Windows 10: Monitor appears pixelated after returning from sleep

Discus and support Monitor appears pixelated after returning from sleep in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [IMG] Whenever my computer returns from sleep, the screen looks like this on the current software I have open. I noticed that by restarting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GloriaVazquez, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Monitor appears pixelated after returning from sleep

Monitor appears pixelated after returning from sleep [​IMG]

Whenever my computer returns from sleep, the screen looks like this on the current software I have open. I noticed that by restarting the program I'm using or reloading the page I am works to bring it back to normal, but it's become disruptive. I am using an OMEN 15 with core i7 10th gen and nvidia geforce rtx 2070. The software is up to date as well.

:)

GloriaVazquez, Oct 9, 2020

2. Second monitor appears pixelated sometimes

Before we get started, here might be some setup information that may be worth noting. My primary monitor is a 1080p, 1920 x 1080 (native) using an HDMI to DVI. My secondary monitor is a SONY TV 1360 x 768 (native) using an HDMI. Both are connected to my graphics card and not the motherboard. I have always had this setup but I have not always had this issue.

Preforming the following actions may cause my second monitor to appear pixelated.
    • Getting a web browser out of maximized mode by click dragging the window or using the restore button
    • Using full screen on the secondary monitor
    • Dragging a window into the second monitor, sometimes

In order to temporarily solve this issue I must apply a change to any display using the Nvidia Control Panel. Using the Windows display settings to apply a change does not always fix the issue. Also note that after the second monitor goes pixelated, my computer does not detect a change in any display's resolution settings.

So far I have tried the following fixes to no avail
    • Keeping display drivers up to date
    • Using a DDU to wipe display drivers clean and start anew
    • Using the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter

I have tried to use capture software to screenshot the pixelation but it can not see it. I have to use a camera to show what it looks like instead.
    Before:

After:

Capture software is not capable of detecting the pixelation so I have recreated what it looks like on screen. Use this as reverence if the pictures look bad.
    Before:

After:

Tjaekazuta, Oct 9, 2020
  3. Monitor will not return from sleep mode

After upgrade to Windows 10, my monitor would not return from sleep mode although all other functions appear to wake up. I have seen other posts, primarily regarding Asus devices. I upgraded to the latest BIOS from Asus, and upgraded the video adapter
    software and drivers directly from AMD Radeon, versus the automatically configured Microsoft drivers. This seems to have resolved the issue and the video performance seems improved as well.

ponchojack, Oct 9, 2020
  4. SolShan Win User

Monitor appears pixelated after returning from sleep

Extended desktop on second monitor, how to stop windows return to main display on sleep?

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and use an extra monitor. My output settings are to Extended Desktop, with my laptop monitor the principal one.

When I used Windows 7 and I woke my computer after it went to sleep or the screen saver came on my open windows would be on the monitor I had last used them on. Now with Windows 10 after sleep/screensaver all my windows return to the main monitor, i.e.
    my laptop screen.

I can't find any setting button to keep the application windows where they were before sleep and can't find any suggestions with an online search. Does anyone know how I might solve this issue, please?

SolShan, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

Monitor appears pixelated after returning from sleep

1. Monitor appears pixelated after returning from sleep - Similar Threads - Monitor appears pixelated

2. No sound after returning from Sleep Mode Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound after returning from Sleep Mode Windows 11: I have a Dell Latitude with Windows 11. When my PC returns from sleep mode the sound stops working. When I check Sound Settings the laptop's integrated speakers Intel Smart Sound Technology are still selected. I'm usually quite good at troubleshooting PC issues. I've followed...
  3. monitor which appears to go to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    monitor which appears to go to sleep: I have a new experience with my monitor which appears to go to sleep even while typing or moving the mouse. While working in a spread sheet the monitor will go black as if going to sleep. After a few minutes it will come back and all data on the spread sheet will be correct...
  4. Asus UX430UAR not returning from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Asus UX430UAR not returning from sleep: I’ve been having problems with my laptop since installing a Windows 10 feature pack last September. It works find during the day and I can switch it on or off using the power button or the lid. However, some mornings the laptop is warm to touch and will not wakeup. There is...
  5. Critical process died after returning from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical process died after returning from sleep: I received a new Acer laptop last week. I decided to install a fresh version of Windows 10 using the medica creation tool and a USB. After successfully doing this and installing available updates I found the laptop started to crash with a BSoD and either the...
  6. Strange pixels appear

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange pixels appear: Hello, these pixels started appearing while I have no idea what they are! I tried updating graphics drivers but they appeared no matter. Help me, please! [ATTACH]...
  7. Wireless and bluetooth adapters disabled after return from sleep mode, return after reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless and bluetooth adapters disabled after return from sleep mode, return after reboot: That's what happens to me sometimes (like once in a week or two) in my machine (Lenovo Yoga 510 notebook with Windows 10). I close the lid, and when I reopen it, no wireless networks are available, despite several networks being in range (my phone stays connected the whole...
  8. Second monitor appears pixelated sometimes

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor appears pixelated sometimes: Before we get started, here might be some setup information that may be worth noting. My primary monitor is a 1080p, 1920 x 1080 (native) using an HDMI to DVI. My secondary monitor is a SONY TV 1360 x 768 (native) using an HDMI. Both are connected to my graphics card and not...
  9. Return From Sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Return From Sleep: My pc goes into sleep mode after 15 minutes, when I then press the spacebar to return to normal operation I get a random picture on screen, plus so odd overlayed messages. Then press enter and it asks for a password, press enter again and it logs in and goes back to normal -...
  10. Returning from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Returning from sleep: I have rather a strange problem. On returning from sleep mode when I open a program (any program) the PC will open multi copies of the program that I've clicked on. Taskbar won't open. Windows is up to date and my bios has been patched. Tried uninstalling KB4056892 - no...