Windows 10: Modified system reserved partition but now no boot device found error

Discus and support Modified system reserved partition but now no boot device found error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I actually tried to modify the system reserved partition size so that the recent windows update can be installed without error on my hp 15ac122tu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rohitbabu, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Rohitbabu Win User

Modified system reserved partition but now no boot device found error

I actually tried to modify the system reserved partition size so that the recent windows update can be installed without error on my hp 15ac122tu machine which is i3 5th gen. I tried to modify the size using mini partition tool by creating 500mb unallocated space and expanding the system reserved partition with that unallocated space. After the operation, the system falied to boot into any of the operating systems (my machine has ubuntu 18.04 LTS and windows 10 installed using dual boot) . I think the problem occurred beacuse the modified system reserved partition is not recognized at the time of boot. I tried using diskpart utility, dism, scanning file system using the cmd at advanced options. Please help me to get out of this. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance Modified system reserved partition but now no boot device found error :)

:)

Rohitbabu, Dec 12, 2018
  2. Anthony Gal, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Frcraig Win User
    Two System Reserve Partitions

I have two hard drives on my computer, an SSD with my operating system (Windows 8.1 which I just successfully upgraded to Windows 10) and an hdd for additional storage. After upgrading to Windows 10 I noticed that I now have two System Reserve Partitions.
    One partition is on the SSD and the other is on the hdd. Both contain bootmgr and similar files. The files on the hdd have newer file modified/created dates than those on the ssd System Reserve partition. If I set my BIOS to boot from the SSD I get the
    blue screen message "no bcd found". If I set the BIOS to boot from the hdd it takes over a minute, but Windows 10 boots fine.

I'm guessing that the System Reserve partition on the hdd (storage hard drive) contains the boot files for Windows 10, but Windows 10 is not installed on that drive, it is installed on the SSD (which I think has the old Windows 8.1 boot files on its own
    System Reserve partition).

I've given the two System Reserve partitions drive letters so that I can see the contents of the drives. Can I simply copy the contents of the newer System Reserve partition onto the older System Reserve partition so that Windows 10 will boot from the same
    SSD that it is installed on?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Craig

Frcraig, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

Win7 System Reserved Partition Full

Isn't that what the system reserved partition is ? Or is it just a backup incase the windows boot files get corrupt?

Johan45, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Modified system reserved partition but now no boot device found error - Similar Threads - Modified system reserved

2. Move system partition to system reserve partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move system partition to system reserve partition: I had just install a new m.2 NVMe card yesterday and had cloned my primary drive over to the m.2. It was working wonderfully and was booting up okay then I had decided to clear the original primary drive. I had then tried updating windows from settings and when it tried to...
  3. Move system partition to system reserve partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Move system partition to system reserve partition: I had just install a new m.2 NVMe card yesterday and had cloned my primary drive over to the m.2. It was working wonderfully and was booting up okay then I had decided to clear the original primary drive. I had then tried updating windows from settings and when it tried to...
  4. Error: no boot partition found

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error: no boot partition found: Hello, The past couple of days my desktop PC would just stay on “shutting down” so I started holding down the power button. Today when I boot my computer and after I enter my VeraCrypt password I get given a message saying “Error: No boot partition found”. I have 2 SSDs...
  5. System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Reserved Partition: Hello, I did some storage upgrade on my system by adding an M.2 NVME 1TB SSD drive and cloned my old drive that has windows 10 operating system. I now have two systems reserved partition on both the old and newly installed drive. The system reserved section limits my...
  6. System reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System reserved Partition: as you can probably see in the screenshot , my System reserved Partition and the partition where my windows is installed are on totally different drives: windows: drive 0 (SSD) System reserved Partition: drive 1 (HDD) what i want is simple: move System reserved Partition...
  7. Recovery Partitions/System Reserved Partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovery Partitions/System Reserved Partitions: I have Windows 10 Home Version 1803 installed in my pc. Windows is installed on Disk 5. Disk 5 contains my C drive and D partition that I created after Windows was installed. It also contains a partition named System Reserved which Windows created when I installed Windows...
  8. Merged the system reserved disk partition, now it won't boot up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Merged the system reserved disk partition, now it won't boot up.: I have a windows 10 professional installed. There was a system reserved disk partition and i merged it with the local disk d by the aomei partition software. And when i restart it doesn't boot up What do i do Please help...
  9. Reserved Partition Error

Reserved Partition Error: I want to bounce this off you before move ahead. I'm getting the Reserved Partion error when I try to install Win 10 on my Wn 7 rig. My SSD is an EVO 500 partitions are Data 100MB C: 419GB Unallocated 46.58GB - this is my Over Provision Partition. I guess I need...
  10. No system reserved partition

No system reserved partition: Installed a Samsung SSD on my Asus CM6730-06 desktop running Win7. the Win7 OS was cloned from the Asus Pc to Samsung SSD. Windows 7 runs great off the SSD. Got a Windows 10 upgrade notice and received an automatic download of Win10 but when it tries to install I get the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. phone wont boot modified system

2. windows 10 modified error