Windows 10: Monitor-1 in dual display would not wake up from sleep.

Discus and support Monitor-1 in dual display would not wake up from sleep. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Have been using dual display (Dual Smart Solution) for more than two years on Windows 10. Starting around 10 days ago, my major monitor (Monitor-1)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AnnKing70, May 23, 2019.

1. AnnKing70 Win User

Monitor-1 in dual display would not wake up from sleep.

Have been using dual display (Dual Smart Solution) for more than two years on Windows 10. Starting around 10 days ago, my major monitor (Monitor-1) would not wake up from sleep. It just blinks when I push the on button. When I unplug Monitor-1, Monitor-2 would wake up and once I sign in there, Monitor-1 would wake up as I plug it in again. But now that does not even work so I can only work with Monitor-2. Please help, thanks.

:)

AnnKing70, May 23, 2019

2. Problem with dual monitors waking from sleep mode.

try this first. few things can cause this. but go to display settings, select monitor #1 and change resolution to 1280x720, go up and APPLY

select monitor #2 and set resolution to 1280x720 and Apply on it too, restart pc

log on and let it sleep and wait 5 minutes and wake and see what happens. you may have to go into safe mode to fix it.

seahawks65, May 23, 2019
  3. Dual Monitor Does not wake up from sleep

To further troubleshoot the dual monitor issue, we suggest that you try the following workaround:

• Check the cable connection of your monitor. Try to test if the issue will still persist after using a different cable.
    • Change the Turn off the display time in the
      Power Options. We suggest selecting a longer timeframe from the drop-down menu and check if you will still encounter the issue.
    • If you are using a USB mouse and keyboard, you can also change its settings and see if it helps. To get started, open the
      Device Manager > locate the mouse/keyboard
      then click it to expand > right-click mouse/keyboard
      and click Properties > Select Power Management
      tab > add a check mark on Allow this device to wake the computer.
    Once you have tried all of these, let us know the end result.

Jennifer Cha, May 23, 2019
  4. Monitor-1 in dual display would not wake up from sleep.

Dual Monitor Does not wake up from sleep

Hi Doug,

We'd like to ask for additional information about your concern to help us provide the appropriate solution. Please answer the following:

• Have you been experiencing this issue since you started using dual monitors?
    • Have you tried to test the second monitor on a different computer to verify if it shows the same behavior?
    • May we know how you've set up the Power Options?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    We look forward to your response.

Jennifer Cha, May 23, 2019
Thema:

Monitor-1 in dual display would not wake up from sleep.

1. Monitor-1 in dual display would not wake up from sleep. - Similar Threads - Monitor dual display

2. Will not wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Will not wake up from sleep: I have 1809-17763.379 and if I choose sleep by right clicking the start button the computer will not wake up with the mouse or keyboard. It will wake up from screensaver with the mouse. If I push the power button it will wake up. Any suggestions will be appreciated. 130026
  3. Wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wake up from sleep: Sirs, Windows 10 Version 1809 is very slow to recover from 'sleep'. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wake-up-from-sleep/98c1ef70-18db-42b8-84c2-8c43d679e85b
  4. Monitor cannot wake up from sleep but PC can

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor cannot wake up from sleep but PC can: I just built a new system with Asus H370-F mobo, Gigabyte GTX1060 display, an old Dell monitor connected with DVI and newly installed windows 10. All mobo drivers are from Asus and the display driver is from Nvidia, all the latest. Power setting of all hardware and windows...
  5. 1809 not waking up display from sleep sometimes

in Windows 10 Support
    1809 not waking up display from sleep sometimes: I have a machine that has developed a peculiar issue only since going to 1809: occasionally when the display (Dell UltraSharp U2713HM) goes to sleep, it won't wake no matter what I do locally or remotely (via RDP or TeamViewer). It's interesting that the most recent patch...
  6. Dual Monitor System - Main Monitor won't wake up

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitor System - Main Monitor won't wake up: I've got a dual monitor system - Intel I5, Nvidia Geforce GTX960... Anyways, for some reason, here and there when I sit in front of my machine in the morning and wiggle my mouse, my main monitor does not come back to life. I should mention, that the main monitor on this...
  7. Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep: I am experiencing a critical issue - when my computer goes into sleep mode, or if I manually place it in sleep mode, the monitor will not wake. The PC is running; I can hear the fan and the light on the front of the monitor is on, but the monitor itself will not wake. The...
  8. Unwanted wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unwanted wake up from sleep: Hi, When putting the PC to sleep, it wakes up on its own after some time (don’t know exactly, roughly after 1-2h). Setup: Win 10 Pro, ASRock Z270M-ITX/ac board, i7-7700k Already run the following commands: powercfg –lastwake --> shows the same result every time (no...
  9. Monitor waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor waking from sleep: I have my settings configured so my monitor will go to sleep. It goes to sleep but then immediately wakes back up. Looking to see what is waking it shows unknown? [img] Any idea on what is causing it to wake up? I think it's the new monitor because it didn't happen...
  10. Wake up from sleep taking 1 - 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake up from sleep taking 1 - 2 minutes: When I open the lid on my laptop the lights all come on but then it takes 1 - 2 minutes for the desktop to appear. Just a black screen. I have it set to sleep when the lid closes. I did a factory install recovery and then put on Windows 10. I have checked all the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dual screen monitors sometimes not wake from sleep