Windows 10: Modify Title of Context Menu Item

Discus and support Modify Title of Context Menu Item in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have customized my context menus a bit, so I am familiar with some aspects (registry locations, apps to do that), but I have one hope to modify the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Phil Lloyd, May 28, 2018.

1. Phil Lloyd Win User

Modify Title of Context Menu Item

I have customized my context menus a bit, so I am familiar with some aspects (registry locations, apps to do that), but I have one hope to modify the title of existing context menu items.
    I would like to simply shorten some titles to make the right-click context menu narrower.

If it is too difficult I might instead try to remove the items and recreate them myself under the "sendto" category or my own added category.

I would rather just alter the titles of some if not too difficult, but none of the programs i have checked out seem to give access to that and I have been unable to find any place in the registry to modify some.
    I seem to recall modifying a couple some years ago, but things have changed..

Any tips?

:)

Phil Lloyd, May 28, 2018
  2. Crazy IT Dude Win User

Add or Remove Start Context menu items

Nyima,

I was not asking about adding and removing regular app items to the start menu, but rather adding or removing items from the Context Menu (Win+X). Specifically, I would like to add the Devices and Printers item to the list.

Thank you for the response.

Crazy IT Dude, May 29, 2018
  3. Just give me the location please. Win User
    Issue with opening properties in context menu

Original Title: properties

My properties cannot be opened in context menu. Give me a step by step fix, please.

Just give me the location please., May 29, 2018
Thema:

Modify Title of Context Menu Item

1. Modify Title of Context Menu Item - Similar Threads - Modify Title Context

2. How to remove context menu items from shell?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove context menu items from shell?: I want to remove the following three items only (marked with red x). [img] 115171
  3. Modify Context Menu Item Title

in Windows 10 Customization
    Modify Context Menu Item Title: I have customized my context menus a bit, so I am familiar with some aspects (registry locations, apps to do that), but I have one hope to modify the title of existing context menu items. I would like to simply shorten some titles to make the right-click context menu...
  4. How do you remove items from a context menu?

How do you remove items from a context menu?: Some installed programs have inserted items on my context menu that appears when I right-click on e.g., a folder. How do I remove the unwanted items? [img] 65071
  5. Arranging Context Menu Items.

Arranging Context Menu Items.: I spent yesterday fiddling with my context menu (Right-Click Menu). I downloaded and installed nearly a dozen different apps/programs. I settled on a couple and went to work adding commands. Here's the problem: Once the items show up in the Context/Right Click menu, there's...
  6. Help with Windows Media Player context menu items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with Windows Media Player context menu items: After my recent reinstallation of Windows 10, I no longer get the context menu options "Play with Windows Media Player" and "Add to Windows Media Player List" when I right click a folder containing videos which is set as "Videos" in the customization tab. I've had those...
  7. A lot of items in context menu suddenly went missing

in Windows 10 Support
    A lot of items in context menu suddenly went missing: Short version: Title Long version: Also title. And I checked inside Programs and Features to see if any programs did this. Only Adobe Flash Player + Firefox + Avast updating themselves, and I installed K-Lite and WinCDEmu. Pretty sure K-Lite was not the problem. WinCDEmu...
  8. How do I add an item to the SEND TO context menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I add an item to the SEND TO context menu?: Lets say I right-click a folder in Windows Explorer. I want to be able to Send To -> My_Program When I Send To, can I assume that the item clicked is sent in variable %1 ? 65257
  9. Context menu of Recent item of pinned taskbar missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Context menu of Recent item of pinned taskbar missing: So this happened to me quite recently, the context menu of recent items from pinned taskbar items is blank now. I did not install anything new recently too, I have tried disabling context menu that are not from Windows using CCleaner's tool and also shexview but still can't...
  10. Windows 10 blank context menu on pinned items (taskbar)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 blank context menu on pinned items (taskbar): Hello there! I have Windows 10 (64-bit) with last updates. Everything worked well, but once I noticed that shortcut «WIN + S» (start search) doesn't work ;( Then, i try to remove some pinned items from explorer (on taksbar), but get blank context menu ;((( Screenshot →...