Modify Title of Context Menu Item

Discus and support Modify Title of Context Menu Item in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have customized my context menus a bit, so I am familiar with some aspects (registry locations, apps to do that), but I have one hope to modify the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Phil Lloyd, May 28, 2018.

1. Phil Lloyd Win User

I have customized my context menus a bit, so I am familiar with some aspects (registry locations, apps to do that), but I have one hope to modify the title of existing context menu items.
    I would like to simply shorten some titles to make the right-click context menu narrower.

If it is too difficult I might instead try to remove the items and recreate them myself under the "sendto" category or my own added category.

I would rather just alter the titles of some if not too difficult, but none of the programs i have checked out seem to give access to that and I have been unable to find any place in the registry to modify some.
    I seem to recall modifying a couple some years ago, but things have changed..

Any tips?

:)

Phil Lloyd, May 28, 2018
  2. Crazy IT Dude Win User

Add or Remove Start Context menu items

Nyima,

I was not asking about adding and removing regular app items to the start menu, but rather adding or removing items from the Context Menu (Win+X). Specifically, I would like to add the Devices and Printers item to the list.

Thank you for the response.

Crazy IT Dude, May 29, 2018
  3. Just give me the location please. Win User
    Issue with opening properties in context menu

Original Title: properties

My properties cannot be opened in context menu. Give me a step by step fix, please.

Just give me the location please., May 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Modify Title of Context Menu Item - Similar Threads - Modify Title Context

2. Onedrive syncing new or deleted files but not modified files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive syncing new or deleted files but not modified files: Hello I've recently started using Onedrive - not sure it was a good idea! It's syncing ok when I add or delete files but not when I simply modify a file eg open a file with Excel make a change and close the file. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Steve...
  3. All apps in Start menu missing some links/app

in Windows 10 Customization
    All apps in Start menu missing some links/app: To start some apps I put my personal links in a folder created in "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs". For example as administrator in DOS box md "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\My_Apps" copy *.lnk...
  4. Start Menu and Administrator Login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu and Administrator Login: I have the latest version of windows 10 installed on my pc. It does not show start menu on clicking so i cant open settings. I cant fix this issue because Im the only user to operate this pc but im not the administrator. Please help me how to become administrator so that i...
  5. Single monitor=no transparency in Start menu on dual monitor system

Single monitor=no transparency in Start menu on dual monitor system: Hello, I can't find any information about this one so here it goes. My Windows 10 is a dual monitor system and I don't get this problem when both monitors are enabled but when I game I disable the secondary display and then on the primary display the Start menu will lose...
  6. Windows 10 start menu and notifications not working

Windows 10 start menu and notifications not working: WIndows 10 start menu and notifications menu not working when I left click on them. also some apps in my task bar begin to open and then immediately close when I try to open them. I have only had this problem for about a day. How should I go about fixing this issue?...
  7. Microsoft Store and Maps live tiles in Start Menu are ON, but they are not doing anything.

Microsoft Store and Maps live tiles in Start Menu are ON, but they are not doing anything.: Brand new laptop. New Win10 install. All the latest updates. Microsoft Store and Maps live tiles set to ON, but they sit there doing nothing. How do I fix this?...
  8. No apps are being displayed in the start menu in the latest Windows 10(April update) ?

No apps are being displayed in the start menu in the latest Windows 10(April update) ?: SEE THIS what is this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/no-apps-are-being-displayed-in-the-start-menu-in/4bb2a226-dc04-4e4e-958c-2334b3a86cc3
  9. How to Change Color of Windows Photo Viewer Menu

How to Change Color of Windows Photo Viewer Menu: I am looking for a way to change the color of Windows Photo viewer's menu options. Is it possible to customize it via a custom theme, Or can it be done by registry or by modifying photo viewer dll file. [img] 116199
  10. windows menu and emails not opening

windows menu and emails not opening: Hi there my windows menu will not open even if i click the windows key, my emails and windows store are also not opening... i have ran powershell but nothing seemed to be wrong...