Windows 10: Modifying Windows Firewall

Discus and support Modifying Windows Firewall in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Can I modify my windows Firewall to send ICMP unreachable rather than drop packets? or this is something that is not available in MS windows?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by QmF0bWFuCg==, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Modifying Windows Firewall

Can I modify my windows Firewall to send ICMP unreachable rather than drop packets? or this is something that is not available in MS windows?

:)

QmF0bWFuCg==, Mar 30, 2023

2. Windows Defender uninstalls Google Chrome and it's Modifiers

Hello Sofia,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and we regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

At this point of time I suggest you to try your Windows firewall to make an exception rule. Follow the below steps.

To do so, follow the below steps to add an exception to the firewall list.

• Open Control Panel, and select Windows Firewall. Next click on "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
      in the left pane in the window.
    • To start making changes, you need to click "Change settings" located above the list of apps and features.

Note: that you need to be logged in as an administrator.

Let us know if the above suggestion helps.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 30, 2023
  3. Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Mar 30, 2023
  4. Modifying Windows Firewall

windows firewall question

yes i am sure i am having no issues with a router. this is at my work. and i only have issues with the windows 7 firewall.

as for adding ports, i do it the same as what is listed in your picture.

THRiLL KiLL, Mar 30, 2023
Thema:

Modifying Windows Firewall

1. Modifying Windows Firewall - Similar Threads - Modifying Firewall

2. ‎W11 File Explorer over network Date Modified does not update, must click refresh‎

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ‎W11 File Explorer over network Date Modified does not update, must click refresh‎: In Windows 11, 23H2 and 22H2, if a user has file explorer open to a network location, sorted by Date Modified, opens an older office file Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc., modifies that file, and saves, file explorer will not update to show the updated modified date and new sort...
  3. ‎W11 File Explorer over network Date Modified does not update, must click refresh‎

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ‎W11 File Explorer over network Date Modified does not update, must click refresh‎: In Windows 11, 23H2 and 22H2, if a user has file explorer open to a network location, sorted by Date Modified, opens an older office file Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc., modifies that file, and saves, file explorer will not update to show the updated modified date and new sort...
  4. How can I change it so that I have permission to open/modify any file on my Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change it so that I have permission to open/modify any file on my Windows?: I recently got a 'you don't have permission to view that' when trying to look at a notepad file I'd downloaded with a game and it made me mad. How can I indefinitely change it so this never happens again? Mind you I've tried quite a many things over the course of 12 or so...
  5. How can I change it so that I have permission to open/modify any file on my Windows?

How can I change it so that I have permission to open/modify any file on my Windows?: I recently got a 'you don't have permission to view that' when trying to look at a notepad file I'd downloaded with a game and it made me mad. How can I indefinitely change it so this never happens again? Mind you I've tried quite a many things over the course of 12 or so...
  6. Modifying Windows Firewall

Modifying Windows Firewall: Can I modify my windows Firewall to send ICMP unreachable rather than drop packets? or this is something that is not available in MS windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/modifying-windows-firewall/6793fc0b-69fb-4bc9-8cf9-b0a7416ea76e
  7. How to modify existing firewall rule from CMD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to modify existing firewall rule from CMD: Hello,I would like to modify firewall rule in CMD to have unblocked RDP.I have found this command somewhere:netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Open Remote Desktop" protocol=TCP dir=in localport=3389 action=allow profile=domainbut it adds a new rule "Open Remote...
  8. How to modify existing firewall rule from CMD

How to modify existing firewall rule from CMD: Hello,I would like to modify firewall rule in CMD to have unblocked RDP.I have found this command somewhere:netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Open Remote Desktop" protocol=TCP dir=in localport=3389 action=allow profile=domainbut it adds a new rule "Open Remote...
  9. How to modify existing firewall rule from CMD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Windows Firewall rules being modified/added then immediately deleted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Firewall rules being modified/added then immediately deleted: Essentially we have been seeing many different logs for "A rule was modified" EVID 4947 in the Windows Firewall, the rule name and rule ID are GUIDs which lead us to believe the rules being modified weren't initially created by a user. When looking for the modified rule on...