Windows 10: Mom's account is set to child

Discus and support Mom's account is set to child in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey y'all. My mom's windows account is set to child. Her ex husband is set as the adult of the organization and set her to child because he apparently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TrebleBass0528, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Mom's account is set to child

Hey y'all. My mom's windows account is set to child. Her ex husband is set as the adult of the organization and set her to child because he apparently is a big one. How can she go about changing her account back?

submitted by /u/TrebleBass0528
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TrebleBass0528, Aug 25, 2020

2. Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Aug 25, 2020
  3. Jan123 Win User
    Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Aug 25, 2020
  4. Mom's account is set to child

Not Tracking Web Browsing Activity on Child Account

Hello,

I had already read that article and tried all those steps mentioned before posting on this forum. Nothing worked. I am still not able to see the web activity on my child's account.

I have already verified that the Family Safety Service is connected to my PC and that my child has the PC listed as a device on their account. My child's account is listed as "child" on my PC account settings. When I sign into the child's account, I have
    verified that Family Safe Monitoring is running because the icon is in the task bar.

This response was not helpful, because as I stated in my original post, I had already read several articles on troubleshooting this issue and nothing worked.

Can you offer me other suggestions that are not mentioned in that Wiki Article?

CoriannFlores, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

Mom's account is set to child

1. Mom's account is set to child - Similar Threads - Mom's account set

2. my moms microsoft account is locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my moms microsoft account is locked: my mom has had her microsoft account since 1995she said that in the last few months it asked her to change her PW and it has been asking her to verify her self over and overso this last time she made me do it, i wanted to change her pw, and then her recovery email, as its an...
  3. my moms microsoft account is locked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my moms microsoft account is locked: my mom has had her microsoft account since 1995she said that in the last few months it asked her to change her PW and it has been asking her to verify her self over and overso this last time she made me do it, i wanted to change her pw, and then her recovery email, as its an...
  4. Child's account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child's account: I cannot remove my child's account since I approved her joining with my Gmail account by accident. How do I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/childs-account/c8038341-81a8-4f31-acee-5c6090e36a6b
  5. Family safety settings not updating for Child account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Family safety settings not updating for Child account: Hi, My son is 9 and as part of the work from the school, they refer to YouTube videos all the time. As a rule, Youtube is blocked by FamilySafety whioch would be fine except in the current times of lockdowns and closed schools. The problem is in the app, I can see the...
  6. Child account not showing in manage child accounts

Child account not showing in manage child accounts: One of my child's accounts is not showing as a child account in the manage permissions section - it is appearing in my Family. This means I can't change app permissions. I have ensured all details of the account are correct and my other child is appearing correctly and I...
  7. Cannot set limits on child account

Cannot set limits on child account: My son got a new laptop and set up his Microsoft account. I already had a Microsoft account. We both show as "organizers" in the family. I am unable to set time limits for him. The instructions say to "click on the family member to set limits" but when I click on his name...
  8. Set Time in Child Account

Set Time in Child Account: Hi all, I've set my son's account up so that he needs me to grant him screen time on the specific device every time he wants to go online - i.e. the Time Limit of his Screen Time settings is set to 'Blocked'. Most of the time this works fine for us but there are...
  9. How to set up a child account

How to set up a child account: I'm having trouble setting up a child account on a Windows 10 machine. I'm prompted to add a child, but the system won't accept the account because the email account isn't a Microsoft account, and I don't plan to give him a Microsoft account. So if I select instead the...
  10. Setting up Child accounts on a Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setting up Child accounts on a Laptop: How can I share Apps and software on my children's login on our family laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-child-accounts-on-a-laptop/39cb219c-3b9e-4843-acf6-885725d87f58