Windows 10: Mom and grandsons profiles switched

Discus and support Mom and grandsons profiles switched in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My mom called me over to her house to try and figure out what was going on with her laptop. She has an Acer laptop running Windows 10. She managed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by theGlasswalker, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Mom and grandsons profiles switched

My mom called me over to her house to try and figure out what was going on with her laptop. She has an Acer laptop running Windows 10. She managed to do something that swapped the user names and e-mail address on her and my nephew's her grandson's accounts on her laptop. She logs onto her account and it comes up with her grandson's desktop, files, etc. Log onto HIS account, her desktop, files, pictures, etc. I have NO idea how this happened or how to correct it. Does anyone have ANY ideas?

Many thanks.

:)

theGlasswalker, Jul 19, 2020

2. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Tenni Win User
    Direct Profile-Switch with shortcut?

tsdiscon ... alright. Thanks *Smile

It's a step closer to my wish.

Just not perfect, yet. I'm still toooo lazy to select the other profile here ;-) winks. But it's closer to my wish.

(I switch my profile sometimes 10-20 times a day between work and private profile)

Tenni, Jul 19, 2020
  4. kormath Win User

Mom and grandsons profiles switched

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Mom and grandsons profiles switched :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Mom and grandsons profiles switched

1. Mom and grandsons profiles switched - Similar Threads - Mom grandsons profiles

2. Galaxy Buds not switching audio profiles Not switching between Headset and Headphones profiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Galaxy Buds not switching audio profiles Not switching between Headset and Headphones profiles: I use my Galaxy Buds+ on my Asus ROG Strix G15 laptop and they have been working fine up until about a week ago.I have spent many hours trawling through troubleshooting guides online and have uninstalled and re-installed all my bluetooth and audio drivers many times, with no...
  3. Galaxy Buds not switching audio profiles Not switching between Headset and Headphones profiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Galaxy Buds not switching audio profiles Not switching between Headset and Headphones profiles: I use my Galaxy Buds+ on my Asus ROG Strix G15 laptop and they have been working fine up until about a week ago.I have spent many hours trawling through troubleshooting guides online and have uninstalled and re-installed all my bluetooth and audio drivers many times, with no...
  4. My mom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mom: Is in prison https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mom/7cb961b7-6625-4ea0-9d3e-f890c1e86e93
  5. Battery profile switching problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery profile switching problem: Hello. When I plug in my charger into the laptop it goes into my saving mode profile and when I unplug it, it goes into the charging mode profile. So basically my profiles are the other way around. Is there a way to put it back to normal?...
  6. Grandson changed microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Grandson changed microsoft account: during Xmas my grandson without my permission added his mother's this account onto my PC so he could play his games. In doing so he has managed to make this the dominant account and I can't delete it. My account is showing and all the functions attached t it are working but...
  7. help for grandson's laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    help for grandson's laptop: My grandson has an HP laptop with a broken screen. I bought a monitor for it and it was working fine. Now he has forgotten his password and he no longer has access to his gmail account that it was set up with so we can't have one sent to him. I had some tech guys working on...
  8. ur mom

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ur mom: is ur mom gay yes y why 0 7 420 360 ooga booga r y u 1738 ehhh https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ur-mom/39c74cfd-5450-4978-8e0f-aaa0d3bffffe
  9. Please Forgive My Grandson

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please Forgive My Grandson: He likes to help people and he thinks he knows everything about computers. And maybe he does, I wouldn't know. I am 68 and don't really understand them. I am also disabled. Anyway he was fooling about on my computer updating things and all that and got into the Community...
  10. Direct Profile-Switch with shortcut?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Direct Profile-Switch with shortcut?: Hello. There is a lot you can do on commandline / shortcuts on desktop too, and safe some seconds with mouse clicks in startmenu. Shutdown.exe -f -s -t 0 --- shutdown system Shutdown.exe -f -r -t 0 --- restart system (Shutdown Shortcut - Windows 10 Forums) Just...