Windows 10: Momentary black screen when toggling Game Bar while HDR enabled

Discus and support Momentary black screen when toggling Game Bar while HDR enabled in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I got a new monitor, the LG 27GL850-B, which supports the basic HDR 10 signal. Of course this I didn't expect anything from it, but hey, if the option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/romeozor, May 24, 2020.

1. Momentary black screen when toggling Game Bar while HDR enabled

I got a new monitor, the LG 27GL850-B, which supports the basic HDR 10 signal. Of course this I didn't expect anything from it, but hey, if the option is there, might as well see if does anything.

What I did notice is that while HDR was enabled, opening and closing the Game Bar (Win+G) in games (Apex Legends, Modern Warfare) the screen goes black for a moment. Does the same when taking a screenshot.

I'm wondering if this is the behavior of the Game Bar for all HDR monitors, or it's just the low-end HDR10, or maybe it's just my monitor model that's not fast enough or whatever this thing depends on.

Could anyone with a proper HDR display check out if the same thing happens?

(Ryzen 5 3600, Nvidia RTX 2070 Super)

submitted by /u/romeozor
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/romeozor, May 24, 2020
  2. Tom Wonk Win User

Issues when playing games in Full Screen with "Play HDR games and apps" Enabled

I have the "Play HDR games and apps" setting enabled, otherwise everything I use on the monitor looks dull. I have been randomly getting black screens for a while now while playing full screen games. Took me weeks to figure out why this was happening.

When I turn up (or down) my pc volume by using the scroll wheel on my keyboard, a volume indicator appears on the top left of my monitor with the volume level.

This works perfectly on windowed / borderless games (even with HDR enabled) however if HDR is enabled and I am in Full Screen, when I adjust the volume I get a black screen. It then reconnects and a box in the center of the monitor appears to indicate the resolution
    is 2560 x 1440 HDR.

Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum.

Graphics Card: Geforce RTX 2080 Super.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s).

Monitor: 2560 x 1440 165hz, Connected via Display Port.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can get the volume control to not cause black screens while playing in Full Screen games with HDR enabled?

Tom Wonk, May 24, 2020
  3. How to disable HDR toggle within being in HDR mode

Hi,

A short introduction to my problem, and what I've done so far:

1) I've been trying to set up HDR with my PC running to my TV. Both are HDR compatible, I've checked my HDMI cable is HDR capable (successfully connect this to my PS4 Pro and triggers HDR).
    2) Initially, I connect the PC and activated HDR on the TV side (HDR is toggled per HDMI port on my TV). At first, the PC displayed on my TV as expected, but with the HDR toggle inside Windows 10 to off. Naturally, I toggled HDR to on...
    3) Next, my screen went black and the PC disconnected from the TV input. Now, the only way to achieve a picture again is to turn off HDR on the TV side.

My question - firstly, am I missing something in this process with regards HDR working properly, and secondly, is there a way to untoggle the HDR in Windows without have HDR enabled? The option only becomes visible once HDR is enabled.

Thanks, Jonny

Jonny1010101010, May 24, 2020
  4. bobperky Win User

Momentary black screen when toggling Game Bar while HDR enabled

hdr on black screen

Whenever i have hdr enabled whether its within the windows display settings or in a game i tend to get a black screen when i alt tab out and in to the game. I just want an explanation to why this is happening is it because of my display or my pc or some
    other reason. Thx

bobperky, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Momentary black screen when toggling Game Bar while HDR enabled

1. Momentary black screen when toggling Game Bar while HDR enabled - Similar Threads - Momentary black screen

2. Enable HDR causes black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable HDR causes black screen: Hey guys I'm here to help with this problem since I've seen so many people have the same issue that I've solved. What happended is that I enabled HDR mode on Windows 10 and the screen completely black out but everything else works other than that. I had tried so many methods...
  3. Enable HDR causes black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable HDR causes black screen: Hey guys I'm here to help with this problem since I've seen so many people have the same issue that I've solved. What happended is that I enabled HDR mode on Windows 10 and the screen completely black out but everything else works other than that. I had tried so many methods...
  4. Enable HDR causes black screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Screen goes black when using game bar on HDR monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen goes black when using game bar on HDR monitor: Having this exact issue here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/windows-10-hdr-gaming-screen-blanking-issues/920371b7-1e21-43fd-a597-57cd492ca3f2 Users in the thread claim this was fixed with a game bar update. I'm on the latest and still deal with this...
  6. hdr on black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hdr on black screen: Whenever i have hdr enabled whether its within the windows display settings or in a game i tend to get a black screen when i alt tab out and in to the game. I just want an explanation to why this is happening is it because of my display or my pc or some other reason. Thx...
  7. Issues when playing games in Full Screen with "Play HDR games and apps" Enabled

Issues when playing games in Full Screen with "Play HDR games and apps" Enabled: I have the "Play HDR games and apps" setting enabled, otherwise everything I use on the monitor looks dull. I have been randomly getting black screens for a while now while playing full screen games. Took me weeks to figure out why this was happening. When I turn up or down...
  8. Enable HDR in games but not Desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Enable HDR in games but not Desktop?: Is there a flag anywhere that would allow HDR in games without enabling the desktop HDR mode? Destiny 2 is able to go into HDR mode without me turning it on the destop. But other games like Modern Warfare 2019 and Red Dead Redemption 2 don't even have the option unless I turn...
  9. Cannot toggle to yes for HDR on apps and games

Cannot toggle to yes for HDR on apps and games: My original thread went ignored here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-toggle-to-yes-for-hdr-on-apps-and-games/5a07b600-70b2-4931-85b5-67aceca64d11 I don't know how to switch questions over so this is the best I can do :(...
  10. Cannot toggle to yes for HDR on apps and games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot toggle to yes for HDR on apps and games: I currently have a dell xps13 9380. Due to issues the computer underwent a clean install to windows Pro. I couldn't seem to play HDR on my netflix app. Now the screen switched to an new AUO monitor and Windows Home 1903 is installed. But I still have the same problem. I...