Windows 10: Modify account name

Discus and support Modify account name in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I installed windows 11 from scratch on my Pc, and I logged with my microsoft account in the initial phase. I had no prompt for "username", and now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Raikoug, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Raikoug Win User

Modify account name

Hi,I installed windows 11 from scratch on my Pc, and I logged with my microsoft account in the initial phase. I had no prompt for "username", and now it is a "ricca" I'm Riccardo. I actually don't like it, and i already some script based on my actual usernaname the one I had on my previous installation, and I actually have on other computers, the script are synced, and I didn't bother using %VARIABLES%, I like absolute paths Modify account name :D.Is there a way to change it, or I need to just create a totally new one, make it administrator, and forget the one linked to microsoft account?These are the only t

:)

Raikoug, Aug 9, 2022
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 9, 2022
  3. mrgeek Win User
    mrgeek, Aug 9, 2022
  4. Modify account name

ID or user name modify

Hi Will,

You can easily change your Microsoft Account Username by following the steps below:

• Open the Start Menu.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Select Accounts > Your Account.
    You will now see the Manage my Microsoft account link. Click on it to be routed to your Microsoft account home page. You may be asked to log in again.

Under Hello, there should be an "Edit name" against your current profile name:

• Click "Edit name".
    • Write the new name you want.
    • Click Save.
    Note: This will be the same name that will be used when you send emails using this new ID. And when you restart your computer, your new name will be displayed.

IMPORTANT: Changing your Microsoft Account username is not the same as changing your Microsoft Account name. The latter is not possible. Changing the account name would mean creating a new account.

Let us know how these turned out for you.

Joanna 777, Aug 9, 2022
Thema:

Modify account name

1. Modify account name - Similar Threads - Modify account name

2. Modify RDP account mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modify RDP account mail: Hello,I would like to change the email associated with my Microsoft account.Currently, this email is used for logging in here, accessing my machine with RDP, and backing up my Windows data on Microsoft servers I believe... I don't pay a subscription, and I haven't needed to...
  3. Modify account name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modify account name: Hi,I installed windows 11 from scratch on my Pc, and I logged with my microsoft account in the initial phase. I had no prompt for "username", and now it is a "ricca" I'm Riccardo. I actually don't like it, and i already some script based on my actual usernaname the one I had...
  4. MP3 metadata such as Album name can't be modified

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MP3 metadata such as Album name can't be modified: Hi, for the recent months, I have been facing a problem when editing the metadata of my MP3 files. When I try to change any of the file's metadata, such as the album name or artist, it says the following:An unexpected error is keeping you from applying properties to the file....
  5. MP3 metadata such as Album name can't be modified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MP3 metadata such as Album name can't be modified: Hi, for the recent months, I have been facing a problem when editing the metadata of my MP3 files. When I try to change any of the file's metadata, such as the album name or artist, it says the following:An unexpected error is keeping you from applying properties to the file....
  6. MP3 metadata such as Album name can't be modified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Modifying User name from Chinese to English.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Modifying User name from Chinese to English.: I need to install a simulator, but my system user name is Chinese characters, I need to change it to English characters, what should I do? ***Modified Title from: How to Modify System User name***...
  8. How to Modify System User Name

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Modify System User Name: I need to install a simulator, but my system user name is Chinese characters, I need to change it to English characters, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-modify-system-user-name/44b0ebc1-431f-4527-9d24-145c5e359787
  9. Modify user account name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Modify user account name: Sadly I need to rename my Win 10 user account as a character used in it clashes with a software program. The problem is new to this product version as I have used earlier versions since 2012. How do I go about this since the folder name doesn't change with the user name. I...
  10. Need to Modify Network Names

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need to Modify Network Names: Hello. I'm here about the age-old issue of network names getting a "#2" or "#3" appended to their names. For instance, I have a hotspot device called "Hotspot". I just bought a new one today and I want to name it "Hotspot" as well -- but Windows is a clever beast, and it...