Windows 10: Monitor and speakers

Discus and support Monitor and speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys I'm new here and i hope someone can help me out with my problem. I have recent bought a new monitor that have a audio jack and is connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by D33ha, Jun 12, 2020.

1. D33ha Win User

Monitor and speakers

Hi guys I'm new here and i hope someone can help me out with my problem.

I have recent bought a new monitor that have a audio jack and is connected with HDMI. Strangely when my speaker is connected to my PC there is no sounds, i tried trouble shooting or reinstalling audio driver it just doesn't work, but if i connect it directly to my monitor it does work. Anyone encountered this problem and manager to fix it? I'm using realtek for my audio driver. And also if i keep it this way and connect a second monitor that doesn't have inbuilt speaker using DP cable. Will there be any sound?

:)

D33ha, Jun 12, 2020

2. Dual Monitor Setup & Speakers

Hi,

There are several factors which could prevent your dual monitors and your speakers from working properly. In order for us to effectively assist you with your concern, we just have a few questions for you:

• Are you getting an error message/code when trying to run the dual monitors?
    • Have you tried running the hardware troubleshooter?
    • Have you tried running the System File Checker tool?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Jun 12, 2020
  3. dual monitors stops sound

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• When will the sound disable, when playing through main monitor or the extended monitor?
    • Did you try enabling the sound from the sound drivers and check if it helps?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    This issue causes because the monitor automatically takes the HDMI sound as the Default input. Disable and enable the speakers and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the volume control and then
      Properties
    • When you connect the HDMI it becomes the default output device, even though it has no speakers.
    • You need to change this back to "Speakers" and set as default.

Monitor and speakers [​IMG]

Hope this helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Monitor and speakers

Windows 10 recognizes my UE Megaboom as a headset and not a speaker will not work?

Hi Rachael,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you try the steps listed below and check if it works. This issue could be because of the Headphones BT SPEAKER Stereo being set as default. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Pair the speaker with your PC.
    • Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager.

• Expand Sound, video, and game controllers
      and right click on your Bluetooth speaker (BT SPEAKER Stereo).
    • Choose Disable and acknowledge the confirmation popup. Wait for the screen to refresh.
    • Right click on the same device again and Enable.
    • Exit Device Manager and see if the issue persist.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

Monitor and speakers

1. Monitor and speakers - Similar Threads - Monitor speakers

2. i have an LG ULTRAGEAR monitor but the built in speakers are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have an LG ULTRAGEAR monitor but the built in speakers are not working: i have tried several things to make it work but none have worked, the only thing i can think of is to switch from Nvidia high defenition audio to the realtek R audio drivers but i do not know where to get the driver.can anyone help me solve my problem or find the driver for...
  3. i have an LG ULTRAGEAR monitor but the built in speakers are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have an LG ULTRAGEAR monitor but the built in speakers are not working: i have tried several things to make it work but none have worked, the only thing i can think of is to switch from Nvidia high defenition audio to the realtek R audio drivers but i do not know where to get the driver.can anyone help me solve my problem or find the driver for...
  4. Monitor Speaker volume low.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Speaker volume low.: I recently bought an Asus Proart monitor which has speakers built in. I bought this monitor because it had speakers. When connect my new PC to the monitor with an HDMI cable I get video but the audio volume is very low. It is almost diifficult to hear. I have set the volume...
  5. Monitor Speaker volume low.

Monitor Speaker volume low.: I recently bought an Asus Proart monitor which has speakers built in. I bought this monitor because it had speakers. When connect my new PC to the monitor with an HDMI cable I get video but the audio volume is very low. It is almost diifficult to hear. I have set the volume...
  6. My external speakers but no sound from monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My external speakers but no sound from monitors: My external speakers but no sound from monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-external-speakers-but-no-sound-from-monitors/c4ad7ded-1642-4080-bee5-cd36ee3bc473
  7. My external speakers but no sound from monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external speakers but no sound from monitors: My external speakers but no sound from monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-external-speakers-but-no-sound-from-monitors/c4ad7ded-1642-4080-bee5-cd36ee3bc473
  8. My external speakers but no sound from monitors

9. Cannot use laptop speakers when connected to monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot use laptop speakers when connected to monitor: I connected my Samsung Galaxy Book to a monitor via HDMI and the sound on my laptop no longer works. When I go to Settings, no output devices are found, but the Realtek speakers periodically appear and disappear. In the Control Panel, I get the following error message: "This...
  10. Cannot use laptop speakers when connected to monitor

Cannot use laptop speakers when connected to monitor: I connected my Samsung Galaxy Book to a monitor via HDMI and the sound on my laptop no longer works. When I go to Settings, no output devices are found, but the Realtek speakers periodically appear and disappear. In the Control Panel, I get the following error message: "This...