Windows 10: Modify Folder Icons Under "This PC" In Explorer/Navigation Pane

Discus and support Modify Folder Icons Under "This PC" In Explorer/Navigation Pane in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As well directed by Brink I am starting this thread here as I was working off a tutorial with changing Library Icons when this problem came up, for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Spikeypup, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Spikeypup Win User

Modify Folder Icons Under "This PC" In Explorer/Navigation Pane

As well directed by Brink I am starting this thread here as I was working off a tutorial with changing Library Icons when this problem came up, for your referencing delight ->> Change Library Icon in Windows 10

I was able to get the library icons changed however I am really interested in the icons indicated in the below picture. I changed my drives icons already through registry and I'm just wondering if these require the same and where the key(s) are for it, although I think I may have stumbled upon it by happenstance. For example compare the two entries below the first picture. any thoughts? Note: many of the entries reference other entries there and other system links so use care if you tinker! Thanks for your help and attention in advance, no rush on any of this obviously...

Sorry no time to crop need to rush out for a moment:

Modify Folder Icons Under "This PC" In Explorer/Navigation Pane [​IMG]

Registry Path Possibility:

Modify Folder Icons Under "This PC" In Explorer/Navigation Pane [​IMG]

:)

Spikeypup, Apr 6, 2017

2. windows explorer

File Explorer navigation pane shows my Onedrive\Documents folder under "This PC" instead of my C:\Users\AccountName\Documents folder that should be there. This change occurred sometime in the recent past. The same is true of my Onedrive\Pictures folder.
    They also appear under "Onedrive" where they should be. I don't know what caused this and can find no way to correct it.

GeraldDummer, Apr 6, 2017
  3. File Explorer This PC view (Adding folders or shortcuts too)

Haven't tried adding a custom shell folder under "This PC", but that might work. Easier way would be to add a library with your chosen name and show it in the nav pane, under Libraries section. You need to enable "Show Libraries" in the navigation pane.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Apr 6, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Patrick, *Smile

I haven't forgot about you. I'm working on a tutorial for this now for you. It's a little bit complicated and detailed and trying to find an easier way, but I should have it posted later today. I'll post back with a link to the new tutorial when it's finished.

Brink, Apr 6, 2017
  5. Spikeypup Win User
    Oh man, you are just too much of a good thing! *Smile I don't feel neglected at all! In fact I felt bad for not logging in until just a bit ago, I was like "Uh-Oh, now he probably thinks I'm one of these forum scrapers who get's what they need and leaves" lol, but then I was like, "he knows I need sleep...I know HE doesn't need sleep though" (you shawn, you are bionic!). Anyway, it's all good, take your time, it's just customizing, I'll live without my silly cat icons for awhile...awhile... lol Get to it whenever you can, never any pressure. *Smile Much like The Dude, The pup will typically abide! *Wink

Spikeypup, Apr 6, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Patrick @Spikeypup,

Just checking in with you to see if that was able to do the trick for you. *Smile

Brink, Apr 8, 2017
  8. SonicBlue Win User

SonicBlue, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Modify Folder Icons Under "This PC" In Explorer/Navigation Pane - Similar Threads - Modify Folder Icons

2. Modifying the Navigation Pane in Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modifying the Navigation Pane in Explorer: This my Navigation Pane in File Explorer. It has 3 sections: the 2nd section is called "Quick Access". I don't know what sections 1 and 3 are called, but they are not helpful.How do I remove sections 1 and 3 from the Navigation Pane?I assume it's some registry setting that...
  3. Modifying the Navigation Pane in Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modifying the Navigation Pane in Explorer: This my Navigation Pane in File Explorer. It has 3 sections: the 2nd section is called "Quick Access". I don't know what sections 1 and 3 are called, but they are not helpful.How do I remove sections 1 and 3 from the Navigation Pane?I assume it's some registry setting that...
  4. some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon: some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-the-folders-in-the-navigation-pane-of-file/e8b967c0-66c1-4450-9da9-d44426e6e2e5
  5. some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon: some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-the-folders-in-the-navigation-pane-of-file/e8b967c0-66c1-4450-9da9-d44426e6e2e5
  6. some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Removing icons from File Explorer navigation pane

Removing icons from File Explorer navigation pane: Hi. I have some items in the navigation pane of Win10 file explorer that I can't seem to get rid of. They point to nothing. When I right click them I have no option to delete. Here is a screen shot of what happens when I try to open one. Can anyone help me get rid of...
  8. Opening a folder adds shortcut under This PC in the navigation pane

Opening a folder adds shortcut under This PC in the navigation pane: When I open a folder in the Windows Explorer, despite having the "Expand to current folder" option ticked off, the navigation panel will add a "Desktop" or "Downloads" shortcut under This PC. In this screenshot, on the left is how it looks like after opening folders and on...
  9. Remove duplicate links under This PC in navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove duplicate links under This PC in navigation pane: I'd like to know if it's at all possible to remove links from quick access that are duplicated under This PC once you access them from quick access. [img] In this scenario I opened documents in quick access and it duplicated itself under This PC. This will happen with...
  10. Navigation pane icons are displayed badly in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation pane icons are displayed badly in file explorer: last week I upgraded to windows 10. All seems fine and works except that I have a display problem in file explorer The icons on the navigation pane (left) seem to have a white box superimposed on them. Changing an icon does not help just shows the new icon with the white box...