Windows 10: Mom's PC Advice Hard drive issues

Discus and support Mom's PC Advice Hard drive issues in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello All Wondering something just did a Crystal Disk info check on Mom's PC, her one and only C Drive shows Caution Reallocated Sectors, Hard drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AMDMan2016, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Mom's PC Advice Hard drive issues

Hello All

Wondering something just did a Crystal Disk info check on Mom's PC, her one and only C Drive shows Caution Reallocated Sectors, Hard drive is original drive from 2012, Doing system image backup now, but if i do install my newer spare Toshiba 1tb drive for hers, i might just do a clean install instead of restoring Image, as has alot of leftovers from uninstalls over the years, Avast free antivirus left overs, etc.

Windows 10 Version Pro 1909 x64
    PC Is HP P6-2133W
    Purchased June 10th 2012
    (my old PC prior to getting my AMD FX system in 2016, then i got some money and went to my faster Intel I7 7700 system)

Do have Spare 1tb Toshiba drive in anti static bag that previously was used in the I7 system, installed my WD Black 1tb drive when i got this system many years ago, or should i purchase a newer hard drive for Mom's PC

:)

AMDMan2016, Jan 24, 2020
  2. little cat, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Mom's PC Advice Hard drive issues

Hard drive advice?

i tried to install RHL - 9 on my Compaq Presario PC and got a msg "No Hard Drives detected". However Windows is running on my PC and when i tried to install Ubuntu-Linux for Human Beings, it detected the presence of the hard drive and showed the existing partitions.

I tried to find the HDD driver thru windows but got nothing matching with the manually loadable drivers in RHL that r listed during installation.

the hard disk in my PC is a SATA one and its number is WDC- followed by some numbers.

plz,can anyone bail me out from this predicament?

prakashdeep.m, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Mom's PC Advice Hard drive issues

1. Mom's PC Advice Hard drive issues - Similar Threads - Mom's Advice Hard

2. Hard Drive issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive issues: I don't think this is a Windows-related problem but why can't I safely eject my hard drive after I add new information such as a new file, shortcut, etc. It's like my Hard Drive is incapable of storing data. Why?...
  3. Advice on recuva and selling hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Advice on recuva and selling hard drive: I have just sold a laptop for a good price and had intended to replace the hard drive with a new one before sale. However I can't get the hard drive cover off as there are a couple of deeply embedded screws with broken threads, so decided to leave the drive in and wipe it a...
  4. Hard Drive issues

Hard Drive issues: Having an issue with my external hard drive. I just updated to the new version of windows and that's when it started happening. I've tried uninstalling it, it's up-to-date on its driver, and my PC is fully up-to-date as well. The hard drive shows up on the device manager and...
  5. Hard drive issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hard drive issues: My current ssd is running windows 7 and it's starting to fail I want to get a new ssd and download windows 10 but the issue I have is not knowing what's going to happen to the data on my hdd that I have to hold my games and other stuff like pics does anyone k ow what will...
  6. Advice re: new hard drive

Advice re: new hard drive: I bought a new Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB drive a few weeks ago in an attempt to fix a problem PC. I may have to scrap the machine (as still cant be fixed) and i wanted to ask are these viable options for my new £765 drive. 1. buy a machine with an HHD and add my SSD drive as a...
  7. Advice re: new hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Advice re: new hard drive: I bought a new Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB drive a few weeks ago in an attempt to fix a problem PC. I may have to scrap the machine (as still cant be fixed) and i wanted to ask are these viable options for my new £765 drive. 1. buy a machine with an HHD and add my SSD drive as a...
  8. Hard Drive issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive issue: So i just built a brand new PC, but my hard drive wont appear in disk management. it does appear however in BIOS. I've tried everything from changing SATA ports to updating the drivers. Nothing is working. please help me I've been at this for nearly 2 days....
  9. External hard drive . I need advice

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    External hard drive . I need advice: I just bought an external hard drive and it has their software . So my question is should I use their software or use what I already have on my computer . what happens if I clean that drive of all software or do I have to learn all that stuff from the drive manufacture? and...
  10. Microsoft Surface Pro Hard Drive Advice

Microsoft Surface Pro Hard Drive Advice: All, I need to replace the hard drive in my Surface Pro. Does anyone have any recommendations on where I can order one? Any particular one that's high quality but not too expensive? Also, any good tutorial on how to replace one in a Surface??? Have a good day! Craig...