Windows 10: Monitor 2 still displaying during startup

Discus and support Monitor 2 still displaying during startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have two monitors, Monitor 1 ( the main one ) has DP Monitor 2 has hdmi. I have set it to display on M1 only, in display settings. But during startup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by reddwarf4ever, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Monitor 2 still displaying during startup

I have two monitors, Monitor 1 ( the main one ) has DP Monitor 2 has hdmi. I have set it to display on M1 only, in display settings. But during startup ( even with no power to M2 ) the PC displays the Bios start screen on M2, then once the windows screen is available it switches to M1.....which means I dont see the Bios option menu at the bottom of M1.

any ideas please ? Thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, Jun 8, 2020

2. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Monitor 2 still displaying during startup

How to get a program to start up on monitor 2

Hello,

You may customize your display and place the icons of the programs that you like in your preferred monitor. To help you resolve your concern, kindly follow these steps:

• Go to Settings and then click System.
    • Click Display and then place your programs or icons to monitor 2.
    • Click the monitor 2, put a check mark in "Make this my main display" and then click Apply.
    Do let us know if you have any other concerns.

Raymond Ave, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Monitor 2 still displaying during startup

1. Monitor 2 still displaying during startup - Similar Threads - Monitor still displaying

2. No display on startup with monitor turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No display on startup with monitor turned on: I have a problem with booting up Windows 10 Pro x64. When I start up or reboot my PC with any of my monitors turned on the Windows Logon screen doesn't show up.The main monitor wakes up and the backlight turns on but the screen stays black. The problem doesn't occur if I turn...
  3. No display on startup with monitor turned on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No display on startup with monitor turned on: I have a problem with booting up Windows 10 Pro x64. When I start up or reboot my PC with any of my monitors turned on the Windows Logon screen doesn't show up.The main monitor wakes up and the backlight turns on but the screen stays black. The problem doesn't occur if I turn...
  4. 2 monitors on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 monitors on startup: My 2nd monitor doesn't turn on at startup since updating to Windows 11 , I always have to unplug and plug the HDMI back in for it to work and at this point is an annoyance. I would also like to say that I am using a laptop not a PC. Any fixes?...
  5. 2 monitors on startup

2 monitors on startup: My 2nd monitor doesn't turn on at startup since updating to Windows 11 , I always have to unplug and plug the HDMI back in for it to work and at this point is an annoyance. I would also like to say that I am using a laptop not a PC. Any fixes?...
  6. Monitors set to "Disconnect this display" on startup

Monitors set to "Disconnect this display" on startup: I have a 3 monitor setup, with my primary monitor set to monitor 2. Whenever I restart or update my computer it will change the monitor settings for monitor 2 and 3 to "Disconnect this display" rather than "Extend desktop to this display." This is very annoying because...
  7. Monitor off during startup.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor off during startup.: So, when I turn on my desktop PC, my monitor doesn't turn on before the login screen. But my PC is clearly on since I can actually go into the BIOS settings, the monitor just isn't on, I can tell because it never gets to the login screen. GPU: GTX 1080 CPU: Intel i7-8700K...
  8. Monitor 2 still displaying during startup

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor 2 still displaying during startup: I have two monitors, Monitor 1 ( the main one ) has DP Monitor 2 has hdmi. I have set it to display on M1 only, in display settings. But during startup ( even with no power to M2 ) the PC displays the Bios start screen on M2, then once the windows screen is available it...
  9. 2 Monitor Display - Display 1 stuck on wrong monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 Monitor Display - Display 1 stuck on wrong monitor: I have a 2-monitor setup. As recently as yesterday 1/20/2020, the display settings had Display 1 on the left monitor main display and Display 2 on the right monitor. Today, Display 1 is on the right monitor regardless of how I configure the display settings. In the top...
  10. display only on monitor 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    display only on monitor 2: Setting up new monitor. selected display on monitor 2 only by mistake. Now cannot get back to laptop display screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/display-only-on-monitor-2/cb0576fc-21e4-48d0-8e2c-c72bedc4452f