Windows 10: Modify RDP account mail

Discus and support Modify RDP account mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I would like to change the email associated with my Microsoft account.Currently, this email is used for logging in here, accessing my machine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by fred41, Nov 24, 2023.

1. fred41 Win User

Modify RDP account mail

Hello,I would like to change the email associated with my Microsoft account.Currently, this email is used for logging in here, accessing my machine with RDP, and backing up my Windows data on Microsoft servers I believe... I don't pay a subscription, and I haven't needed to reinstall my system yet.I want to change the email used for RDP and data backup. If I'm not mistaken, these are not separable anyway.But, of course, I wouldn't want to be locked out of my computer.What is the correct procedure?Thank you.

:)

fred41, Nov 24, 2023

2. Microsoft Account and Authentication during RDP

Hello, trying to RDP to my windows 10 (fall creators update) via RDP but the RDP client always fails with invalid credential.

I have tried the combinations:

• Microsoft account primary alias and Microsoft account password
    • Local username associated with my Microsoft account and Microsoft account password
    Neither is accepted for sign in. I have Mobile sign in enabled on my account so I technically never entered my password here.

Lambros Vasiliou, Nov 24, 2023
  3. birosh Win User
    RDP to non-admin account not working

I can RDP to an account that is an admin account but not to a non-admin account.
    I have read to check the users and make sure the appropriate accounts have been added to the user list but the option to view or edit the user list is missing from my settings window:

Modify RDP account mail 83392d1485967785t-rdp-non-admin-account-not-working-untitled.jpg

[Advanced Button:]

Modify RDP account mail 83393d1485967785t-rdp-non-admin-account-not-working-untitled.jpg

is there something I can check/change in the reg editor or in group policies or something to make this appear or perhaps just to enable it directly for that account?
    For reference this appears the same if I'm logged in as admin or as non-admin. (have to give admin privileges anyway to see this window in the first place)
    Thanks to anyone who can help

birosh, Nov 24, 2023
  4. Modify RDP account mail

Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are trying to add Yahoo/Gmail email account in Mail app.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 currently installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the Version of Mail app installed?
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft Antivirus/security program installed?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that helps.

Steps to add Yahoo email in Mail app.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.
    2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box
    3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.
    4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2

Steps to add Gmail email in Mail app

Step 1: Connect your Google account to PC

1. Go to the Security section of your Google account
    2. Under Connected
      apps
      and sites, go to Apps
      connected to your account
    3. Make sure that Windows is on the list

Step 2: Enable IMAP on your Google account

1. Sign in to Gmail
    2. Click the gear in the top right
    3. Select Settings
    4. Click Forwarding
      and POP/IMAP

5. Select Enable IMAP
    6. Click Save Changes

Step 3: Add Gmail account.

1. Open Mail app.
    2. Click on the gear icon to open settings.
    3. Click on Manage account.
    4. Click on Add account.
    5. Now select Google and check if you are able to add the account.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 24, 2023
Thema:

Modify RDP account mail

1. Modify RDP account mail - Similar Threads - Modify RDP account

2. Modify RDP account mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modify RDP account mail: Hello,I would like to change the email associated with my Microsoft account.Currently, this email is used for logging in here, accessing my machine with RDP, and backing up my Windows data on Microsoft servers I believe... I don't pay a subscription, and I haven't needed to...
  3. Modify account name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modify account name: Hi,I installed windows 11 from scratch on my Pc, and I logged with my microsoft account in the initial phase. I had no prompt for "username", and now it is a "ricca" I'm Riccardo. I actually don't like it, and i already some script based on my actual usernaname the one I had...
  4. Modify account name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modify account name: Hi,I installed windows 11 from scratch on my Pc, and I logged with my microsoft account in the initial phase. I had no prompt for "username", and now it is a "ricca" I'm Riccardo. I actually don't like it, and i already some script based on my actual usernaname the one I had...
  5. Windows Mail app - can default settings be modified?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail app - can default settings be modified?: Microsoft Mail is on laptop running Windows 10To print an email, I:Select print.The Mail Print User Interface comes up. The UI allows me to ModifyPrinterOrientationCopiesPagesDuplex printingPaper sizeMore settings are available to meHit print button - success!Printing Duplex...
  6. Windows Mail app - can default settings be modified?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail app - can default settings be modified?: Microsoft Mail is on laptop running Windows 10To print an email, I:Select print.The Mail Print User Interface comes up. The UI allows me to ModifyPrinterOrientationCopiesPagesDuplex printingPaper sizeMore settings are available to meHit print button - success!Printing Duplex...
  7. Issues modifying account privacy settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Issues modifying account privacy settings: I recently bought Sea of Thieves on Steam. After linking my steam and Microsoft accounts I launched the game to get the Avacadobeard error. From what I read the error is supposed to appear when you try to play the game without an Xbox live membership on Xbox; however, I am on...
  8. Windows Mail app how to modify attachment size

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Mail app how to modify attachment size: Hi, Do you know if there is a way to increase the attachment size for windows 10 mail app ? Perhaps some registry settings ? It looks like the maximum limit is 10 MB. No way to receive or send above that limit. My infrastructure has an exchange 2016 on it and the limits...
  9. Administrator account: Need to modify username.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator account: Need to modify username.: I use a Surface Pro and a Surface. Both have different administrator account names and signin email addresses. I need to modify the Surface so that it uses the same email address and account name as the Pro. Is there a way to do this in Windows 10 without reformating the...
  10. Modify user account name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Modify user account name: Sadly I need to rename my Win 10 user account as a character used in it clashes with a software program. The problem is new to this product version as I have used earlier versions since 2012. How do I go about this since the folder name doesn't change with the user name. I...