always Pictures type folder, not the usual...
  10. Change Folder Template in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Folder Template in Windows 10: How to: Change Folder Template in Windows 10 How to Change the Template of a Drive, Folder, or Library in Windows 10 Windows 10 includes five built-in templates that you can select to optimize the view of your drives, folders, and libraries for General Items, Documents,...