Windows 10: Modify this .reg to take ownership of just the drive?

Discus and support Modify this .reg to take ownership of just the drive? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So im trying to polish off a big ole fancy context menu and I want to add the ability to take ownership of a drive (non system ofc) the conventional... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by klepp0906, Apr 1, 2020.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Modify this .reg to take ownership of just the drive?

So im trying to polish off a big ole fancy context menu and I want to add the ability to take ownership of a drive (non system ofc)

the conventional

Code:
    acts recursively and will begin to murder everything beneath it.

I'd like to make it tantamount to

Code:
    but for taking ownership. I dont know if its as simple as using

Code:
    instead. Or if the /t and /l switch need to be removed as well. Given the sensitivity, I'd prefer defer to the professionals Modify this .reg to take ownership of just the drive? :)

:)

klepp0906, Apr 1, 2020
  2. klepp0906 Win User

yea i want the context menu due to it being the last piece of a "suite" or "flyout" style context menu that handles ownership commands in their entirety (at least for my use case) with files, folders, and drives. I'd hate to have to turn to another medium for that 1 command.

klepp0906, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Location is not available F:/ is not accessible. Access is denied. External hard drive

Hi,

Most of the time, when your external hard drive shows that error message, it suggests that you don’t have the privilege of accessing to the disk partition. We need to get a permit to take ownership of the drive. Follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click your hard drive, then select Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click Advanced, then select Edit.
    • On the Owner tab, modify the ownership of the specified account.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Martin Bar, Apr 1, 2020
  4. JT81 Win User

How to edit/modify reg in WM device

May I check how do i go about edit or modify the windows reg in my wins mobile 6.1 device?

Any reference for me?

Joe

JT81, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Modify this .reg to take ownership of just the drive? - Similar Threads - Modify reg ownership

2. No option to take ownership

in Windows 10 Support
    No option to take ownership: Hi, Win10 Ver 1909 Build 18363.1198 I have folder icons that look like this: [img] All folders with the arrow, return '... Application Data is not accessible . Access Denied" when accessed. I don't have context menu that offers take owner ship. I've run...
  3. take ownership of hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    take ownership of hard drive: Hi guys, I've been denied access on an external hard disk so I tried to take ownership but it won't let me do it. It says it is unable to set new owner as there is not enough space on the disk. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you...
  4. Modifying Registry with "reg" file

in Windows 10 Support
    Modifying Registry with "reg" file: I exported a HKCU key and saved it as a reg file. I now want to import it to another HDD. Prior to doing this I noticed the properties list in the Receiving system: 1) Contains the same list of items BUT 2) Are in a different order than the exported file. What to confirm...
  5. Modify this .reg to take ownership of just the drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Modify this .reg to take ownership of just the drive?: So im trying to polish off a big ole fancy context menu and I want to add the ability to take ownership of a drive (non system ofc) the conventional Code: @="powershell -windowstyle hidden -command \"Start-Process cmd -ArgumentList '/c takeown /f \\\"%1\\\" /r /d y &&...
  6. Take ownership

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Take ownership: Is there an easy way to take ownership of files or folders so they can be deleted. I want to delete Windows.old and some of the Wallpapers I have added to windows 10. Thanks 139644
  7. Take ownership

in Windows 10 Support
    Take ownership: Is there an easy way to take ownership of files or folders so they can be deleted. I want to delete Windows.old and some of the Wallpapers I have added to windows 10. Thanks 139644
  8. Tried taking ownership of a drive but access denied

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Tried taking ownership of a drive but access denied: I typed a command in administrator Command Prompt icacls "full path of folder or drive" /setowner "user name" /T /C Because I wanted full access and ownership of my drive, so I followed this fourm Change Owner of File, Folder, Drive, or Registry Key in Windows 10 |...
  9. Tried taking ownership of a drive but access denied

in Windows 10 Support
    Tried taking ownership of a drive but access denied: I typed a command in administrator Command Prompt icacls "full path of folder or drive" /setowner "user name" /T /C Because I wanted full access and ownership of my drive, so I followed this fourm Change Owner of File, Folder, Drive, or Registry Key in Windows 10 |...
  10. Can't take ownership of external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't take ownership of external hard drive: I have an external hard drive and when i try to open it, it says access denied.. when i try to see the ownership, it says unable to determine owner. When i try to change the ownership through various methods like cmd promp takeown or by going to the properties of the drive,...