Modify Title of Context Menu Item

Discus and support Modify Title of Context Menu Item in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I have customized my context menus a bit, so I am familiar with some aspects (registry locations, apps to do that), but I have one hope to modify the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Phil Lloyd, May 28, 2018.

1. Phil Lloyd Win User

I have customized my context menus a bit, so I am familiar with some aspects (registry locations, apps to do that), but I have one hope to modify the title of existing context menu items.
    I would like to simply shorten some titles to make the right-click context menu narrower.

If it is too difficult I might instead try to remove the items and recreate them myself under the "sendto" category or my own added category.

I would rather just alter the titles of some if not too difficult, but none of the programs i have checked out seem to give access to that and I have been unable to find any place in the registry to modify some.
    I seem to recall modifying a couple some years ago, but things have changed..

Any tips?

:)

Phil Lloyd, May 28, 2018
  2. Crazy IT Dude Win User

Add or Remove Start Context menu items

Nyima,

I was not asking about adding and removing regular app items to the start menu, but rather adding or removing items from the Context Menu (Win+X). Specifically, I would like to add the Devices and Printers item to the list.

Thank you for the response.

Crazy IT Dude, May 29, 2018
  3. Just give me the location please. Win User
    Issue with opening properties in context menu

Original Title: properties

My properties cannot be opened in context menu. Give me a step by step fix, please.

Just give me the location please., May 29, 2018
Thema:

Modify Title of Context Menu Item - Similar Threads - Modify Title Context

1. Modify Context Menu Item Title

in Windows 10 Customization
    Modify Context Menu Item Title: I have customized my context menus a bit, so I am familiar with some aspects (registry locations, apps to do that), but I have one hope to modify the title of existing context menu items. I would like to simply shorten some titles to make the right-click context menu...
  2. Modifying system files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Modifying system files: In 7, I was able to remove the Ease Of Access & Shut Down buttons from the Logon screen by editing the authui.dll file. Change the Welcome & Shutting Down text by editing the winlogon.exe.mui & wininit.exe.mui files. Remove the Get Help button from Windows Explorer by editing...
  3. Modify & save hosts file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Modify & save hosts file: I have 2 machines: Win10 & WinXP. For some reason, my hosts file on my Win10 machine listed Windows 10 Help Forums as 127.0.0.1. I don't know how this happened & I have not been able to delete that entry & save the hosts file in Windows/Drivers/etc. How can I give myself...
  4. One sub folder in Hive HKEY_CURRENT_USER wont save modify since update

in Windows 10 Support
    One sub folder in Hive HKEY_CURRENT_USER wont save modify since update: Hey All - Any sage advice your have, I'll take it. I've been an avid Win 8.1 user for years, refusing to upgrade just because of stories I had heard. Well OK, also because I just liked 8.1. Certainly not because I don't like change, NOPE! Fine, I admit I don't like emoji's, I...
  5. Modify windows 10 partitions?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Modify windows 10 partitions?: My win10 was upgrated from win7 where some how got 3 partitions Code: DISKPART> list disk Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt -------- ------------- ------- ------- --- --- Disk 0 Online 298 GB 117 GBDISKPART> select disk 0Disk 0 is now the selected disk.DISKPART> list...
  6. Replace 'Date' with 'Date Modified'

in Windows 10 Support
    Replace 'Date' with 'Date Modified': I've been reasonably successful in replacing the default Date column with Date Modified in folders. But how do I do the same for Open, and 'Save as' browse dialogs please? Terry, East Grinstead, UK 106823
  7. NotePad Modifies My Files

in Windows 10 Support
    NotePad Modifies My Files: When I type something on the NotePad and save it then open the file I see the characters "ı" turn to "i"? How to fix? I want Turkish Language characters. 103234