Windows 10: Modifying the locale's collation order

Discus and support Modifying the locale's collation order in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The collation order is what determines which order letters come in. For example if you set your locale to Spanish, the letter Ñ will sort as a separate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Liggliluff, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Modifying the locale's collation order

The collation order is what determines which order letters come in. For example if you set your locale to Spanish, the letter Ñ will sort as a separate letter after N, whilst set to English, Ñ will sort as it was N.

Windows does give a few options for some languages, such as if Spanish should sort CH, LL and Ñ as separate letters (traditional), or just Ñ (international). But I want to modify this myself, and make a variant that is not available to select.

As an example, I want to modify the Spanish collation order, and change one line of code to the following: &N<ñ<<<Ñ<<<ny<<<Ny<<<NY where the combination "ny" will be treated as if it was an Ñ.

I have read up on how collation orders work, so I do not need help with that. I just need to know where in Windows I should go to modify it. I'm fine with it just being temporary (until the locale is changed) or modifying it permanently (overriding that locale).

submitted by /u/Liggliluff
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Liggliluff, Apr 9, 2020
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

Illogical date modified updating

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the modified date is just as important as the created date within the metadata of a given file. We will look into this for you.
    However, in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the build of Windows 10 running on your system?
    2. Was there any major change or an update on your system prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. Is the issue only with the pictures taken from the camera or the other pictures and files within the system as well?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it is helpful to you.

Method 1: Enable the Date Modified Column in the File Explorer.

To enable the Date modified column within the particular folder, please follow the steps below.

1. Open the Folder in which you wish to see the Date modified column.
    2. Right-click on the
      Header for Name, date, type etc. This will give you a list of columns that can be displayed.
    3. Select the option Date modified, clearing the tick removes that column.
    4. Modify a file and check if it is being reflected in the Date modified column.

If the issue still persists, where you aren’t able to see the value in the Date modified column even after making the changes to the particular file, please follow ‘Method 2’.

Method 2: Create a new user account.

This issue could be due to profile corruption. Hence to eliminate possibilities, I would suggest you to ‘Create
    a local user or administrator account
    ’ and check if the issue persists.

Note:
    You will not see all your files under your default file location. So your data will be saved under C:\users\user_name.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Apr 9, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Modifying the locale's collation order

Change Wireless Network Connection Priority Order in Windows 10

Hello Denis, Modifying the locale's collation order :)

The command in step 2 of Option Two should show your wireless networks listed in priority order. Top of the list is higher.

Brink, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Modifying the locale's collation order

1. Modifying the locale's collation order - Similar Threads - Modifying locale's collation

2. SQL Server 2012 Collation Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SQL Server 2012 Collation Error: The query:USE vPICList_lite;SELECT *FROM ABS runs correctly in SQL Server 2012The query:[dbo].[spVinDecode] @v = N'3VWRF81H2WM128705'returns:Msg 468, Level 16, State 9, Procedure spVinDecode, Line 282Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Latin1_General_CI_AS" and...
  3. SQL Server 2012 Collation Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SQL Server 2012 Collation Error: The query:USE vPICList_lite;SELECT *FROM ABS runs correctly in SQL Server 2012The query:[dbo].[spVinDecode] @v = N'3VWRF81H2WM128705'returns:Msg 468, Level 16, State 9, Procedure spVinDecode, Line 282Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Latin1_General_CI_AS" and...
  4. SQL Server 2012 Collation Error

5. How to modify search order for ALL folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to modify search order for ALL folders: What I mean by this is when you right-click in a folder, there is an option "More" By default, the only time-based sorting is data modified which takes very long, sometimes half a minute and from what I read is this because it opens every file, the better alternative that I...
  6. How to modify search order for ALL folders

How to modify search order for ALL folders: What I mean by this is when you right-click in a folder, there is an option "More" By default, the only time-based sorting is data modified which takes very long, sometimes half a minute and from what I read is this because it opens every file, the better alternative that I...
  7. How to modify search order for ALL folders

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Can't find old emails to collate

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find old emails to collate: I'm really struggling with windows 10, I can't seem to find some really important emails, all from the same company but different individuals. Can anybody help with how to collate them so I can file in a folder all together? My email is not an outlook one. Patsy...
  9. Collating addresses in Thunderbird

in Browsers and Email
    Collating addresses in Thunderbird: WINDOWS 10 Version 1909 - Build 18363.778 ===================================== I cannot remember ever doing this before and am in a complete muddle - do not know how to get help from the Thunderbird support Forum or here - there must be a tutorial already for dopes like...
  10. Set Date Modified to be in descending Date Order

in Windows 10 Support
    Set Date Modified to be in descending Date Order: I would like to set the default for date modified to be in descending date order highest to lowest date in all folder and sub-folders It would be appreciated if someone could assist me 150407