Windows 10: Momentary short freeze on drive access

Discus and support Momentary short freeze on drive access in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; System spec Processor: Core i5 8600k (not OC) Motherboard: ASUS TUF Z370-PLUS Gaming - Intel Coffee Lake DDR4 ATX RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by paull965, May 8, 2019.

1. paull965 Win User

Momentary short freeze on drive access

System spec

Processor: Core i5 8600k (not OC)

Motherboard: ASUS TUF Z370-PLUS Gaming - Intel Coffee Lake DDR4 ATX

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2666MHz DDR4 Memory (not OC)

Primary Drive: 500GB Samsung Evo 970 M2

Secondary Drive: 2TB mechanical

Graphics: MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB VENTUS

Sometimes my games freeze, I hear the HDD firing up if there's no other noises, then carry on like nothing had happened if i were to speculate I'd say 1-3 seconds.

Windows 10 is at the latest update state although this seems to have only been occurring relatively recently (couple of months at the most).

Anybody have any ideas?

:)

paull965, May 8, 2019
  2. paull965 Win User

System spec

Processor: Core i5 8600k (not OC)

Motherboard: ASUS TUF Z370-PLUS Gaming - Intel Coffee Lake DDR4 ATX

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2666MHz DDR4 Memory (not OC)

Primary Drive: 500GB Samsung Evo 970 M2

Secondary Drive: 2TB mechanical

Graphics: MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB VENTUS

Sometimes my games freeze, I hear the HDD firing up if there's no other noises, then carry on like nothing had happened if i were to speculate I'd say 1-3 seconds.

Windows 10 is at the latest update state although this seems to have only been occurring relatively recently (couple of months at the most).

Anybody have any ideas?

paull965, Jun 28, 2019
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. x509 Win User

Win 10 CU (not FCU) stutters and freezes a lot with various operations

I get momentary freezes and stuttering with a range of Windows menu operations. *sarc These are the ones that are top of mind but I'm sure there are others. Win 10 Pro 64, up to date on patches.

• Xing out a FireFox tab
    • Click on FILE menu (drop down is delayed)
    • FILE > Print (printer list or print menu is delayed)
    • Selecting a higher level on the file path in the SAVE menu
    • Search menu at bottom of Windows
    • Typing in many situations.

Any suggestions? Or this this a known problem in Win 10? I've had this problem for some time, but lately it has gotten me really PO'ed.*Confused

Thema:

1. Momentary short freeze on drive access - Similar Threads - Momentary short freeze

2. Momentary pause

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Momentary pause: I have a new build with a new install of Windows 11 which pauses every minute or so. Whatever I am typing will momentarily stop typing and then catch up. If I am scrolling, then the scroll pauses and then catches up. If I am gaming, momentary pause of the game but it does not...
  3. Momentary pause

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Momentary pause: I have a new build with a new install of Windows 11 which pauses every minute or so. Whatever I am typing will momentarily stop typing and then catch up. If I am scrolling, then the scroll pauses and then catches up. If I am gaming, momentary pause of the game but it does not...
  4. Windows Freezing After Short Inactivity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Freezing After Short Inactivity: So im having this problem over a week now and I just cant find a solution for it.The problem is that if im not using my pc for more than 15-20 min, it suddenly freezes and the only way to fix it is by hard resetting the pc using the power button. At first I thought it was a...
  5. Constant random short freezes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Constant random short freezes: Hello. So, a few days ago I installed the Xbox app in my PC. I then started noticing Windows would freeze for a few seconds when performing tasks such as opening a new browser tab, saving a file, trying to write in a text box, etc. Watching a Youtube video would have the...
  6. short freezes, please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    short freezes, please help: Hi, when I click into like action centre and system, for example, I get very small brief full system lag/freezes which stops my mouse, sound, everything for that split couple seconds. It doesn't happen every time, but it does happen often. Anyone else experiences this and...
  7. Short freezes

Short freezes: Hi, when I click into like action centre and system, for example, I get very small brief full system lag/freezes which stops my mouse, sound, everything for that split couple seconds. It doesn't happen every time, but it does happen often. Anyone else experiences this and...
  8. Short freezes

Short freezes: Hi, when I click into like action center and system for example, I get very small brief full system lag/freezes which stops my mouse, sound, everything for that split couple seconds. It doesn't happen every time, but it does happen often. Anyone else experience this...
  9. freezes and stops for a short time off and on .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    freezes and stops for a short time off and on .: after starting notice my computer freezes sometimes and stops for a minute and does it off and on never done this before except last few days . I am not sure but thought maybe it came from and update ? is it ok to delete updates from a few days back ? I ran a virus scan and...
  10. Need help diagnosing momentary freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help diagnosing momentary freezes: I am getting momentary freezes that I cannot figure out. The best way to explain it is the computer just stops randomly for a millisecond or so, then continues. This kills me during gaming, but still annoying just perusing the web. While scrolling down a page it will stop for...