Windows 10: Modifying the Navigation Pane in Explorer

Discus and support Modifying the Navigation Pane in Explorer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This my Navigation Pane in File Explorer. It has 3 sections: the 2nd section is called "Quick Access". I don't know what sections 1 and 3 are called,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pjs1, May 26, 2023.

1. pjs1 Win User

Modifying the Navigation Pane in Explorer

This my Navigation Pane in File Explorer. It has 3 sections: the 2nd section is called "Quick Access". I don't know what sections 1 and 3 are called, but they are not helpful.How do I remove sections 1 and 3 from the Navigation Pane?I assume it's some registry setting that needs to be modifying.

:)

2. Modify Navigation Pane

Thank you, sorry it has taken so long to follow up.

The suggested actions did not resolve the problem. I want to add/remove items from the navigation pane (left hand side) of a windows explorer window. When I reset the folders, it did remove my libraries from the navigation pane; which I expected. They
    are not hard to get back so that is not an issue.

The current issue is I want to remove "Dropbox" from the navigation pane. More fundamentally, I want the ability to remove or add items to the navigation pane.

Matthew H Stockton, May 26, 2023
  3. Modify Navigation Pane

Way to not read the original question carefully. Typical of anyone claiming they provide support.

The REAL answer is:

This can only be done via editing the registry. The values are not intuative to find, especially for third-party apps like Dropbox, Adobe Creative Clod, etc. all of which add an entry to the navigation pane without asking.

You can find the registry paths for the build-in entries, like OneDrive here:

[Windows 10 Tip] Remove Icons from Navigation Pane of This PC

I'm afraid I do not know the registry path for third party apps, but maybe the above link can get you started.

KlytusLord, May 26, 2023
  4. Modifying the Navigation Pane in Explorer

Modify Navigation Pane

I like many things about Windows 10.

One thing I would like to be able to do is remove items from the windows explorer navigation pane. For example, windows has included my "Dropbox" account folder in the navigation pane. I have a dropbox account and yes there is a folder on my PC for that.
    However, I rarely use dropbox (it is a legacy from some folks I used to work with). How can I remove that from the root navigation pane? An alternate question, how does windows decide what to place in the navigation pane?

Matthew H Stockton, May 26, 2023
Thema:

Modifying the Navigation Pane in Explorer

1. Modifying the Navigation Pane in Explorer - Similar Threads - Modifying Navigation Pane

2. Modifying the Navigation Pane in Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modifying the Navigation Pane in Explorer: This my Navigation Pane in File Explorer. It has 3 sections: the 2nd section is called "Quick Access". I don't know what sections 1 and 3 are called, but they are not helpful.How do I remove sections 1 and 3 from the Navigation Pane?I assume it's some registry setting that...
  3. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  4. Dynamic Navigation Pane File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dynamic Navigation Pane File Explorer: Hey guys, I hope everyone is doing well! Quick question, does anyone know how to or rather if there even is a way, to be able to set the navigation pane in File Explorer to dynamically minimize and maximise on mouse hover? I have pined the option to show and hide navigation...
  5. Windows explorer problem - navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows explorer problem - navigation pane: When I opened a folder in Win7 by using a shortcut, the folder was always shown at the top of the navigation pane, so its subfolders were visible below it, and immediately available to open with just a click. In Windows 10, it behaves differently, with the open folder shown...
  6. Windows explorer navigation pane jumping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows explorer navigation pane jumping: The navigation pane in Windows explorer jumps to the opened folder although the Open File Explorer function is set to Quick Access in the General tab and the Expand to Open Folder option in the View tab is not checked. I have seen this issue come up elsewhere but none of...
  7. extra drives in navigation pane of explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    extra drives in navigation pane of explorer: yes , I use "Remove_Drives_from_Navigation_Pane.reg" after every major update puts them back. But I haven't found a good purpose in Microsoft having 2 copies of usb drives there, or putting back with the update. *Sleepy*Biggrin 133192
  8. Expand File Explorer Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Expand File Explorer Navigation Pane: Now and then I want to view the full folder tree in Navigation Pane of File Explorer. There are some options to keep the folder tree open, but most of the time they are a pain in the butt. When I do want the tree visible, I have to go to the root disk and open each parent...
  9. navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    navigation pane: where do I control the navigation pane in w10 113744
  10. Modify Folder Icons Under "This PC" In Explorer/Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    Modify Folder Icons Under "This PC" In Explorer/Navigation Pane: As well directed by Brink I am starting this thread here as I was working off a tutorial with changing Library Icons when this problem came up, for your referencing delight ->> Change Library Icon in Windows 10 I was able to get the library icons changed however I am...