Windows 10: monitor add on with a Dell Laptop

Discus and support monitor add on with a Dell Laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i'm trying to add a second HP monitor to my Dell laptop.Its not being identified and says to check my cable connections or to select Extend and it wont... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kimflowers8012, Dec 27, 2019.

1. monitor add on with a Dell Laptop

i'm trying to add a second HP monitor to my Dell laptop.Its not being identified and says to check my cable connections or to select Extend and it wont let me change my setting

:)

kimflowers8012, Dec 27, 2019

2. Dell XPS 15.6 Monitor issues

Hi,

Monitors may not work as expected if the driver is not up-to-date. With this said, we suggest that you check if you have the latest drivers installed. In addition, we would like to ask some questions that may help us to isolate the issue.

• Does the external monitor work with your laptop before?
    • Have you tried to connect the external monitor to your desktop?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    We're looking forward to your response.

Katrina Men, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    hooking up a monitor to mt dell laptop - windows 10

Hi Cheryl,

There are several modes that you can choose from when using a multi-monitor setup. Configuration is simple, as long as you follow these steps:

• Connect the monitor to your laptop using the appropriate cable (HDMI, DVI, or VGA, depending on the device).
    • Make sure the monitor is turned on, which is usually indicated by a glowing power button.
    • Press the Windows key and P at the same time on your keyboard.
    • Choose Duplicate if you want your monitor to show what's being shown on your laptop screen.
    • Choose Extend if you want an additional monitor to work on while having an active laptop screen.
    • Choose Second screen only if you want to use the monitor instead of your laptop screen.

Let us know if you have any other concerns about using your computer.

Yolvi Ell, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Josie23 Win User

monitor add on with a Dell Laptop

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

monitor add on with a Dell Laptop [​IMG]

Josie23, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

monitor add on with a Dell Laptop

1. monitor add on with a Dell Laptop - Similar Threads - monitor add Dell

2. No sound from Dell U3821DW monitor with Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound from Dell U3821DW monitor with Dell laptop: Dear all,Looking for a solution to solve the sound problem with my Dell monitor I came across this thread.No sound from/through Dell U3818DW monitor with Latitude 5520 - Microsoft CommunityUnfortunately, the tread is locked, so I cannot ask my question there. I have the same...
  3. No sound from Dell U3821DW monitor with Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound from Dell U3821DW monitor with Dell laptop: Dear all,Looking for a solution to solve the sound problem with my Dell monitor I came across this thread.No sound from/through Dell U3818DW monitor with Latitude 5520 - Microsoft CommunityUnfortunately, the tread is locked, so I cannot ask my question there. I have the same...
  4. add lexmark wireless printer to dell laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    add lexmark wireless printer to dell laptop?: cannot link lxmark wireles printer to my dell laptop arrgghhhh. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-lexmark-wireless-printer-to-dell-laptop/66afb9dc-890e-4d02-90a1-3c7d31149259
  5. connect monitor to my dell laptop

connect monitor to my dell laptop: how I connect monitor to my computer? the monitor did not display nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-monitor-to-my-dell-laptop/b2817c37-c996-4fab-967b-304704115f80
  6. Dell Monitor Camera

Dell Monitor Camera: I have a Dell Monitor hooked to a Dell XPS Laptop. I want to use the monitor camera not the laptop camera. I've tried the suggestions from a closed thread about activating the camera but when I try the steps it keeps going to the laptop camera. Suggestions or am I asking...
  7. adding older acer monitor to dell laptop

adding older acer monitor to dell laptop: I wanted to connect an external monitor to my laptop. Windows is not detecting it. What next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-older-acer-monitor-to-dell-laptop/b0221ab7-8ebe-4964-a2c1-eb113dcbfbc6
  8. connecting 2 monitors to a Dell Inspiron laptop

connecting 2 monitors to a Dell Inspiron laptop: how do I connect 2 monitors to a laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-2-monitors-to-a-dell-inspiron-laptop/3cb093f2-cf9d-40c8-9b38-b6b9825ccaaf
  9. Add a second monitor to a Dell laptop using Windows 10

Add a second monitor to a Dell laptop using Windows 10: How do I add a second monitor to a Dell laptop using Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/add-a-second-monitor-to-a-dell-laptop-using/3581678e-1934-44ac-8e17-6f066025594d
  10. Add Power Plans to Dell Laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Add Power Plans to Dell Laptop: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5577 model with Win 10 Home. It only has one Power Plan, Balanced. My desktop (home built) has High Performance. Is there a way to get it on Win 10 Home? Or do I have to create my own power plan? I use the Laptop for my recording studio and want...