Windows 10: Modify "Save As" Choices?

Discus and support Modify "Save As" Choices? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; "Save As" offers: Quick access Desktop Libraries This PC Network However, I find myself frequently navigating from This PC down to my home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JimBowery, Oct 19, 2019.

1. JimBowery Win User

Modify "Save As" Choices?

"Save As" offers:

• Quick access
    • Desktop
    • Libraries
    • This PC
    • Network

However, I find myself frequently navigating from This PC down to my home directory.

The main question I have is:

"How can I put my home directory in this list or at least in Libraries or Quick Access?"

Other curiosities occur to me, the main one being:

This seems to be imposing a different folder structure than the one inherent in the file system. For instance, if one clicks on "This PC", one is presented with this as the "root" folder of the different structure:
    Modify "Save As" Choices? 1c4f0739-5f70-4517-b996-2b9c5938c85d?upload=true.png

Note the "Folders" subwindow. What does "Folders" mean, exactly? Doesn't such a generic name for this particular collection of folders indicate that someone hasn't thought things through -- especially as one's home folder, under which these "Folders" exist, is inaccessible by navigating to them because the uparrow folder icon takes one, not to the home folder but to this folder? I mean, it's like these "Folders" have two parent folders in two different file systems.

:)

JimBowery, Oct 19, 2019
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

Illogical date modified updating

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the modified date is just as important as the created date within the metadata of a given file. We will look into this for you.
    However, in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the build of Windows 10 running on your system?
    2. Was there any major change or an update on your system prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. Is the issue only with the pictures taken from the camera or the other pictures and files within the system as well?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it is helpful to you.

Method 1: Enable the Date Modified Column in the File Explorer.

To enable the Date modified column within the particular folder, please follow the steps below.

1. Open the Folder in which you wish to see the Date modified column.
    2. Right-click on the
      Header for Name, date, type etc. This will give you a list of columns that can be displayed.
    3. Select the option Date modified, clearing the tick removes that column.
    4. Modify a file and check if it is being reflected in the Date modified column.

If the issue still persists, where you aren’t able to see the value in the Date modified column even after making the changes to the particular file, please follow ‘Method 2’.

Method 2: Create a new user account.

This issue could be due to profile corruption. Hence to eliminate possibilities, I would suggest you to ‘Create
    a local user or administrator account
    ’ and check if the issue persists.

Note:
    You will not see all your files under your default file location. So your data will be saved under C:\users\user_name.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Oct 19, 2019
  3. welcome screen is not asking if i like the spotlight choice

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why your laptop is not asking if you like the spotlight choice might be because the Windows spotlight is not set as your lock screen background. To address this concern, we suggest enabling Windows spotlight as your lock screen
    background. To do so, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Personalization and then select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, click on the drop down menu and make sure to click on Windows spotlight.

If further assistance is needed, don't hesitate to reply on this thread.

Darleen Pen, Oct 19, 2019
  4. Modify "Save As" Choices?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

Modify "Save As" Choices?

1. Modify "Save As" Choices? - Similar Threads - Modify Save Choices

2. Folder choice for snip image save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder choice for snip image save: How can I set my own choice of default folder in which to save the snip image?I usually choose a different folder than the [personal] Screenshots folder, but my system never remembers it....
  3. Folder choice for snip image save

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder choice for snip image save: How can I set my own choice of default folder in which to save the snip image?I usually choose a different folder than the [personal] Screenshots folder, but my system never remembers it....
  4. Power and Sleep choices will not save

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power and Sleep choices will not save: I select power and sleep settings, which stay at my selection until i shut down and start up again. At that time, the settings default back to 3-4 minutes for each setting, so I have to re-select my preferences again. How can I save my selections?...
  5. Power and Sleep choices will not save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power and Sleep choices will not save: I select power and sleep settings, which stay at my selection until i shut down and start up again. At that time, the settings default back to 3-4 minutes for each setting, so I have to re-select my preferences again. How can I save my selections?...
  6. Power and Sleep choices will not save

7. Cannot modify/save hosts file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot modify/save hosts file: I give up. I have tried everything. I set all the permissions to "Allow" and I don't even remember the default settings of that. I have tried taking ownership of the file. I have tried saving it on my desktop with a different name and copying it back into the etc folder...
  8. Saving files from PHOTO, Video - the only choice is "video file" no other choice

Saving files from PHOTO, Video - the only choice is "video file" no other choice: How do I save a trimmed MP4 file I made in PHOTO... The only choice when I click Finish/Export is Video File and this I don't know how to convert. All instructions on the web I can find suggest that MP4 should also be an option for me when I export, but it isn't. Please...
  9. When downloading something why there is no choice for "save as"?

in Browsers and Email
    When downloading something why there is no choice for "save as"?: I noticed when I try to open some attachments, I get downloaded and then opens. I am not presented with a choice as in the other OS; "Save As". Am I missing some thing in here? Regards 12254
  10. Modify & save hosts file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Modify & save hosts file: I have 2 machines: Win10 & WinXP. For some reason, my hosts file on my Win10 machine listed Windows 10 Help Forums as 127.0.0.1. I don't know how this happened & I have not been able to delete that entry & save the hosts file in Windows/Drivers/etc. How can I give myself...