Windows 10: Modifying dedicated vram

Discus and support Modifying dedicated vram in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like to know if it is possible to modify the vram (video random access memory) on a Toshiba Satellite (C50t-A) using the UEFI running on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Medyen, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Medyen Win User

Modifying dedicated vram

I would like to know if it is possible to modify the vram (video random access memory) on a Toshiba Satellite (C50t-A) using the UEFI running on Windows 10 Enterprise. My total available graphics memory is 1792 mb, while dedicated video memory is only 32 mb. I would like to increase it to at least 256 mb, if not more to be able to properly run certain softwares without any errors.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Medyen, Feb 27, 2019

2. Will program work with Dedicated vram increase?

Im looking to buy/use Pinnacle Studio with a new laptop that has 128gb vram. I increased the dedicated vram to 1280 gb. I’d like to run Pinnacle Studio on it which requires 256gb of vram. Will i be ok to buy the program and run it? Or will the dedicated
    vram loophole not work since the 256 gb vram is a system requirement to use the program?

thanks for any assistance

djknightrida, Feb 27, 2019
  3. VRAM in Intel HD Graphics 3000 (lenovo Ideapad Z370)

Hi,

Since there's no option on BIOS to modify the VRAM on your computer, we recommend that you contact your device manufacturer for alternative and advanced steps on how to modify the VRAM. Your device manufacturer might have a different way on how to access
    the correct settings.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Gerard Qui, Feb 27, 2019
  4. Ivan G G Win User

Modifying dedicated vram

Dedicated, virtual and shared video memory

I trust GPU-Z .

Dedicated GPUs have dedicated VRAM and dynamically allocated in system RAM when dedicated VRAM is not enough . Transfers are done via PCI-E interface . iGPUs have only dynamically allocated sys RAM . I have heard Intel is gonna roll out a chip with dedicated
    VRAM along with Radeon iGPU

My guess is :

GTX 960M 2GB dedicated VRAM + 2GB shared/dynamically allocated in sys RAM

Ivan G G, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

Modifying dedicated vram

1. Modifying dedicated vram - Similar Threads - Modifying dedicated vram

2. How To Increase Dedicated VRAM On My PC ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Increase Dedicated VRAM On My PC ?: Hello, I'm Here To Know How Do I Increase Dedicated VRAM On My PC?Previously, I asked a question on how to degrade my Windows 11 to a dual-boot with Windows 11 and Windows 7,Because Windows 11 Literally Eats 50% Of RAM At RestI have tried some fixes like editing the Registry,...
  3. I can't increase my dedicated VRAM.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't increase my dedicated VRAM.: Lately, i reinstalled my windows 10, i installed fifa 19, when i run it, an error appears saying that i need to make sure that my dedicated video RAM is at least 1024mb, when checked it out, i found out that it was 0mb, i tried everything to increase it, nothing worked.In my...
  4. Increasing dedicated vram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Increasing dedicated vram: Hi I wanted to increase the vram on my laptop Intel r Xe Graphics tried going to the bios to increase didn't see the option tried from registry didn't work either and I have 8gb of ram...
  5. Increasing dedicated vram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Increasing dedicated vram: Hi I wanted to increase the vram on my laptop Intel r Xe Graphics tried going to the bios to increase didn't see the option tried from registry didn't work either and I have 8gb of ram...
  6. 128 Dedicated VRAM set when I have Nvidia GEFORCE GTM 540M with 2GB dedicated VRAM?

in Windows 10 Customization
    128 Dedicated VRAM set when I have Nvidia GEFORCE GTM 540M with 2GB dedicated VRAM?: Hello, this is actually weird but I have Nvidia GEFORCE GTM 540M with 2GB dedicated VRAM and when I look It just show me that I have only 128vram set, please help me. I actually don't know what to do bout' this....
  7. allocating dedicated vram on intel HD graphics

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    allocating dedicated vram on intel HD graphics: Hi, I tried to allocate 1024 mb of dedicated vram to my intel HD 4400 graphics, but when i changed the value in the registry editor and restarted my computer it showed me that I only allocated 576mb. How do I allocate more? specs system: toshiba satellite E45-B4200 CPU:...
  8. Allocating RAM as dedicated VRAM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allocating RAM as dedicated VRAM?: I'm currently wrestling with Monster Hunter: World, trying to force it to behave and run properly. The issue is that I'm playing at 1440P with the HD texture pack, which requires just shy of 8GB of Vram... My card is a 2060, which means I have only 6Gb. The good news is...
  9. Dedicated vram is not increasing after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dedicated vram is not increasing after update: Am using asus laptop and I was happily playing heavy games on it but after the windows update am unable to increase the vram before I used to increase it 512 mb but now it just showing 128 mb and while playing games like gta 5 it lags please anyone help...
  10. Will program work with Dedicated vram increase?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Will program work with Dedicated vram increase?: Im looking to buy/use Pinnacle Studio with a new laptop that has 128gb vram. I increased the dedicated vram to 1280 gb. I’d like to run Pinnacle Studio on it which requires 256gb of vram. Will i be ok to buy the program and run it? Or will the dedicated vram loophole not work...