Windows 10: Modify folder ..?

Discus and support Modify folder ..? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All Is there a way to get rid of folder infos ..? [img] Thanks 139798 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RonCFL, Sep 3, 2019.

1. RonCFL Win User

Modify folder ..?

Hi All
    Is there a way to get rid of folder infos ..?

Modify folder ..? [​IMG]

Thanks

:)

RonCFL, Sep 3, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Sort by 'Date Modified' but keep folders at the top?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that after recent update when you sort the files by Date Modified, the folders are listed at the bottom. We would like to know which update was installed on the computer, to check go to
    Start >> Settings >> Update & Security >> Windows Update >> View update history.

However, you can go ahead and try the following steps and see if that helps in listing the folders at top:

1. Open File Explorer and navigate to the location where your files are stored.
    2. Sort files by Date Modified (Recent files first).
    3. Hold Shift key and click on the
      Name
      column. This will bring folders at the top with files sorted with Date Modified.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    Illogical date modified updating

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the modified date is just as important as the created date within the metadata of a given file. We will look into this for you.
    However, in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the build of Windows 10 running on your system?
    2. Was there any major change or an update on your system prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. Is the issue only with the pictures taken from the camera or the other pictures and files within the system as well?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it is helpful to you.

Method 1: Enable the Date Modified Column in the File Explorer.

To enable the Date modified column within the particular folder, please follow the steps below.

1. Open the Folder in which you wish to see the Date modified column.
    2. Right-click on the
      Header for Name, date, type etc. This will give you a list of columns that can be displayed.
    3. Select the option Date modified, clearing the tick removes that column.
    4. Modify a file and check if it is being reflected in the Date modified column.

If the issue still persists, where you aren’t able to see the value in the Date modified column even after making the changes to the particular file, please follow ‘Method 2’.

Method 2: Create a new user account.

This issue could be due to profile corruption. Hence to eliminate possibilities, I would suggest you to ‘Create
    a local user or administrator account
    ’ and check if the issue persists.

Note:
    You will not see all your files under your default file location. So your data will be saved under C:\users\user_name.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Frogger Win User

Modify folder ..?

?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile Modify folder ..? :)

Frogger, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Modify folder ..?

1. Modify folder ..? - Similar Threads - Modify folder

2. Sorting folders by date modified

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sorting folders by date modified: Hello everyoneI moved a folder that has a lot of folders and files from one hard disk to another, the thing is I like my data to be sorted by date modified which I did, however, the folders aren't sorted by date modified for some reason even though the files "videos" are...
  3. Sorting folders by date modified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sorting folders by date modified: Hello everyoneI moved a folder that has a lot of folders and files from one hard disk to another, the thing is I like my data to be sorted by date modified which I did, however, the folders aren't sorted by date modified for some reason even though the files "videos" are...
  4. Sorting folders by date modified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File explorer and date created/modified change when copying files/folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer and date created/modified change when copying files/folders.: Dear Microsoft Wizards,I come to you with a tale of woe, a saga of time-displaced files and folders that have lost their way in the temporal vortex of Windows File Explorer. In an age where we can chat with AI, drive electric chariots, and binge-watch shows about dragons and...
  6. File explorer and date created/modified change when copying files/folders.

File explorer and date created/modified change when copying files/folders.: Dear Microsoft Wizards,I come to you with a tale of woe, a saga of time-displaced files and folders that have lost their way in the temporal vortex of Windows File Explorer. In an age where we can chat with AI, drive electric chariots, and binge-watch shows about dragons and...
  7. Why is the date modified on a folder earlier than the date modified in that folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the date modified on a folder earlier than the date modified in that folder?: In File Explorer, it shows in "Documents" it shows:Folder: Document - Date Modified 1/30/2024 10:51 AMFolder: Miscellaneous - Date Modified 9/13/2023 8:15 AMSubfolder: Home - Date Modified 7/3/2023 2:19 PMSubfolder: Miscellaneous - Date Modified 7/22/2021 11:44AMSubfolder:...
  8. Why is the date modified on a folder earlier than the date modified in that folder?

Why is the date modified on a folder earlier than the date modified in that folder?: In File Explorer, it shows in "Documents" it shows:Folder: Document - Date Modified 1/30/2024 10:51 AMFolder: Miscellaneous - Date Modified 9/13/2023 8:15 AMSubfolder: Home - Date Modified 7/3/2023 2:19 PMSubfolder: Miscellaneous - Date Modified 7/22/2021 11:44AMSubfolder:...
  9. How do I print out the list of files in the folder AND their associated Dates Modified?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I print out the list of files in the folder AND their associated Dates Modified?: In File Explorer Windows 11 pro: How do I print out the list of files in the folder AND their associated Dates Modified? I know how to Ctrl A to select the files, use Copy Path to copy them, and Ctrl V to paste the results into Word or Excel, but that only gives me the file...
  10. How do I print out the list of files in the folder AND their associated Dates Modified?

How do I print out the list of files in the folder AND their associated Dates Modified?: In File Explorer Windows 11 pro: How do I print out the list of files in the folder AND their associated Dates Modified? I know how to Ctrl A to select the files, use Copy Path to copy them, and Ctrl V to paste the results into Word or Excel, but that only gives me the file...