Windows 10: Modifier keys stuck/locked and repeated beep when repeatedly using Fn+ArrowKey+Modifier key...

Discus and support Modifier keys stuck/locked and repeated beep when repeatedly using Fn+ArrowKey+Modifier key... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On my Huawei Matebook X Pro, when I use Fn+Left/Right+Shift/Ctrl repeatedly to select to the beginning/end of line, or navigate to beginning/end of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Max0001_785, May 30, 2020.

1. Modifier keys stuck/locked and repeated beep when repeatedly using Fn+ArrowKey+Modifier key...

On my Huawei Matebook X Pro, when I use Fn+Left/Right+Shift/Ctrl repeatedly to select to the beginning/end of line, or navigate to beginning/end of document, the Ctrl or Shift modifier key is locked active without being pressed and for the duration and sometimes after the speaker beeps repeatedly.

This is not due to the Sticky keys feature! I have sticky keys and filter keys disabled. Furthermore, the beep sound is different to sound being played when enabling sticky keys. Sounds like a short telephone dial tone. “DUHD ... DUHD .. DUHD”

The issue seems to be linked to the Fn key. I can not reproduce the issue without using the Fn key.

My Windows 10 is Version 2004 OS Build 19041.264

The issue persists when booting in Safe Mode.

This really makes the laptop almost unusable for typing I have enabled the key lock around 10 times by accident just while typing this.

At this point any help would be appreciated unless its telling me to turn of sticky keys—its disabled, duh!. Especially any hint as to what process/feature could be implementing this behaviour.

Cheers!

:)

Max0001_785, May 30, 2020
  2. 5DVX0130 Win User

FN key always on

If you press “Num Lock" (might also be labeled "Num Lk”) (I’ve also seen it labeled “Pad Lock” for numeric Pad) it turns on the blue keys, and inverts the meaning of the “Fn” key – it’s a way to use that embedded numeric keypad without having to hold down the “Fn” key the entire time. To fix it, just find and press the “Num Lock” or “Pad Lock” key again. (Note, sometimes these keys are themselves “Fn” keys, so you may, or may not, need to also hold down the “Fn” key to get the right function.) Often there is an indicator light associated with the setting.

5DVX0130, May 30, 2020
  3. FN key always on

To clarify, I was saying "Accessibility" features maybe be controlled via the BIOS, not the Fn keys. And one of the Accessibility features makes the keys "sticky". This allows folks with some disabilities to press, for example, the Ctrl key, then the Alt key, and then Del in sequence instead of all at once. Same with the Fn key. The sticky feature would let you first press the Fn key, and then the F9 key (for example) and not Fn + F9 at the same time to enable/disable whatever Fn + F9 does with that notebook (it is the touchpad on my Toshiba).

Bill_Bright, May 30, 2020
  4. Drone Win User

Modifier keys stuck/locked and repeated beep when repeatedly using Fn+ArrowKey+Modifier key...

FN key always on

Fn key got absolutely nothing to do with BIOS.

It just requires some bizarre combination. One of this should do the trick:

fn + scrl
    fn+ num
    fn + F11
    fn + F8

Drone, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Modifier keys stuck/locked and repeated beep when repeatedly using Fn+ArrowKey+Modifier key...

1. Modifier keys stuck/locked and repeated beep when repeatedly using Fn+ArrowKey+Modifier key... - Similar Threads - Modifier keys stuck

2. Disable or modify F5 key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable or modify F5 key: [ATTACH] I'm trying to disable the F5 key function on the keyboard in order to deploy it by the GPO, in the screenshot shows the how the registry set but it's not working even after restart the PC, Could anyone help me in this issue?? Any one could help me of that or how...
  3. Key stuck and/or repeating.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Key stuck and/or repeating.: Hello, so this is a laptop keyboard issue that I've had for a little bit now, sometimes goes away, sometimes not. A specific key, in my case, the "D" key, upon being pressed keeps either repeating itself constantly like 4 or 5 letters come out of 1 click, not working or a mix...
  4. Key stuck and/or repeating.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Key stuck and/or repeating.: Hello, so this is a laptop keyboard issue that I've had for a little bit now, sometimes goes away, sometimes not. A specific key, in my case, the "D" key, upon being pressed keeps either repeating itself constantly like 4 or 5 letters come out of 1 click, not working or a mix...
  5. Key stuck and/or repeating.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. keys keeps repeating

keys keeps repeating: Some keys like P and TYKLM are repeating on my keyboard. It happens a lot today. I am typing in my on screen keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keys-keeps-repeating/714c7eb5-548d-4fec-bb20-ca35dbe55721
  7. Repeat key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeat key not working: Repeat key function is not working on any of the keys of my laptop keyboard. I changed my keypad a month back. Can't remember if this problem started since then or only now. I didn't notice as I didn't use my laptop much,I tried attaching another keyboard via USB port. It...
  8. F9 key not registering after using key repeater

F9 key not registering after using key repeater: The F9 keystroke is not registering on my keyboard and there's seemingly nothing I can do to restore it. Here are the things I'm tried. I tried another keyboard, two in fact: another external keyboard and the internal keyboard on the laptop. I tried mapping another key to...
  9. Modifier Key Bubbles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Modifier Key Bubbles: [ATTACH] Does anyone know how to turn these off? https://preview.redd.it/3us75f5rrnc51.jpg?width=350&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=d84d22b68fb37323d84c8521efda94fc93a8df02 submitted by /u/Yost19 [link] [comments]...
  10. Key Repeat

in Windows 10 Customization
    Key Repeat: Ok so basically, Key repeat is the amount of time from when you hold down a key on your keyboard; and it continuously adds whatever letter you inputted. For example, if I held down the "a" key for long enough, the computer interprets that as "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa". I'm...