Windows 10: Modify Title of Context Menu Item

Discus and support Modify Title of Context Menu Item in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have customized my context menus a bit, so I am familiar with some aspects (registry locations, apps to do that), but I have one hope to modify the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Phil Lloyd, May 28, 2018.

1. Modify Title of Context Menu Item

I have customized my context menus a bit, so I am familiar with some aspects (registry locations, apps to do that), but I have one hope to modify the title of existing context menu items.
    I would like to simply shorten some titles to make the right-click context menu narrower.

If it is too difficult I might instead try to remove the items and recreate them myself under the "sendto" category or my own added category.

I would rather just alter the titles of some if not too difficult, but none of the programs i have checked out seem to give access to that and I have been unable to find any place in the registry to modify some.
    I seem to recall modifying a couple some years ago, but things have changed..

Any tips?

:)

Phil Lloyd, May 28, 2018

2. Add or Remove Start Context menu items

Nyima,

I was not asking about adding and removing regular app items to the start menu, but rather adding or removing items from the Context Menu (Win+X). Specifically, I would like to add the Devices and Printers item to the list.

Thank you for the response.

Crazy IT Dude, May 29, 2018
  3. Issue with opening properties in context menu

Original Title: properties

My properties cannot be opened in context menu. Give me a step by step fix, please.

Just give me the location please., May 29, 2018
Thema:

Modify Title of Context Menu Item

1. Modify Title of Context Menu Item - Similar Threads - Modify Title Context

2. Personalize context menu item not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personalize context menu item not working: Hello. This weird thing has been happening where if I right-click on the desktop and select "Personalize", I get this error:It appears some program has overwritten the action for the context item, and I can't figure out how to change it back. Not even scouring the Internet...
  3. Missing items in context menu

Missing items in context menu: I've noticed that when ever I right click on my Desktop: no longer have nvidia control panel as an option Files: no winrar options like add to archive Certain games: no locale emulator -> run in Japanese There's most likely other stuff missing from context menu too I just...
  4. Adding items to the New context menu.

Adding items to the New context menu.: I have been trying to get a .php file in the new context menu with no luck. Even without the template file, it still does not work. Does anyone have any idea on how to do this? I have followed several procedures and none of them work. Windows 10 Pro RTM x64 V.2004 165692
  5. Word Context Menu Item Missing

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word Context Menu Item Missing: Hello I am having a problem related to the above topic. My menu entry for the Word Document is missing from the context menu. The registry key is there, but the menu entry is not. I am using the Office 365 x64 version. [img] I already wrote here but did not arrive at a...
  6. Adding an item to the new context menu.

Adding an item to the new context menu.: I am looking for a way to add a new item to the new context menu. The item in question is a .php file, with an associated template file. I've been tinkering around with the registry trying to get it to work, but nothing seems to be working. All the old methods no longer...
  7. Unwanted Context menu item

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted Context menu item: Hello to everybody! I would like some help with a Context menu item that I can't get rid of. Since I tried an application (Master PDF Editor 5), the item ''Open with Master PDF Editor 5'' has been added to the Context menu. When I right click on a pdf file, I see this item...
  8. Modify context menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Modify context menu: How can I add a program to a right click context menu for a jpg file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/modify-context-menu/7da6e396-9ff5-4f18-a630-cf58e054c122"
  9. Modify Context Menu Item Title

Modify Context Menu Item Title: I have customized my context menus a bit, so I am familiar with some aspects (registry locations, apps to do that), but I have one hope to modify the title of existing context menu items. I would like to simply shorten some titles to make the right-click context menu...
  10. Arranging Context Menu Items.

Arranging Context Menu Items.: I spent yesterday fiddling with my context menu (Right-Click Menu). I downloaded and installed nearly a dozen different apps/programs. I settled on a couple and went to work adding commands. Here's the problem: Once the items show up in the Context/Right Click menu, there's...