Windows 10: money 2005 backup password asks for password that does not exist as no pw was ever created...

Discus and support money 2005 backup password asks for password that does not exist as no pw was ever created... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, My hard drive crashed on a 1 year old computer and I got it repaired and recovered all data except Microsoft Money 2005 which may have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pjkeys, Mar 7, 2019.

1. pjkeys Win User

money 2005 backup password asks for password that does not exist as no pw was ever created...

Hello,

My hard drive crashed on a 1 year old computer and I got it repaired and recovered all data except Microsoft Money 2005 which may have been Money Plus 2005. I re installed the program but it asks to restore a back up file to restore the information and then asks for a password to open the back up file. However no password was ever created or asked to be created for any of the back ups. I would like to retrieve years of personal and business finance data and realize I need to migrate to a newer program.

I also realize there is forum dedicated to this issue but am seeking a more current solution than the ones posted, especially for Windows 10 64 bit.

Any information related to resolving this issue that a layman could understand would be appreciated.

Thank you

-Paul

:)

pjkeys, Mar 7, 2019

2. Problems with My Money 2005 passwords

My Money will not load my backup copy without a password, but I tried password, it claims it is incorrect, but it is not. I deleted the need for password but it still says I need one. I was sent here by chat case number 1445690885, John E ans was told MS
    developers with knowledge of My Money 2005 would be here to help

DebbEllingson, Mar 7, 2019
  3. Cortana asking for a non-existent "old password"

Tried all the suggestion you sent me nothing would work Cortana still asking for a old password but there is no existing password tried to sign in with my current msa password also nothing this is ridiculous

paulself_878, Mar 7, 2019
  4. money 2005 backup password asks for password that does not exist as no pw was ever created...

Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

money 2005 backup password asks for password that does not exist as no pw was ever created...

1. money 2005 backup password asks for password that does not exist as no pw was ever created... - Similar Threads - money 2005 backup

2. I have to restore backup on Microsoft money 2004 deluxe and it’s asking for a password for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have to restore backup on Microsoft money 2004 deluxe and it’s asking for a password for...: Regarding Microsoft money 2004 deluxe. Need to restore backup and it’s asking for a password for the backup file. I never had a password for money 2004 and I’ve restore backup last year and it worked and never asked for a password. How do I restore backup without a password?...
  3. I have to restore backup on Microsoft money 2004 deluxe and it’s asking for a password for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have to restore backup on Microsoft money 2004 deluxe and it’s asking for a password for...: Regarding Microsoft money 2004 deluxe. Need to restore backup and it’s asking for a password for the backup file. I never had a password for money 2004 and I’ve restore backup last year and it worked and never asked for a password. How do I restore backup without a password?...
  4. the password option does not exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the password option does not exist: HII have a question why the password option does not exist in account >> sign in option and i put the screenshot in down please if you know how can i fix this , please tell me thanks...
  5. the password option does not exist

the password option does not exist: HII have a question why the password option does not exist in account >> sign in option and i put the screenshot in down please if you know how can i fix this , please tell me thanks...
  6. Migrate Microsoft Money Asks for Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrate Microsoft Money Asks for Password: I am trying to migrate data from Microsoft Money 2004 by restoring a backup file and a message asks for a password. the password i use is not recognized. I have seen other posts of this problem and answers say something like I need the "program" password, or need to switch...
  7. Migrate Microsoft Money Asks for Password

Migrate Microsoft Money Asks for Password: I am trying to migrate data from Microsoft Money 2004 by restoring a backup file and a message asks for a password. the password i use is not recognized. I have seen other posts of this problem and answers say something like I need the "program" password, or need to switch...
  8. Microsoft Money 2002 reloaded and asking for a password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Money 2002 reloaded and asking for a password: My hard drive crashed last week and an IT guru got another one for me. I had to reload Money 2002, but now it is prompting me for a password! I don't ever remember setting up a password. Does anyone have an idea on how I can get into it?...
  9. Problems with My Money 2005 passwords

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with My Money 2005 passwords: My Money will not load my backup copy without a password, but I tried password, it claims it is incorrect, but it is not. I deleted the need for password but it still says I need one. I was sent here by chat case number 1445690885, John E ans was told MS developers with...
  10. Asking for Password not Exist after Update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Asking for Password not Exist after Update: After Win 10/Win Defender Update, 2016 Dell 7000 laptop it is requiring a password that doesn't exist! Again there was never a password, but it gives a hint of "Yr"! Have tried every date I could think of w/no luck! Have been in Win forums and support pages using primary Win...