Windows 10: Modules Installer Worker randomly taking up a lot of CPU usage

Discus and support Modules Installer Worker randomly taking up a lot of CPU usage in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've had my PC crash many times while Chrome and Spotify were running so I decided to just leave the Task Manager on at all times so I could check if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Superteletubbies64, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Modules Installer Worker randomly taking up a lot of CPU usage

I've had my PC crash many times while Chrome and Spotify were running so I decided to just leave the Task Manager on at all times so I could check if CPU usage gets to high levels and I found out that the Windows 10 Modules Installer Worker often uses a lot of CPU while it's running. Thanks to the Modules Installer Worker my PC has crashed several times already. If I'm not running Chrome and Spotify while the Modules Installer Worker starts downloading updates then I'm usually fine but if I do, due to Chrome and Spotify using most of the CPU usage and me not being able to close either due to the lag the Modules Installer Worker casues my PC usually crashes. Is there a way to disable the Modules Installer Worker while my PC is currently using a lot of CPU? I know it's supposed to install updates and outright disabling it is a bad idea but I just don't want it to crash my PC all the time. Also I set my PC's use timeto when I usually actually use it but that just blocks my PC from rebooting while it's in use and it doesn't actually block the Modules Installer Worker. And when the Modules Installer Worker actually start that usually means it's too late. Continuously blocking updates for 7 days also doesn't really work. Is there any way to just have the Modules Installer worker activate at will? And how long does it usually take before it's done? Also sorry if this is the wrong sub for asking this

submitted by /u/Superteletubbies64
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Superteletubbies64, Nov 16, 2019
  2. Marie Ave Win User

Windows Modules Installer Worker - high CPU usage

Hi Gregory,

The Windows Modules Installer Worker is a background application that checks for new updates from the Windows server and install them in your computer. It's task takes high usage of CPU that causes load on the system especially when Windows Update is running.

We recommend that you check the following first:

• if your device is running the Scheduled Automatic Maintenance
    • if the Windows Update is running and installing
    You may check the resolution provided by TnTzzz on this thread.

Update us with the results.

Marie Ave, Nov 16, 2019
  3. How to fix high CPU usage by Windows Modules Installer Worker?

Hi Abhilash,

For us to isolate your concern with high CPU usage by Windows Modules Installer Worker, we would like to know the following:

• Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you checked in safe mode if it's the same?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 16, 2019
  4. zarroh Win User

Modules Installer Worker randomly taking up a lot of CPU usage

Windows Module installer worker is constantly running with very high CPU usage .

I'm running Windows 10 Pro

Version 1703

OS Build 15063.540

Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA902

Processor AMD A6-3400M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.4 GHZ

Installed RAM 6.00 GB (5.48 GB usable)

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch No

***Post moved by the Forum Moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

zarroh, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Modules Installer Worker randomly taking up a lot of CPU usage

1. Modules Installer Worker randomly taking up a lot of CPU usage - Similar Threads - Modules Installer Worker

2. Windows Worker Indtaller module Ti Worker high cpu usage malware urgent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Worker Indtaller module Ti Worker high cpu usage malware urgent: Hey,So basically I think I have a malware, it says it's windows updating program and file name is TI WORKER and it says it windows program but I'm unable to stop or do anything it crashes my pc and takes highest around 30-50% of CPU usage and 90% memory and disk and because...
  3. Windows Worker Indtaller module Ti Worker high cpu usage malware urgent

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Worker Indtaller module Ti Worker high cpu usage malware urgent: Hey,So basically I think I have a malware, it says it's windows updating program and file name is TI WORKER and it says it windows program but I'm unable to stop or do anything it crashes my pc and takes highest around 30-50% of CPU usage and 90% memory and disk and because...
  4. TiWorker.exe Windows Modules Installer Worker high CPU/RAM/Disk usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TiWorker.exe Windows Modules Installer Worker high CPU/RAM/Disk usage: Hi, my device is slowing down and the CPU cooler is very loud, I opened the Task Manager and saw Windows Modules Installer Worker using a lot of the CPU, and not that much disk probably because I use an SSD. When running a game, the framerate drops from 240FPS Framerate Per...
  5. TiWorker.exe Windows Modules Installer Worker high CPU/RAM/Disk usage

TiWorker.exe Windows Modules Installer Worker high CPU/RAM/Disk usage: Hi, my device is slowing down and the CPU cooler is very loud, I opened the Task Manager and saw Windows Modules Installer Worker using a lot of the CPU, and not that much disk probably because I use an SSD. When running a game, the framerate drops from 240FPS Framerate Per...
  6. Windows modules installer worker produce high usage cpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows modules installer worker produce high usage cpu: On my desktop pc i have a windows 10 with latest update 2004. a few days ago "from now" i had installed a software called microsoft visual studios 2019 with all its utilities and drivers, i launched it for my learning courses not satisfiyed with the version that i got which...
  7. Why does the Windows Modules Installer Worker require such a high CPU usage?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does the Windows Modules Installer Worker require such a high CPU usage?: This service is a resource hog, and it becomes clearer the older a CPU is. Now, I have laptops from 2008, 2012, 2016 up to 2020. The newer CPUs have no issue with the service, but a simple Windows Update brings the Core 2 Duo T6400 to it's knees. If you skip a couple of...
  8. windows modules installer worker cpu

windows modules installer worker cpu: Is How to Geek a good resource on this topic? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-modules-installer-worker-cpu/41f3d188-1d25-4a61-9a24-519a4a0c785d
  9. Windows Module Installer Worker constant high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Module Installer Worker constant high CPU usage: Hello, I have an HP All-in-one computer model 24-g237c with Windows 10 64-bit. In Task Manager, Windows Module Installer Worker is constantly running at %30 CPU usage. See screenshot below. This happens literally all day, whenever I start my computer. If I try to End Task,...
  10. yet again with high cpu usage post update modules installer worker...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    yet again with high cpu usage post update modules installer worker...: ok, fair warning, there's a bit of a rant in this plea for help, I am THAT frustrated. just received 2017-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4022725) last night, installed it, nothing unusual, eg the usual post update windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows modules installer service changes mode at random 2020